Jurassic World Discussion Thread (Spoilers maybe?)

• 59 results
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

*CGI ain't that great, but considering the dino fighting going on, I'll accept it over animatronics.

*Chris Pratt is barely worth a mention, but considering the overall mediocre script and plotting of the movie, its not his fault.

*The new dinosaur that's part t-rex and part raptor is basically a t-rex with more teeth. It's not that imaginative. The new underwater dino is pretty good tho.

*The movie doesn't take time to develop its characters. There's this one scene where the two boys are talking about their parents having a divorce, and that plot point never comes up again.

*Overall you see this movie to see people getting eaten/attacked by dinos and the film's pacing works pretty well for that, but for $13 a ticket, I wouldn't see it until it comes out on blu-ray.

2/5

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I agree with all your points ah! It's not a great film, serviceable but that's about it.

I even had more fun watching San Andreas, because of how darn stupid that one is. Jurassic World is not even stupid enough, it's middling.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should also note that the film's plot is about an In-Gen worker wanting to use the dinos as weapons and he set up the whole thing as some kind of PR stunt...I guess? Again, you're seeing it for the dino action.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Probably the best Jurassic film behind the first one. Chris Pratt was charismatic enough for me to root for him and he did have a fair share of badass moments. The final fight scene was terrific. Overall I'd highly recommend seeing it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They could've had mutant dinosaurs with guns in Jurassic Park 4 but nooooooo...

No Caption Provided

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By AlKusanagi

Listen, you could ignore the first 90% of the movie, and it still gets 5/5 for that final battle!

The first Jurassic Park is one of my top 3 movies of all time, and while this one will never top it, it's still light years ahead of the other two. My only complaint is that there was ZERO reason to have the kids in it at all. I thought they were at least going to subvert the usual kid tropes and have one of them die, but no...

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I posted this elsewhere on the Internet. Spoiler heavy - be warned!

Huge Jurassic Park fan, just got back from seeing it. I thought it was mostly good. Really uneven, though.

THE GOOD

Arriving at Isla Nublar

This was one of two sequences that got me teary eyed. Finally, a working Jurassic Park. A beautiful island paradise with dinosaurs everywhere. And when the music swells and the classic theme comes in? Waterworks.

Chris Pratt's Raptor Squad

Pretty much everything involving the raptors was great. I loved the nighttime sequence when they're finally let loose from their paddock and start hunting the Indominus Rex - and when they turn on Pratt and start munching on some InGen grunts.

Dinosaur Petting Zoo

A callback to Lex riding the baby triceratops in the original book, seeing all these kids getting to enjoy the dinosaurs was fantastic. In this universe, dinosaurs have been around longer than these kids have been alive - hell, longer than most of the characters have been alive. Just a fun scene.

The Mosasaur

Pretty much everything involving the Mosasaur was great - it was way too big, obviously, but I can easily head canon it away and say that they intentionally made it large to be more attractive to visitors. Seeing the three-way tag team of the T-Rex, raptors, and Mosasaur take down the Indominus Rex was awesome.

Old Visitors Center

The second time I got teary-eyed. Watching the characters brush the dust off of the old "WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH" banner, glance at the raptor painting in the dining hall, play with the night-vision goggles, and repair the old jeep was fantastic. They even had the old walkie-talkies in those slots from the first film.

Half of the dialogue

There were some good moments in the dialogue. I liked the control center guy with the retro Jurassic Park shirt mocking the suits over their corporate-sponsored dinosaurs, and Wu's rant with Masrani over how they've been genetically modifying dinosaurs the whole time was right on the mark. Chris Pratt's rapport with the raptors was similarly effective - I really felt like his character knew the raptors and when they were getting out of line. Kind of reminded me of someone reprimanding their cat or dog.

THE BAD

The other half of the dialogue

Christ, there are some awful lines in here. Instead of Owen and Claire talking about their history together, why not show an old photo of them in Owen's bungalow or something? And when Claire is on the phone with her sister and saying something to the effect of, "You're using Mom's lines now," like, c'mon, I know you're sisters. You don't need to beat me over the head with establishing your relationship.

Characters and relationships

Speaking of relationships, I didn't buy Owen and Claire getting together at all. They liked each other enough to apparently go on all of one date in the past, and suddenly after a half day together, they're making out in the middle of a pterosaur attack? What? And D'Onofrio's character was one mustache twirl away from being a cartoon character. Masrani was inconsistent - he's, I guess, envisioning himself as the next John Hammond by saying that he cares about his guests having fun and not worrying about the numbers, but then investing all this money into the Indominus Rex and throwing away lives trying to capture it alive. Then, he morphs into Tony Stark and decides to fly a helicopter into action because, for some reason, his instructor was the only other person on the island who could fly a helicopter. No, you know, Lifeflight or anything like that. The two brothers seemed to be having a hell of a good time running around the park - I didn't buy them being scared in the slightest.

The CGI

Mostly bad during the day, better at night. Still not better than Jurassic Park, 22 years later. If you don't want to invest the money into good CGI or animatronics, don't put CGI scenes into your script. Simple as that.

The fan service

Look, I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan, but if I wanted to watch Jurassic Park, I'd go watch Jurassic Park. A lot of this movie felt like they picked the scenes from the old movies that they liked and remade them. Characters are moved by a sick or dying herbivore? Check. Parents getting a divorce? Check. Greedy park employee steals embryos from their employer? Check. Raptors surround the protagonists during the climax of the movie at the visitors center? Check. T-Rex saves the day? Check. Dinosaur containment failure causes a recall of park vehicles, but two children end up stuck in the jungle when they're attacked by an antagonistic predator and are only protected by a sheet of glass before escaping down a steep drop? Check.

Lazy script

I know that there has to be a certain level of stupidity among the characters for there to be a movie, but my suspension of disbelief was getting strained at times. How often did electronic communication failures cause characters to be unable to relay important information to one another? I counted at least three - the control center being unable to tell Owen et al to get out of the Indominus Rex paddock, Claire being unable to tell the kids to take the gyrosphere back, and Owen's buddy being unable to tell him that InGen was invading the island. How about not using the helicopter at the very beginning to scout out and tranq the Indominus Rex? Why can't Wu tell his boss exactly what they put into the Indominus Rex? Why doesn't Claire change into boots at any point during the film, especially when Owen specifically calls her out on it as soon as they decide to go on their adventure together?

The Indominus Rex

Good concept - I like the idea of them making this ferocious creature that's essentially insane because of its total lack of exposure to the world and competing natural instincts. However, the design was just kind of lame looking and I thought the creature's roar was underwhelming. The T-Rex has a commanding presence whenever it's on screen, but the Indominus Rex is just sort of there.

OVERALL

Jurassic World had a lot of cool moments, but it also had a lot of dumb parts. I wish it were better - obviously - but it could have been a lot worse. Overall, it's no where close to the first one, but it's better than Jurassic Park III and probably (probably) better than The Lost World. Go see it and support dinosaurs on the big screen, at least!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was a little kid again watching this film. That was good enough for me.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going into this not expecting anything more than a 2 hour dumb popcorn movie with cool dinosaurs and Chris Pratt. It doesn't sound like I'll be disappointed.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Its not as good as the first movie but still better then the other Jurassic Park Sequel's

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it's Jurassic Park... these movies to me are just fun dumb movies with outdated / over-the-top designed dinosaurs. That's fine with me. I'm not expecting a super serious science fiction flick that debates ethics and brings something new to the man vs nature theme. I feel like with those expectations I should enjoy it, right?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it. I might be arsed to write a more substantial counterpoint to the naysayers, but for now I'll just say that I can't remember the last time I smiled so hard at the climax of a film.

If you're going into a movie like this trying to filter it through your science book, not only are you bad at watching movies, I don't want to know you.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it I can't wait to see it again and own it on Blu Ray, might have even liked it better then the first one.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally I'll agree with most of what y'all are saying. I like dumb flicks too. My main complaints about this movie are relatively minor in the grand scheme of b-movies, but I'd much prefer to rent this movie rather than spend $13 for a ticket, which is why I rated it low.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By turboman

Some people are being way too precious with the first movie.

This movie is a great big budget action movie that really exceeded my expectations. Has a lot of dumb stuff that gets in the way (the original Jurassic Park truck scene is only there to waste ten minutes of the movie's time, the kid's are the reason the British assistant dies and nobody has any regret about it, the evil turn by the evil guy sucks)

But the raptor chase scene in the truck, dinosaur fight, and Chris Pratt make this movie a pretty fun watch.

Edit: Thinking it over now, not one "clever girl" mention really pisses me off.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MocBucket62

Saw this film last night, and I thought it was an enjoyable summer flick. Thought Chris Pratt did his best with what he was given and I really liked his interaction with the Raptors. I couldn't help but chuckle at seeing Pratt raise up rats and the raptors were looking at the rats as if they were dogs looking at a puppy treat. Bryce Dallas Howard's character was unlikable at first, but she grew on me as the movie progressed as she went from being cold businesswoman to brave aunt. She saves Owen's life by shooting one of the pterosaurs attacking him, yet her two cousins idolize Owen despite being in distress. I loved what they did with the younger kid in the sequence when he went to the park, because that is how I would be if Jurassic Park was real when I was a young kid. But he and his big brother later one became characters I could care less about.

I do want to say that I felt the evil corporation behind the plan felt like the film was trying its hardest to make Jurassic Park into Metal Gear Solid, as in the Dinosaurs are seen as being these ultimate weapons (Organic Gene Rex). And Hoskins does what he can to sound like a Metal Gear villain. There are some pretty flawed stuff in the film like the plot behind the Hybrid-dinosaur and a phoned in dynamic about the kids' parents getting a divorce that was poorly fleshed out. But definitely see this movie for the action because when he Dinosaurs are let loose, the action is very tense but exciting to watch! And I liked the reminders of the first Jurassic Park, like seeing Mr. DNA again and the old park from JP1. There's even a strange meta-commentary scene where Claire sees one of her employees wear a Jurassic Park shirt and the employee praises the original park for bringing Dinosaurs to life using their own DNA, not creating hybrid dinos, which felt like the film trying to connect to the audience about how the first film's plot was better than this, but it felt strange that the self-mockery was in there. I might be either annoyed or enthralled if any of the characters said "Na aw aw, you didn't say the magic word" at some point during the film. Though overall, this is a solid 3/5 summer film. Nowhere near as good as Jurassic Park, but better than JP2 and JP3.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It has the same lack of depth that most big budget movies have, but this easily slots behind the original for me if only that it does bring back at least a little of the wonder of the original. It's a PG-13 movie but there were a LOT of kids in my audience.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I can't believe how many people are going to see this shit, basically guarantees that Star Wars is going to do 300 million on the first weekend.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'll see it, to see it. I was hoping it would be better, and it certainly should have been better...but what can you do in Hollywood where everything is second guessed.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap Jurassic World made 82 million on Friday. You guys know what this means right? Jurassic Universe.

No Caption Provided

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's basically this year's Pacific Rim; the only reason I wouldn't recommend it is if you're a heartless monster who hates fun.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

I loved it. I might be arsed to write a more substantial counterpoint to the naysayers, but for now I'll just say that I can't remember the last time I smiled so hard at the climax of a film.

If you're going into a movie like this trying to filter it through your science book, not only are you bad at watching movies, I don't want to know you.

The problems with the movie have nothing to do with any science inaccuracies. It's just bad.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why people are praising Chris Pratt. I mean, he did alright considering the script, but he was just..there.

They needed a Jeff Goldblum like character, imo.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'll admit that it does have its fair share of problems, but it was still pretty fantastic. My gripes would mostly be that the first half with the kids on their own felt really half-baked. Some of those scenes really needed to be developed more, and the way they kept cutting away from them for long portions made the pacing feel uneven. Also, the older brother was an insufferable dick. That's probably the point, but still.

Also, Chris Pratt was...fine? He had some good moments, but was definitely not the main character as the trailers indicate, because Bryce Dallas Howard has considerably more screen time. Pratt's character felt a little bland. The characters overall could've been better, but they were perfectly adequate for what the material called for.

Most importantly, the action was good. Plenty of good dino carnage to be had. The movie was surprisingly violent for a PG-13 rating. The CGI could've been better, but I wouldn't call it "bad" either. It didn't take me out of the movie or anything. The final battle, though. FUCK. YES. That was some goooood shit right there, let me tell you.

I came away from the movie happy, happier than I originally thought when I first saw the trailers for this thing. Nothing is ever going to capture the magic of the original JP, nor should anyone expect it to, but this was some really good fun.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

So Dr. Henry Wu is a fuckin evil genius? I knew I shouldn't of trust that guy back in 93'.

Overall I thought that movie was a great comedy. In terms of Pratt's performance, I think he is a charming fella who is great in certain roles just not sure about this one for him. I think he can pull off the goofball bumbling idiot, but the role he played seemed like it needed to be for somebody a bit more hardened.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I counted 2 practical dinosaurs. One was the tiny triceratops the kid was riding and the other was the head of the dying brachiosaurus Pratt held. Everything else was cg. Even the raptor heads with muzzles, it all just felt lazy.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By cornbredx

spoilers: the movie is terrible

It was made for the 13 year olds in the audience who loved it (and applauded for some reason I don't understand). That's fine, but I think they deserved a better movie.

Edit: Why does no one else recognize that "ANIMALS DON'T BEHAVE THIS WAY"

A raptor isn't gonna ride on the back of a TRex. A raptor and a TRex are not going to get a long to fight a common enemy. Animals don't work like that. That's lame and stupid!

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinwalsh: The muzzled raptors were animatronics (or at least one of them was).

No Caption Provided

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinwalsh: There might be more, like the muzzled raptor in the post above, but it seems they put a layer of cgi over the animatronics to polish up a bit, get some more subtle movements. (blinking?)
Which gives them a layer of fake and maybe why the muzzled ones were missed.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin: @cheappoison: Yeah they def had CG eyes then. I was looking right at the eyes and they did not look practical at all.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I loved it, it was dumb but a ton of fun, I thought it was gonna be terrible due to the trailers being so cheesy, it was cheesy but in an amazing way I do agree though that the CGI is just confusing the fact that a 22 year old movie looks better just kinda blows my mind.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie is far from terrible. I honestly don't understand the hate this movie is getting. It is leaps and bounds better than the last two.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't like how the end half of the movie was nighttime and quite dark, i suppose they did it to hide some of the not so great CGI. Made the finale quite confusing in my mind, lots of close ups of dark animals that look the same fighting.

Comparing that to the the King Kong fight or even the Jurassic Park 3 fight, i felt it could have been directed a lot better.

Fun movie, really felt like Chris Pratt was giving of an Indiana Jones vibe, especially the scene where he is fixing his bike and drinking Coke out of a glass bottle.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie is far from terrible. I honestly don't understand the hate this movie is getting. It is leaps and bounds better than the last two.

That isn't much of a compliment considering the last two movies were dog shit.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:
@acidbrandon18 said:

Probably cause people always want to compare it to the original. Jurassic Park is such a remarkable film for people. People can nitpick Spielberg and his directing style all they want, but the sense of wonder he sets out with his films is truly memorizing.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:
@acidbrandon18 said:

Probably cause people always want to compare it to the original. Jurassic Park is such a remarkable film for people. People can nitpick Spielberg and his directing style all they want, but the sense of wonder he sets out with his films is truly memorizing.

Why wouldn't they compare it with the original?

Also I am not sure who is nitpicking Spielberg; he is one of the world's greatest directors.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: Spielberg movies tend to cover the same themes. If you are under the impression that even the greatest directors don't get scrutinized I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: Spielberg movies tend to cover the same themes. If you are under the impression that even the greatest directors don't get scrutinized I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

No bubble burst, I am well aware that everyone get's critiques. I just wasn't sure why you mentioned the nitpick part in the original post.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: Guess some of it is probably geared more towards the second film. I thought that film was still pretty good even though it had some pretty infamous scenes which made it the butt of jokes among Jurassic Park fans. I still think that film was far better than Jurassic World. I kinda have to wonder what Michael Crichton would be thinking if he were alive today and saw Jurassic World.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a bad film. If you liked Jurassic Park wait for a rental or watch a cheaper matinee screening. Spoilers ahead.

The good: Seeing a working Dinosaur theme park is freaking awesome. The sea world attraction (I loved the seats sinking down to see it underwater) and dino petting zoo/triceratops rides were great. Parts that feature the old Jurassic Park theme are great. The reveal of the original JP T-Rex is freaking amazing. A lot of the nods to the book and first movie I loved.

The bad: The writing. It is atrocious. None of the characters were interesting, likable, or explained well at all. Masrani was the best character and he got killed off, his writing was somewhat hypocritical at times. The guy in the control room also was likable. The dinosaurs none of them really leapt out at me as being new and exciting. The CGI didn't look great, and even the autoerotic apatosaurus looked bad half the time. They also spent the first 3 movies telling us what awesome predators raptors were. In this film their attacks were limited to jumping on I-Rexs armored back and trying to bite him. No slashing with 6 inch talons or outsmarting the prey. A turkey would have served the same purpose, they were used as a distraction until T-Rex came out. New music, it misfires at every step. I can't remember a single new theme from the movie. Zero believable characters. Running through a tropical jungle with high heels and keeping up all the time. The raptor trainers backstory was "a guy from the navy" zero reason why he should be helping to train raptors, or look for structural weaknesses in the area. Claire, knowing she had her nephews coming over and not scheduling a day off, pretty shitty. I felt more for Owens assistant (black guy, can't remember his name) than any other person in the movie. The kids had no reason being there. They also never helped out at all, which is the reason why kids are put in movies. The simpleness of youth always helps. In every other film the kids at least help out in one scene or another. I could ramble on and on about just inaccuracies and plot holes that detracted from the movie.

Going to leave with one final complaint. The death of the assistant was absolutely awful. Someone described it as murder porn. It was completely unwarranted. The brutality, and length of her death scene were completely undeserving for such a minor character whose flaw in the film was that she was talking on her phone about boys and her wards ran off. Even the guy we were supposed to hate the most, the chubby InGen guy had an off screen death. Hell even the blood sucking lawyer in the first one got a call back shortly after his death. She was tortured and killed and no one said a single thing afterward.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why is everyone in this movie so goddamn stupid 'Alright so there is a big giant mutant ferocious dinosaur that is going to probably kill everyone and destroy everything, so let's keep the park open but just cut off one section and risk peoples lives while also trying to use dinosaurs as military weapons'. I mean come ooooon, humans aren't stupid, like when there was the World Trade Center bombing, they evacuated everyone the fuck out, not tell everyone "everything is all right, just a little inconvenience, enjoy your day".

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By Justin258

I loved it. The only thing I could think about during the last third was how awesome the absurd nonsense onscreen was.

Yeah, it's a dumb movie, with a dumb plot and a dumb cast, and it dips into the absurd pretty often, but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. I came here to see a B-movie with a really big budget where awesome stuff with dinosaurs happens and I enjoyed it. A whole hell of a lot. Awesome stuff with dinosaurs happens often, and it happens so often and it's so awesome that who cares how thin the characters and plot are?

If you're going to see something that's accurate, or thematic, or inspires you to think... don't. If you're looking for a good dumb fun time, definitely take the time to go see this.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Movie was fun.

Some of you folks are way too critical of summer popcorn flicks.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hermes

Up until the end the movie was serviceable. Not on par with 1, better than 3...

The last 20 minutes are so bloody stupid the movie turns into the greatest thing ever or the stupidest thing ever (depending of your perspective): One of the raptor gets a slow motion running scene as it enter the fight, it mounts the T-Rex and fights alongside it against the "common enemy". At the end of that fight, they glance at each other with a sight of mutual respect and go different ways, leaving all the human heroes alive and alone watching at the scene. If they gave each other a thumbs up, it would not look out of place. I swear to god, if Scary movie producers wanted to make a satire of that scene, they couldn't get an end result that looks half as silly. I was cracking all the way to the credits...

One thing that was totally absent, though, was the sense of childlike awe to the dinosaurs. It is like even the producers had no love for the subject and started believing the lines about dinosaurs not being enough anymore... There are a lot of scenes that try to inspire awe or nostalgia, but it gets noticed that Spielberg is the absolute master of that craft, and Spielberg they are not.

Also, the whole plan of turning dinosaurs into trained soldiers makes no sense whatsoever. I know they added it to present a purely bad guy, but the whole plan is so stupid it makes no sense at all.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A thrill ride movie that is big stupid fun without being awful. Sure it's not Jurassic Park level but definitely better than average summer blockbuster.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The biggest opening weekend ever for a 14 years later revival after two consecutive films substantially worse than the original (and by all accounts this doesn't buck that trend). I mean sure it's only going to stand for like 6 months but still what the fuck? I'm sure the movie is reasonably entertaining but the trailers looked bad, the cast isn't really a huge draw, what the hell is going on? This is the opening weekend folks, the film could have been a pile of shit (and didn't have pre-release reviews) and it still would have made $208 million domestic. Like, really stupid people go and see Transformers 4 and it gets 100 million, ticket prices go up so you can scale that up to 115 or whatever; where does the mysterious extra 93 million come from? Sure, there's probably a decent number of sane people that went and saw it, but not that many.

I mean so we're getting 5 more Jurassic Park movies at least, maybe like 20; I'm sure the studio will have it all planned out to 2045 or whatever. You just slap the name Jurassic on anything and bam, here's 1.8-2 billion dollars. Jurassic Planet, Jurassic Galaxy, Jurassic Milky Way, Jurassic Mission to Mars, Jurassic Pluto Nash, Jurassic Vs Capcom 3, the possibilities really are endless.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cramsy

Loved it. Didn't go in expecting to be blown away and was pleasantly surprised. Jurassic Park is my favourite movie ever and this film just did exactly what it needed to do. Looked good and had a TON of dinosaurs. Lots of really clever nods to the original, too. That flare seen was killer.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright. The best summer movie is still Mad Max Fury Road by far.