• 114 results
456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By 456nto

Clarkson is a poster boy for racist, misogynistic and arrogant middle class English "lads". A lot of people like to hide behind the excuse "he's politically incorrect" to justify Clarkson's shitty elitist attitude but I have no idea how you can claim somebody is all that edgy and against-the-grain when he's actually friends with the Prime Minister. Jezza is seriously not that funny or intelligent. He's actually kind of a blubbering idiot, totally dismissing things that just so happen to offend his ignorant, traditional world view (he hated the idea of a public smoking or fox hunting ban). Whenever I see May, Hammond and Clarkson laughing at the lame jokes they make, I can't quite help but picture them all sniffing their own farts like how rich men taste expensive wine.

Sure, turn a blind eye to this guy physically assaulting somebody in his workplace. He needs the help.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

He's an institutionalized bully who is deliberately inflammatory, nor was he ever funny. Doesn't help that the BBC is in a massive mess either for numerous reasons.

The guy has been warned over and over and put on several "final" warnings for his comments in public and his utter contempt for the human race as a whole. He was only allowed to remain there because the BBC had no idea how to replace the guy or his two lackeys, he thought he was untouchable and he tried to flaunt it, this is the result. I loathed paying my tv license to pay his wages all these years, glad hes gone but im not the shows target audiance, just surprised so many people are suporting him even after all of this.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@456nto said:

Clarkson is a poster boy for racist, misogynistic and arrogant middle class English "lads". A lot of people like to hide behind the excuse "he's politically incorrect" to justify Clarkson's shitty elitist attitude but I have no idea how you can claim somebody is all that edgy and against-the-grain when he's actually friends with the Prime Minister. Jezza is seriously not that funny or intelligent. He's actually kind of a blubbering idiot, totally dismissing things that just so happen to offend his ignorant, traditional world view (he hated the idea of a public smoking or fox hunting ban). Whenever I see May, Hammond and Clarkson laughing at the lame jokes they make, I can't quite help but picture them all sniffing their own farts like how rich men taste expensive wine.

Sure, turn a blind eye to this guy physically assaulting somebody in his workplace. He needs the help.

True. Also, the logic he employed to attack speed cameras has always been baffling. And it devolved over the years from a somewhat rational critisism of the type that registers your average speed on a distance to pure populist nonsense that should be insulting to the audience who somehow still gladly lap it up.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Rightfully fired but sad, it was a great show with those 3 guys.

Shalidor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

So sad :(

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I've been waiting for a chance to use some fun British words! Ahem...

"Oi, 'e's a right proper bellend, innit?"

Thank you all for indulging me.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@dark said:
@bollard said:

@isomeri: Sorry to break it to you but no-one watched Top Gear for their car reviews.

But but ... SIR, I was planning on getting a Veyron one day and wanted to see if my future purchase was worth it.

My mistake then!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@lead_dispencer said:

Why does every headline say "sacked"?? has the term fired or terminated or let go been removed from existence?

"Sacked" is actually a pretty common way of saying it in the UK. It's essentially equivalent to "fired" for those of us in the US.

It is fairly commonly used in the US as well, at least in New England.

Petty politics caused Klimm's departure

Cape Cod Times (Hyannis, MA) - Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On reading your page one stories of June 24 — "Bulger world unfolds" and "Town council ripped for buyout plan" — I was struck by the sorry correlation between the events described.

In the Bulger story, an alleged murderer is able to stay on the loose for nearly two decades due to the betrayal of the public trust by a FBI official.

In the Barnstable Town Council story, a trustworthy, proven manager, John Klimm, is sacked for no stated reason due to the petty politics of the James Crocker cohort on the council.

In both cases the public well-being is put at risk and the cost to taxpayers ignored. Is it any wonder that citizens hold public officials in such low regard?

C. Gerry McGowan

Record Number: 106280331 Copyright, 2011, Cape Cod Times. All Rights Reserved.

Academy president details trustee rift

Cape Cod Times (Hyannis, MA) - Saturday, December 17, 2005

...On Nov. 7, a student provided the name of the person who sent one of the sex-solicitation e-mails. Gurnon ordered the suspect's computer be monitored by academy staff for a week, then it was impounded. Gurnon said he was gathering evidence from the computer when he was sacked .

A failing grade for Rumsfeld

Cape Cod Times (Hyannis, MA) - Wednesday, December 29, 2004

...This is the same official who claimed that taking Baghdad would be like entering Paris in World War II and that revenues from Iraqi oil would largely pay for the war. Rumsfeld is also the manager who effectively sacked Army Chief of Staff General Eric Shinseki when Shinseki advised him that it would take about 300,000 U.S. troops to pacify and occupy a post-Saddam Iraq.

Crisis of confidence

Cape Cod Times (Hyannis, MA) - Wednesday, April 23, 2003

...The challenge of managing the virus-borne [SARS] health crisis is breaking traditional reticence. Over the weekend the mayor of Beijing was sacked and the country's health minister was removed from a key party post for their failures to deal effectively with the illness. Presumably, that now includes failure to be honest and upfront about the number of patients being treated.

English is a wonderful language because these are all vaid ways to use sacked: the tackle sacked the quarterback; the Romans sacked Carthage; the clerk sacked the groceries; I worked 20 hrs straight, so when I got home I was sacked; or I didn't go to work, so I was sacked.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

The guy acted like an asshole. He deserved what he got.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad times.

Avatar image for meatdimensionfighter
meatdimensionfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never understood how the the staff of the BBC and production staff for the show kept the things in the show that caused the numerous controversies over the years. The show is not aired live, and yet it seems that all the people working on the show and the people at the BBC approving to air an episode, never raised any flags before an episode was put out. The people who edit and directed the show know what has been said or done during filming, and yet it still went on.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

So, Hammond working on a new season of Braniacs, then?

xhaktmtjdnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Clarkson getting fired, canned, kicked-to-the-curb or sacked is just fine. Top Gear is a great show, because of the people behind the Camera not necessary those in front. The direction and photography and sound design make the show a treasure. I found Clarkson's on screen persona to be more annoying than anything else, but contrasted against Mays being a goof ball and Hammond acting like a child who had too much sugar it all worked well enough. However, having them do the same gags over and over with much less enthusiasm wasn't helping the show any. I think a new cast could really liven up the show and combined with it's excellent production make for a better Top Gear than we've had for a while.