#3  Edited By connerthekewlkid
superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By superfriend

Ugh.. well that Star Trek film wasn´t bad, so I guess they could have picked a worse director.

But I also feel like they picked him because they want to "revitalize" Star Wars.. and we all know what happens when you try that.

Fubar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Fubar

*Lens flare*

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

This is great! Loved the new Star Trek movie, like alot of his other stuff, was hoping for this

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Krullban

Lightsaber lens flare.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Fubar said:

*Lens flare*

@Krullban said:

Lightsaber lens flare.

i never really seen any JJ Abrams movies is there just a compilation video on youtube of how many lens flares he does?

i wanna see if its as bad as everyone says

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

I feel pretty uh...not caring either way. At least not until I see some trailer stuff.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, I liked the last Star Trek movie and I generally don't like Star Trek, so that makes me kind of optimistic.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I love J.J. Abrams and I think Star Wars is mostly shit, so yeah. Hopefully this doesn't fuck with his Star Trek series in the future.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Branthog

Sorry, JJ lost me after his shitty ending to LOST.

After about three episodes of LOST, we were all "oh, we get it... they're all dead and in purgatory".

"NO NO NO NO! C'mon, we're smarter than that! You'll never guess what the truth of the island really is!"

Flash forward another six years: "And they were all dead and in purgatory..."

Fuck you, JJ Abrams.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By BisonHero
@connerthekewlkid

@Fubar said:

*Lens flare*

@Krullban said:

Lightsaber lens flare.

i never really seen any JJ Abrams movies is there just a compilation video on youtube of how many lens flares he does?

i wanna see if its as bad as everyone says

Just YouTube "Star Trek lens flare" and you should see what everyone is joking about.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Didn't Abrams directly deny this some weeks ago, due to his commitment to Star Trek? Guess they threw some more money at him.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@Branthog said:

After about three episodes of LOST, we were all "oh, we get it... they're all dead and in purgatory".

"NO NO NO NO! C'mon, we're smarter than that! You'll never guess what the truth of the island really is!"

Fuck you, JJ Abrams.

J.J. Abrams had nothing to do with Lost after the first season. Also, the limbo stuff only occurs after the climax of the story.

Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hilbert

@xobballox said:

Well, I liked the last Star Trek movie and I generally don't like Star Trek, so that makes me kind of optimistic.

Uhhhhh. I don't know how I.. ugh I wanna cho..a as #$%$%#$

No Caption Provided
uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uhtaree

No sir, I don't like it.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chrissedoff

@Branthog: I don't think Abrams was all that involved with Lost after the first season or two. Blame Damon Lindelof for Lost's crappy ending.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Jayzilla

idk really. as long as Jar Jar shows up in a music montage with the ghost of Kit Fisto, I am cool with it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colourful_hippie

Cool

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Snail

I'm afraid.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iceman228433

WOW if he does half the Job he did with Star Trek we are going to be in for some good stuff, he is the man for the job for sure.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superfriend said:

Ugh.. well that Star Trek film wasn´t bad, so I guess they could have picked a worse director.

But I also feel like they picked him because they want to "revitalize" Star Wars.. and we all know what happens when you try that.

The same thing that J.J. did with Star Trek? Actually make it good.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Snail

@iceman228433 said:

WOW if he does half the Job he did with Star Trek we are going to be in for some good stuff, he is the man for the job for sure.

Wasn't that Star Trek film just basically a pretty good sci-fi summer movie? Why do people keep bringing up this movie? It's not what I want to see from Star Wars at all. Sure, it proves he knows how to make a summer flick with an old sci-fi franchise, but how does that imply he is the most indicated person to make a Star Wars movie?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Branthog

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Branthog said:

Fuck you, JJ Abrams.

J.J. Abrams had nothing to do with Lost after the first season. Also, the limbo stuff only occurs after the climax of the story.

It only becomes clear that's the story after the climax, you mean. That doesn't change the fact that's where they were the entire time throughout the story. And JJ was the one who setup the story and denied the plot when we all called it from the beginning. He wasn't there throughout the rest of the story, but he sure as hell had a guiding hand in it.

Also feel the same way about the more recent Fringe finale, though that was quite an improvement over the LOST one.

Oh, though I should say that in the long run, I don't actually care, because I don't give a shit about Star Wars. I've seen the original three once a long time ago (in the 90s, when I was around 20) and they were pretty good, but nothing I'm going to build the rest of my life around, like most people seem to.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@Branthog:

I mean they weren't dead the entire time.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Bumpton

@xobballox said:

Same here, duder. Can't wait to see what he makes of it.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By pyromagnestir

What does China think about this news?

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Branthog said:

Fuck you, JJ Abrams.

J.J. Abrams really had almost nothing to do with lost after the first episode. And I think the sideways universe stuff from the last season was just a big fuck you to all the people saying "They all died in the plane crash." The writers response was "You want purgatory? Here's your fucking purgatory! Right here!" *crotch grab

edit: Heh. I spelled plane wrong. And I also forgot to mention I was personally rooting for David Lynch.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
No Caption Provided

Just kidding, I think he's a great director and will do a fine job with the series. Super 8 was fucking awesome.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Phatmac

GET YOUR OWN DAMN DIRECTOR STAR WARS AND LET THE STAR TREK GUY BE OUR STAR TREK GUY!!!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By GunstarRed

I was hoping they'd get some new up and coming director to take a shot at it, and this isn't 100% confirmed is it? JJ has shown he's pretty good at making movies, I think MI3 is the best of that franchise and Super 8 is a fantastic loveletter to Spielberg of old. (not quite there though) I like Star Trek and it will be weird if he is responsible for both reboots, he's a good choice for the genre I guess.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@Fubar said:

*Lens flare*

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Branthog

@pyromagnestir said:

What does China think about this news?

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Branthog said:

Fuck you, JJ Abrams.

J.J. Abrams really had almost nothing to do with lost after the first episode. And I think the sideways universe stuff from the last season was just a big fuck you to all the people saying "They all died in the plain crash." The writers response was "You want purgatory? Here's your fucking purgatory! Right here!" *crotch grab

That seems unlikely, but I would love the idea of show writers using an entire final season of a show to just tell fans to go fuck themselves. :)

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By superfriend

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Superfriend said:

The same thing that J.J. did with Star Trek? Actually make it good.

Hm well, I guess he brought it back to the roots while also revitalizing it.. but there´s nothing wrong with either the old Star Trek or the old Star Wars Films. My revitalizing comment was aimed at the attempts George Lucas made to enhance the old films... and the new films he created.

My fear is that the new director will mesh with the whole family friendly Disney stuff and the end result will resemble Star Wars Episode 1. No, Star Wars needs to stay true to its roots and not turn into a CG monster where literally everything in the film is fake. Star Wars thrives because of a relatively unique, dirty, "old" sci-fi universe. It was probably a byproduct of the budget the first movie had, but it defines Star Wars nonetheless. Judging from how JJ Abrams treated some of the aspects in Star Trek I think he will show some respect to the old Star Wars- and there will probably be weird fan service that makes me kinda uncomfortable. Prepare for old man Han Solo to show up in that film.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I really liked Star Trek so I see this as good news. It couldn't possibly be worse than the new movies.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

The Lens Flare on the light sabers will be off the hook!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#38  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Branthog:

I can't think of any other logical explanation for that dumb plot line... So I'm sticking with my theory!

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Toxin066

NOT HAN'S BOAT

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Julmust

Cool I guess.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Jayzilla said:

idk really. as long as Jar Jar shows up in a music montage with the ghost of Kit Fisto, I am cool with it.

i could never get enough of Kit Fisto even if they tried

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Snail said:

@iceman228433 said:

Wasn't that Star Trek film just basically a pretty good sci-fi summer movie? Why do people keep bringing up this movie? It's not what I want to see from Star Wars at all. Sure, it proves he knows how to make a summer flick with an old sci-fi franchise, but how does that imply he is the most indicated person to make a Star Wars movie?

Star Trek was a good movie. No qualifications. As was Super 8. Although thats more E.T. than Star Wars. They both had problems, but they were good.

He's a great choice for the job because he is one of few who knows how to make good sci-fi movies.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By wrecks

Dug Lost, Dug the new Trek. Guy knows how to make a popcorn movie and revitalize a franchise. That is exactly what Star Wars needs again after the suckquels. I'm in.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I would have rather had Joss Whedon after seeing how well he handled The Avengers with great dialogue, group dynamics, action, humor... but I think it's a solid choice.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#45  Edited By Svenzon

Meh. I won't write him off entirely, but I'm not a fan of his style at all. Oh well, at least they didn't pick Joss Whedon.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@Branthog said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

@Branthog said:

Fuck you, JJ Abrams.

It only becomes clear that's the story after the climax, you mean. That doesn't change the fact that's where they were the entire time throughout the story. And JJ was the one who setup the story and denied the plot when we all called it from the beginning. He wasn't there throughout the rest of the story, but he sure as hell had a guiding hand in it.

Also feel the same way about the more recent Fringe finale, though that was quite an improvement over the LOST one.

Oh, though I should say that in the long run, I don't actually care, because I don't give a shit about Star Wars. I've seen the original three once a long time ago (in the 90s, when I was around 20) and they were pretty good, but nothing I'm going to build the rest of my life around, like most people seem to.

The limbo stuff all takes place after the events of the island. Everything that happened throughout the entire course of the show actually happened (in fiction of course), it was only after everyone died (during the events of the show for some, later for others, likely hundreds or thousands of years later for a certain two) that they went to the purgatory LA. It was poorly explained and many made the same assumption as you, but there are specific lines of dialogue at the end that make this clear.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Milkman

I saw some people getting angry about this on Twitter and I didn't really understand why. Abrams' Star Trek was fantastic. Why would anyone have any reason to believe that this won't be?

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By tourgen

why are people angry? The dude can make a flashy film that makes cash. With a decent writer and editor it might be alright. And let's face it, it would be almost impossible to be worse than the last 3 star wars films.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PokeIkzai

I thought he said he wasn't doing it and sticking to Star Trek. Oh well. I really like his Star Trek movie. I'm sure he'll do a good job here.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kerned

I don't understand why anyone would be angry. Three months ago George Lucas owned Star Wars and would have ruined any future films... assuming any even got made. Now there are going to be at least three more movies, and the first one is being directed by an extremely capable and talented director. People will whine about literally anything.