Justice League Heroes trailer - looks alright

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The new Justice League trailer dropped.

Except that you hate Zack Snyder and that Batman V Superman is the worst thing to happen to world of film making since Jack and Jill, what do you guys think?

More importantly, for those who think this movie looked terrible so far, has this done anything for you? I think the trailer is just an affirmation for both camps. Personally I think it looks alright, and this trailer continues to make me think it has potential to be interesting. The song is ehh whatever but at this point I've come to expect this sort of treatment so it seems to oddly fit in that way. Aquaman continues to be really awesome in every scene he is in. I don't know much about the comic book version but this movie adaptation is really fun. Batman also continues to look great and I'm sure will continue to annoy true fans of the character with a Batmobile that has a huge cannon on it.

I dunno. Looks alright - what does everyone else think?

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just can't bring myself to get hyped for this, which sucks because it's a freaking Justice League film! I will say that this looked interesting in a "Where are they going with this?" kind of way. Especially the Superman sequence.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm interested. I like the potential. Was Snyder involved in this one again? I know it's a bit of a typical thing to say at this point, but I'm not really a big fan of his film style. It was okay for 300, but I don't like it for DC.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza said:

I'm interested. I like the potential. Was Snyder involved in this one again? I know it's a bit of a typical thing to say at this point, but I'm not really a big fan of his film style. It was okay for 300, but I don't like it for DC.

He was involved for most of the film, but then decided to drop out to recover with his family after his daughter committed suicide. Joss Whedon took over for the rest of the film at that point, including reshoots.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah I dunno, looks okay. The song (staaaaap with that shit), the jokiness, the awkward smirks and quips in the middle of fights that were awful in Wonder Woman and Batman v. Superman (to clarify because I've no doubt this'll be misinterpreted: smirky acknowledgements and quips in the middle of fights aren't by themselves bad, but in those movies they were poorly executed), I have low expectations.

Supergirl hype though!

Also after seeing Arrival and Big Eyes I was actually excited to see Amy Adams in this. Makes me wish we actually got a great Superman movie with them two.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By falconer

I hopeful that Whedon's involvement will at least make this film watchable. Yes, yes, I realize that Avengers 2 was kinda bleh. But he's still way better than Snyder. As I understand it this movie has been reworked as much as possible since his departure.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think this looks horrible.
I hope the base is at least better, but surface wise there is still so much wrong with that trailer. (And those things might just be the trailer) I am not very hopeful.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shiftygism

Despite hating Man of Steel and BvS's shitty portrayal of Superman, the opening of the trailer hooked me....then just as quickly lost me as it turned into a video game.

If you told me ten years ago I'd be more excited for a third entry in a Thor series than a Justice League film, I'd call you "nuts"....but here we are.

It's a good thing they dropped that today as tomorrow night no one will care.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've more or less ignored everything to do with this movie. That was the first real piece of anything I've seen related too it. I never saw the first superman movie, I only made it about 30 minutes into the BvS movie (past the "let me feed you candy" I think Lex Luther scene and not much past that), I did not see Wonder woman, though think I'd like it if I did. On the other hand, I did see the Suicide Squad and thought it was a terrible mess, but enjoyed watching it despite that.

To me, all I want out of DC is for them to lean heavily on the stuff I don't get much from Marvel. Magic, Cosmic struggle, larger then life heroes and villains. Like, I enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy just fine, but I don't need more of that. Give me Guardians of the Galaxy, Give me Doctor Strange, give me what this new Thor movie looks like its going to be...give me what this trailer sells me on this movie being.

So yah, now I wanna go see it. I wanna see Cyborg kick butt, I wanna see the flash crack-wise and be a bad-ass. I wanna see Wonder woman kick ass and batman do batman stuff. And yes, I want superman to come back and save the day purely because he is superman and should do that. I want to see parademons and dudes in power-armor coming out of boom-tubes attacking cities. And..it looks like I'm gonna get that.

One of the reasons I was able to sit through the entire Suicide Squad movie, despite recognizing it was a terrible movie. Magic! The villian's were magic, one of the hero's was a straight up fire-demon possessed bad-ass, transformation sequence. It was goofy and silly but it was COMICS! Or so my mind said.

My biggest fear with Marvel for years was that when the time finally came for them to tap into the mystical side of their source material we would get wishy-washy "well all tech seems like magic if your advanced enough". As it was coming off of the dark knight trilogy at the start and the idea that they would trust an audience to accept straight up magic I just did not see.

DC however came out of the gate with their stuff and, at least the first movie I actually watched seemed to embrace it whole-heartly. Helped that we were entering the phase in Marvel where they were willing to expand into their fantastical side, both sci-fi with Guardians and magic with Doctor Strange. But man..

I don't think the movie will do nearly the numbers it needs not to be considered a flop but IMO that's fine. Marvel can stick with its 'all our films are connected' premise. DC would do themselves a big favor if they let people just tell stories with their characters. We, the public, are already accustom too multiple different actors playing their most popular hero and villain (batman & the joker) in totally different universes and backgrounds/stories. By all means, have a JL story-line. But by all means give me a movie that's a single directors vision of the Killing Joke, and actually kill off the Joker at the end of it. Give me a gritty crime drama of the jokers origin that is totally noir and not Leto's take on the character.

To me, DC letting people tell the stories they want too with their characters and not trying to copy marvel will produce a lot more Wonder Woman movies, and a lot less Suicide Squad movies, which can only be a good thing. And that's coming from someone who enjoyed the latter and havn't seen the former.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Looks good. I am cautiously optimistic about this film.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to it, though I am a little worried about Whedon's contributions (I really, really dislike Avengers: Age of Ultron). I'm also the weird guy really looking forward to the Aquaman movie too, the Aquaman comics have been one of the most consistently good DC comics for years now.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the exception of some Batman scenes I hated BvS. These trailers look alright, but so did the trailers for BvS. So I remain hesitant. but hope it turns out alright.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ezra Miller continues to be the Flash I knew he'd be, and that I wanted. Barry Allen but with Wally West personality mixed in. I'm completely fine with the CG style. I'm going to see this movie regardless so I hope it works out but I am keeping my expectations in check. No matter what, I'll probably have fun with it just because it's a live action Justice League movie, even if bad.

I'll also keep saying this, I love the slow ironic turn of Aquaman in anything he's involved in, from hero everyone finds useless and boring, into one of the most badass dudes. Justice League Animated he was a rogue not to be messed with. Both Injustice games, he was top tier character. Now this movie. Love it.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still looks pretty dumb.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mezza said:

He was involved for most of the film, but then decided to drop out to recover with his family after his daughter committed suicide. Joss Whedon took over for the rest of the film at that point, including reshoots.

@falconer said:

I hopeful that Whedon's involvement will at least make this film watchable. Yes, yes, I realize that Avengers 2 was kinda bleh. But he's still way better than Snyder. As I understand it this movie has been reworked as much as possible since his departure.

I hope it's better than Whedon's Wonder Woman script...

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I was not excited for this movie because Snyder is a terrible director. This trailer got me somewhat excited. If this movie is legitimately good, then we could have some good competition between Marvel and DC in terms of movies.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xanadu

Is there a reason Snyder has to be involved with almost every DC movie? His track record hasn't been the greatest so why is he the only one getting do this shit?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want this to be good because I've got so much love for DC, but the overabundance of CG still rubs me the wrong way and a lot of the CG still looks jarring in a real bad way. I want ti to be good so, so much, but we'll have to wait and see.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack and Jill was much better than batman vs superman.

Joss whedon is involved in this? Didn't know that at all, maybe it will actually have decent pacing and dialog. The trailer looked alright but it gave me BvS flashbacks with the slow paced over dramatized intro and then sudden off the wall action thing out of no where. Even with whedon at the helm i'm worried about shoehorning all these characters together, at least avengers each character had either a full movie or small parts in other ones.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Looking forward to it. I love that Marvel and DC movies have completely different styles. The ridiculous power levels and huge fights and heavy tones give me something different than the MCU's variety.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC has yet to make a good movie and the terrible combination of Snyder direction and Whedon touch up writing makes me believe that trend will continue. Also I'd really like it if people stopped pretending to think Jason Momoa is a good actor.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the fence but not nearly as much as I was with BvS. I'm liking the Flash and am slowing growing on Cyborg.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ungodly

Maybe I would be more interested in this movie, if they would stop using the terrible cover songs. I mean, I thought they couldn't do worse than that awful Come Together metal nightmare, but low and behold they got someone to brutalize Heroes.

Other than that the movie itself looks like a slog. I'm going to go see it with my friends, because that's what we do, but I am in no way looking forward to it. I'm trying not to have too many negative feelings on it, but with each new trailer I'm left with more dread.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By aktivity

DC has yet to make a good movie and the terrible combination of Snyder direction and Whedon touch up writing makes me believe that trend will continue. Also I'd really like it if people stopped pretending to think Jason Momoa is a good actor.

Whoa, lets not say things we can't take back. Ronon Dex deserves better than that.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a superhero film.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I loved Batman vs Superman so I'm in the minority but I'm waiting for this movie like the coming of Christ.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Just based on this trailer, I'm of the opinion this has the potential to be one of the ugliest movies ever made. Like the Transformers movies, this is CGI so good it's actually absolutely terrible, and the fact that it seems like almost every scene is composed of that it just leads me to picturing these actors on wires or standing around in empty warehouses trying to take themselves seriously (or, increasingly, not). I am not some big hater of CGI, either, but all of the fight scenes in Batman vs. Superman just had a horribly ugly look to them and this movie appears to be quadrupling down on that look.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CheapPoison

I still think this looks terrible. I bet this will just be filled with terrible washed out, incomprehensible action scenes. With people just darting around, and have very little emotional impact cause they they probably still miss on the characters and they arejust fighting a horde of faceless monsters that are just there to stomp. I want this to be good, but this only looks slightly better than that Pacific Rim thing.

This whole tone is still terrible, just doens't fit.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks this movies is going to be bad. But I think the trailer looks alright. It's not changing my desire to want to watch the movie, however. Given the previous DC track record, a nice looking trailer won't fool me again (looking at you Suicide Squad).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie has the potential to be a by-the-numbers, one-of-those Marvel movie.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pyrodactyl

Nan son, this looks like all the other JL trailers but with CGI that's more finished. None of the action beats looked exiting and I don't give a crap about these characters (except maybe WW). The aliens/demons as well as most of the backgrounds look terrible. Like BvS, this looks like a dreary mess. I liked Wonder Woman but no way I'm seeing this one.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It still doesn't look interesting. Hopefully they have worked out how to make it fun? The trailer doesn't instill a lot of confidence but, at this point, perhaps downplaying expectations is their best move to avoid another BvS wet-fart-of-disappointment verdict.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Shaanyboi

I'm one of those people that is fascinated by Man of Steel and Batman v Superman on a conceptual level, love some of the territory they wanted to tackle, but can easily say that they're frustrating, depressing, nauseating disappointments. I can see good intentions behind them, but christ, they're bad. Not trashfires the way Fant4stic or Catwoman are, and there are still good ideas in there. But jeez....

Any anticipation I have for this is hindered by a voice in the back of my head stating that I may want to have afew drinks before heading into the theater.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not that interested even though I've liked every DCEU movie besides Suicide Squad. I still don't get why people hated BvS and especially Man of Steel. Suicide Squad had a few good moments, but it was generic and uninspired, but I'd say that about some Marvel stuff like Thor 2, which isn't nearly as disliked by people. Justice League looks cheap, while WW, BvS, and MoS looked very expensive, more expensive looking than Marvel movies, but JL looks too green screen. I still think having Cyborg is pretty lame, it should be Manhunter or a Green Lantern (Stewart) instead. Making Aquaman a "funny" brute rocker seems questionable. Seems like he's being played more like Lobo than Aquaman. I might go see it, but this is the least interested I've been in one of their movies. This definitely has the worst trailers of their movies with the lame/generic rock music and trying to go for humor.

Ramuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, DC can do good trailers and poor movies. I remember the cool trailer had a suicide squad ... By the way, Harley is still thinking about me :-), but that was the only interesting character in this dramatic film. The previous Superman Dawn of Justice was so good to watch.

ImGrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ImGrifter

I'm so ready for this movie, so many theories swirling through my head ?