MP3 Player Decisions...

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PhilESkyline

Here's the deal. I need a new MP3 player. My old one was a Creative zen v plus 4 gigs. I had it for about 2 years no major issues.

I enjoyed it mainly because I could just drag and drop music on the device with ease. It was like a jump drive only for music.

Now I'm looking for more space and pretty much the same idea of drag and drop.

I really don't want to be dependent upon software like iTunes or whatever program the Zune uses.

However, I want the best my money can buy and to think about the future of the device. I'm not really into buying a new player every year. Storage space is also an issue.

Here are my top 3 choices:

Ipod 16 gig touch 2nd Generation

Price $299.99

iPod Touch 16 Gig 2G
iPod Touch 16 Gig 2G

Creative Zen 16 gig

Price $129.99

Creative Zen 16 Gig
Creative Zen 16 Gig

Creative Zen Vision M 30 gig (refurbished)

Price $99.99

Creative Zen Vision M
Creative Zen Vision M

The iPod has some great features other than music playback but I don't like the need to be connected to iTunes in order to add music. The online web surfing, youtube, downloading of apps and the eye candy the device has is so nice...

Creative Zen 16 gig is nice since it's small I can drop and drag music but the lack of Creative support in terms of the SD card worries me.

Creative Vision M is nice because it's 30 gigs, drop and drag, and only cost $99 bucks. My own beef is that it's refurbished and Creative only has a 90 day warranty with no extension. It's also as is so if it comes scratched up...oh well.

This will be used mainly for music but video might be nice as well is web surfing which Ipod only offers.

Any advice, or feedback would be much appreciated as many of your already own or have owned these products.

Thanks in advance...
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

My best advice would be...anything besides the iPod Touch. I think the Touch is a great piece of hardware, but I just can't justify the price tag for how much memory you're actually getting.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PhilESkyline

Good idea Kush. I think the memory space is over looked because you can do everything the iPhone can do just not make calls. I'm still on the fence with this one...

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I'd say go for an iPhone if you can , otherwise iPod is the best choice

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhilESkyline
daniel_beck_90 said:
"I'd say go for an iPhone if you can , otherwise iPod is the best choice"
I already have a cellphone that I'm pleased with. I just need a good mp3 player. Do you own a mp3 player if so which one?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

I've currently got a Zen Vision: M. It's around 3 years old, and I had a case that actually ruined the screen far worse than just leaving it in the protective bag it came with ever would have. I don't use it for videos anymore anyway; battery life with the equalizer and bass boost is around 10 hours at higher volumes with the screen off as much as possible. Sound quality is very good- iPods put out shit sound compared to Creatives. Would I recommend it refurb'ed? I dunno. Mine still works perfectly after being abused way more than any electronic device should.

I would imagine that the Zen 16 gig would be very much the same in terms of software as the Vision M, and it's remarkably easy to transfer and organize with Creative players (even if the firmware is slightly lackluster).

In terms of the iPod Touch, I would not recommend it for the price.

If you do get the Creative, be warned. The FM Radio feature on the Vision M is only available with the special earbuds that Creative gives you with them (which may not come with a refurb, I don't know). Don't think that matters to you though.