Just wanted to share a song I wrote with you guys - Ås

Chris_Ihao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Chris_Ihao

Hey good ppl. Since I spend much of my spare time here on GB I wanted to share a recent song of mine with you duders. Not really about anything. More like a postcard of where I now live. Feel free to drop a comment if you want to, no matter if you love it, hate it or whatever nuance of those two emotions. Will be posting more here on the off-topic section as I finish more. Actually considering writing a series of songs about fictional space stations, as the good ol' sci-fi feeling never gets old.

Enjoy (or not)!

http://soundcloud.com/chrisihao/s

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just over halfway through it, and I really like it. Cool work, duder. I followed you on SoundCloud.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MikeGosot
@Chris_Ihao said:

Hey good ppl. Since I spend much of my spare time here on GB I wanted to share a recent song of mine with you duders. Not really about anything. More like a postcard of where I now live. Feel free to drop a comment if you want to, no matter if you love it, hate it or whatever nuance of those two emotions. Will be posting more here on the off-topic section as I finish more. Actually considering writing a series of songs about fictional space stations, as the good ol' sci-fi feeling never gets old.

Enjoy (or not)!

http://soundcloud.com/chrisihao/s

LOL. 

Also, it's a cool song. I liked it.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

It's not bad, but it makes me feel kind of like the wall of sound has been dropped from a great height onto my head, leaving me about 4 feet into the ground with this fucking wall on me that I can't seem to get through, eventually suffocating me to death.

Chris_Ihao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chris_Ihao

@animathias said:

Just over halfway through it, and I really like it. Cool work, duder. I followed you on SoundCloud.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate your kind comment and have returned the favour. Been making music long, and might I ask what apps you prefer to use? I really like the atmosphere in some of your works. "Out of touch" and "take me anywhere" strikes me in particular as great adventure game music :)

@MikeGosot said:

LOL. Also, it's a cool song. I liked it.

Thanks a lot Mike. Happy to see you caught the pun. Hehe.

@nintendoeats said:

It's not bad, but it makes me feel kind of like the wall of sound has been dropped from a great height onto my head, leaving me about 4 feet into the ground with this fucking wall on me that I can't seem to get through, eventually suffocating me to death.

Hehe. I can totally see why you say that. You should be glad you were spared from listening to my initial, much more limited (if that tells you anything) and compressed master. I'll choose to interpret your comment in a mostly positive light however as I'm in a good mood today. ;)

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
@Chris_Ihao said:

@MikeGosot said:

LOL. Also, it's a cool song. I liked it.

Thanks a lot Mike. Happy to see you caught the pun. Hehe.

It... It was a pun? It wasn't  a mistake or s-- I mean... uhn... Of course it was a pun. I'm the Master Of Puns. Metallica even made a song for me called "Master of Pun-ppets". Yeah, i'm THAT great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chris_Ihao: I've been making music for about 2 years now, but that was from straight scratch. Right now I only use FL Studio, but I've been on the lookout for other apps to expand my horizons. The few gamer fellows I have that have heard my work have echoed your comment about a lot of my stuff sounding like game music, and I personally love that. :D I think that's my biggest inspiration and it shows through.

Thank you for listening to and commenting on my stuff, though. That lit up my day.

Chris_Ihao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chris_Ihao

@animathias: No problemo animathias. Same here. 2 years, thats not bad. I've been on and off since way back in the tracker times but started properly learning production the recent year or so. Making music is much harder than most people are aware of, in particular if you're in it by yourself. Although it doesnt show in the posted song I've done more than a few songs inspired by adventure games in particular due to many many hours of playing these. Check out the music in the Kyrandia series if you havent already. Its wonderful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chris_Ihao: I haven't heard anything from Kyrandia, but I'm now listening on YouTube - and you're right. This is awesome.

You're right in that making music by yourself is tough, but boy is it fulfilling. The main thing I don't think people realize is how many hours can go into a few minutes of music, haha. That was the big revelation for me.