Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@dynablade: Last year's crowd was just as good. Putting RAW in a huge dome will make the crowd sound about as good as it is will be at Mania (really shitty).

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Just 100%ed Guacamelee! Really fun game throughout.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bennym6 said:

@dynablade: Last year's crowd was just as good. Putting RAW in a huge dome will make the crowd sound about as good as it is will be at Mania (really shitty).

The dome should be fine, open air is where they get into trouble. The crowd was loud and chanting basically the whole time at Wrestlemania but the open air stadium deadens that.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bennym6 said:

The dome should be fine, open air is where they get into trouble. The crowd was loud and chanting basically the whole time at Wrestlemania but the open air stadium deadens that.

But I think that Post-Mania Raw has just became "Smarks Night Out" over the past few years. Opening it up further lets the casuals in, thus bringing the crowd down a bit. At least that's how I see it.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I know it's a day early, but I am actually really looking forward to RAW tomorrow. It's amazing how much one episode of TV can change your interest levels. But the lack of part-timers last week made the show feel a whole lot fresher. I mean, Jericho/Fandango/Ziggler in the closing segment of Smackdown makes me so happy. Interested to see where the WWE title picture goes as well, although I'm not sure how I feel about Ryback/Cena. If that's the case.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11706  Edited By bennym6

@turboman: It won't be near as good. Only a fraction of that huge crowd will chant. Why would they try tamper with a good thing.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: I'm saying it now. Ryback vs. John Cena is the Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan of our time...

or at least I'm sure that's what WWE is pushing for/should be pushing for.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ugh, a Cena/Ryback feud is something I could not be any less interested in. I'm not sure they would have any chance of having a 'good' match.

DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: He posted a Photo on twitter it look painfull.

Im gonna be honest Im not intrested in Ryback vs Cena, at all, it might be cool but I've never been a fan of Big Guys feuds, I blame this tonally on Bret and Shawn for making me like the "small" guys but yeah not looking forward to that, on the other hand Ziggler is all I need for the time being.

On other things Tanahashi vs. Okada is a great match, they have good chemistry but I do agree with Turbo that Tanahashi/Suzuki was a better match, but thats saying Taker vs Shawn 97 is better than Jericho vs Shawn in Mania 19 it all comes down to personal preferences.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I trust Cena enough his skill of having big dumb stipulation filled matches, so depending on the Ryback/Cena stipulation I think it could be fine. I also think Henry will be included and they will hold off on Ryback/Cena 1 on 1. How about Ryback/Henry/Cena in a cage match?

Note: I really liked the Orton/Cena Iron Man match if you want a scale of just how dumb I can tolerate a match being.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#11712  Edited By MildMolasses

@joshthebear said:

Ugh, a Cena/Ryback feud is something I could not be any less interested in. I'm not sure they would have any chance of having a 'good' match.

I would point to Cena/Umaga. Sometimes Cena can pull off miracles

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Extreme Rules 2013 Main Event (according to WrestlingObserver.com)

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H in a Steel Cage Match.

Do not want.

Elikazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11714  Edited By Elikazam
dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11715  Edited By dazzhardy

Guys, I'm watching Smackdown, and Biggie needs to do his best Ricardo impression EVERY TIME Dolph comes to the ring.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11716  Edited By cmblasko

@drx25: GREAT use of Brock; stick him in feuds which elevate nobody and harm his long-term drawing power.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@cmblasko said:

@drx25: GREAT use of Brock; stick him in feuds which elevate nobody and harm his long-term drawing power.

Jesus Christ seriously... what is the point? I get the feeling they feel like they need to use Brock since they paid him all of that money but have no real good ideas of what to do with him.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Ass Cape is Dead. LONG LIVE THE ASS CHAMPIONSHIP!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11719  Edited By turboman

all though I enjoyed the Cena/Lesnar match, the wrong guy won.

Lesnar/HHH makes sense on the surface, and would have been perfect if the whole feud ended at Summerslam, but there's no need for two more matches. I think they might have missed their chance to have their real money match for Lesnar vs. Taker at WM (Punk/Taker was excellent, so no complaints here). Lesnar will have to put one of the younger guys over at some point, I'm sure, but I don't exactly know who it could be. Ryback? Cesaro?

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11720  Edited By Muerthoz

I didn't know John Morrison had workout videos.

Loading Video...

Seeing that video made me think of his backstage parkour video.

Loading Video...

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Brock Lesnar continues his Scott Steiner tribute at Extreme Rules

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thoughts on Raw:

Hogshead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Man, there ain't no comedown like the 2nd RAW after Wrestlemania.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11726  Edited By Milkman

Compared the state of pure joy that last week's Raw left me, this week's left me in an equal state of confusion, anger and sadness. I'm not even sure what to say about it. None of it made any sense, none of it was entertaining and none of it at all capitalized on what was so amazing about last week. Besides Ryback's shockingly sensible promo and the brief seconds of Mark Henry doing what he does, everything was just the worst.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11727  Edited By turboman

What happened on Raw:

• Wade Barrett lost to R-Truth
  • Antonio Cesaro lost his belt to Kofi Kingston
  • Lawler and a really forced package made Fandango uncool
  • Ziggler lost on his first Raw after one of the loudest moments in WWE history
  • We lost CM Punk

I mean, who thought any of this would be good?

I admit, Punk deserves his break after his title reign where he gave it his all in every PPV match. But the problem is that WWE never really provided a safety net for themselves once Punk left. After tonight, Ziggler continues to remain a joke kayfabe-wise, Daniel Bryan is still handcuffed to Kane, and Cesaro and Barrett both look like chumps.

If there's anything good to come out of Raw, it would be that The Shield still looks dominant and Rhodes Scholars might take off again. I like the idea of a Ryback/Cena feud, but if they think Ryback as a heel is going to replace Punk as a heel, then they are just plain dumb.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this weeks RAW sucked, well back to not recording Raw again.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are my thoughts on Raw

[Makes an infinite fart noise]

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was definitely surprised by how cogent Ryback was. That storyline was put together pretty well considering that the WWE doesn't usually think so long-term. Ziggler, Barrett, and Caesaro all seem to be getting ripped from the spotlight. I hope it is meant to make the storylines more interesting, but I am worried that Caesaro will be thrown aside.

I don't know what to think of the IC Battle Royale. It could be interesting, but it may just be fodder for Barrett. If nothing else can excite you about RAW, the six-man tag match for next week looks pretty good.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11731  Edited By cmblasko

@jewunit: Agree about Ryback, he did a good job and his motivation makes sense.

I'm cool with Cesaro dropping the US title. I see that more as an opportunity for him to move on to bigger things than a setback. On the other hand, regarding Barrett, I HATE when champions lose non-title singles matches. Champions just really shouldn't even have non-title singles matches... just a pet peeve of mine.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This was the most insufferable RAW in months, that's saying something.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11733  Edited By williamhenry

@joshthebear:

the wwe need give regal the mark henry treatment give him one final big push very few are as good as him

They tried that a few years back and he failed a drug test. Pretty much ended his career.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11734  Edited By jewunit

@turboman said:

I beat the final boss on normal, but never bothered with the orbs. Is it worth going back to get the orbs? The bit in the Tule Tree is pretty rough.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jewunit said:

@turboman said:

I beat the final boss on normal, but never bothered with the orbs. Is it worth going back to get the orbs? The bit in the Tule Tree is pretty rough.

Tule Tree is as hard as the game gets. There's nothing major that happens if you don't go for 100%, but it was just satisfying to backtrack and get all the treasure and orbs.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cena and Orton are super great friends, guys.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: That second video is so good. John Cena literally EXPLODES, fade to black....YOUR TIME IS UP MY TIME IS NOW

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11738  Edited By Roomrunner

Instead of making my triumphant return to RAW IS CHAT. I drove to Philly and saw Deerhoof play songs.

It was pretty amazing. BUT- did I make the right decision?

edit: yes i did

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, that Raw. :(

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11742  Edited By bennym6

I'd be happy with Cesaro losing the belt if it seemed like Vince had any interest in pushing him beyond the mid-card but it doesn't seem that way. The Swagger/Ziggler/ADR stuff was booked horribly. I don't know what's going on with Punk so if he's taking a break my interest in Raw goes WAY down. Nothing about this RAW made me care. Well, back to watching season 1 of Pokémon.

DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to try and break down my thoughts on this weeks RAW into positives and negatives. I'm trying to be objective about this and accept that this week was never going to match last weeks episode.

Positives

• The Shield beat down John Cena.
  • Having Ryback nonchalantly walk away as Cena got his ass kicked was pretty cool to see. Guy may get some heat.
  • Lesnar decimated 3MB and has pyro back for his standard entrance.
  • Ryback's reasoning for turning on Cena was actually done pretty well.
  • The Ziggler/ADR/Swagger triple threat could help Ziggler look credible if he goes over cleanly.
  • The Miz wasn't on the show.
  • Paul Heyman was once again gold throughout the entire Punk 'promo'. Quietly assuring him he is still 'The Best in the World' - it was brilliant.

Negatives

• Dolph Ziggler was pinned cleanly YET again.
  • The whole WHC title picture is a complete clusterfuck.
  • Triple H/Lesnar serves very little purpose bar having Lesnar go over.
  • Fandango was ruined. Okay, not ruined. But it was a cringe-worthy segment none the same.
  • Wade Barrett not only got pinned clean; but by a nobody who hasn't seen TV time in months.
  • Cesaro loses the belt and is now pretty much on one hell of a losing streak.
  • The guy he loses it to has lost more than Cesaro himself as of late.
  • CM PUNK IS GONE.
  • Chris Jericho wasn't on the show.
  • Prime Time Players continue to be squashed every single week they appear on television.
  • John Cena/Ryback ending promo was so bland and you could tell nobody was interested.
  • Ryback's earlier promo was pre-recorded. Obviously don't trust the guys live mic skills.
  • The Shield's direction lacks any continuity. First they go to attack Undertaker, Team Hell No make the save. Then they go to attack HHH, Hell No make the save. Then they ignore Team Hell No and Hell No go back to squashing tag teams, and instead attack Cena just to help the Cena/Ryback feud. Then next week they go back to Team Hell No and Undertaker and you just know the Cena attack will have no point. I'm being moany, but it pisses me off that the Shield are just thrown about with little thought.
  • Randy Orton/Sheamus bromance is fucking insufferable. I couldn't detest the tag match for Smackdown anymore.
  • I don't mind Smart Mark, but a feud between him and Sheamus couldn't be any more depressing.
  • The Great Khali.
  • Rhodes Scholars have been thrown back together. This is bad, as they obviously have NO idea what to do with them.

Nice, long negative column there.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11744  Edited By MildMolasses

It's great that all 4 of the singles champions that wrestled last night got pinned. It really adds value to holding belt

Fandango had a good thing while it lasted

I will always enjoy watching Lesnar fuck shit up

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Fandango is going to burn out quick. The fact that his music got over and not him is going to adversely affect his career. Its even worse that the WWE couldn't help but acknowledge that it was a "thing" as well.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This week on Backstage Fallout, the Primetime Players find themselves in trouble with IRS

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, that site is insane. They're actually using the fact that people got annoyed with them on twitter and blocked their account as evidence that... I don't know, they're too real?

Mission: To provide fair and balanced yet brutally honest opinions backed with logic and facts. And to put the success of the business as the number one goal and how that is best achieved, rather than just pandering to "smark darlings" and burying non smark darlings like most Internet fans and sites.

Jesus Christ! Most of their articles are about Kelly Kelly. Why does that thing exist? It's a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke

zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses: I can't imagine it's anything besides somebody being a giant troll.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My god was Raw ever bad this week. Worst thing about the show was by far the Fandangoo stuff. I was never on board but now I never will be after that. Talk about forced and just not entertaining. I'm sorry but Fandangoo fucking sucks. Cesaro loses his title to Kingston? I loved how after the match Kingston says something about the US title finally coming back to the US and the crowd is dead. Damn you WWE. Hopefully this leads to bigger and better thing for Cesaro. Fuck R Truth. Basically sums up why I hated Raw.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checking in to remind everyone that Raw last night was a rancid fucking asshole of suck. I'm still reeling from it. I've never seen a show do so much wrong in a such a little amount of time. It's hard to believe that any of it actually happened.