gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By gearhead
SCHOOL
So school is a bitch, well, the next few weeks are and going to be. My Midterms start next Thursday, and I get a break for the long weekend, and I get to start them again on Monday, and finish them on Tuesday. So only four days, which does not sound bad, but on my first day, I have exams' for my two hardest classes, French and History. Both are AP courses, and though I hold a B+ in each class, I worry about the exams for them, seeing as though the tests are usually quite hard, and I dear not think of what the largest test of the year is going to be like. Been loaded with homework, and have a History Project Due Thursday. Though I probably will have a snow day tomorrow, I already have it near completed. I guess that's one good thing.

Prince of Persia is Pretty
Played about two hours of Prince of Persia over the weekend, and holy Santa shit, that game is beautiful. I mean really, good looking! The combat is also really fun, and don't see how some publications did not like it. The 'parkour' type running on walls is still a blast, and the frustration is taken out of the game because of Eleka. Seriously, this game is hard, seeing the amount of time that I die, but Eleka always saves me. Without her, I think I would have broken another controller.

Chrono Trigger is Good
So after hearing so many good things about Chrono Trigger from many people, I decided that since it came out on the DS, I would give it a shot. Wow, this games story is suprisingly good, and has quite a bit of twists and turns. The gameplay is also very goods, and stands the tests of time. Also, its on a handheld. I sometimes hate playing a console RPG because I have to sit down on my couch, and I can not put the game to sleep when I want to play another game. WIth my DS, I can just turn it to sleep, and get of the bus. Awesome.

I Got 1600 Microsoft Points
And I don't know what I am going to spend them on. I was going to get Braid, but had the ending spoiled for me, so I see not point in getting that at fifteen dollars, and am pondering N+. I will try to wait for the Burnout Packs to come out, but probably will buy something out of no where, so I can play a game with a friend. I let you know what happens. But give me some reccomendations of games I should get in the comment. : )

Casltevania Order of Ecclasia is a Bitch
Wow, this game is good, so good that it rivials Symphony of the Night, with the return of two hand combat. Go out and get this game, though be prepared, this game is extremly hard!

Working Out Ugh
So my New Years Resolution is to lose twenty pounds. I am not fat by any means, but losing a couple of pounds does a man good. I always have eaten well, with salads, vegatables, water/crystal light, and laying off the sweets and cola, but working out had never been my thing. So far I have told myself I will try to run three miles five times a week. With my school schedule, I have gotten one day so far. Wish me luck

Now I must go, dinner time! :D
-Dan
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By gearhead
SCHOOL
So school is a bitch, well, the next few weeks are and going to be. My Midterms start next Thursday, and I get a break for the long weekend, and I get to start them again on Monday, and finish them on Tuesday. So only four days, which does not sound bad, but on my first day, I have exams' for my two hardest classes, French and History. Both are AP courses, and though I hold a B+ in each class, I worry about the exams for them, seeing as though the tests are usually quite hard, and I dear not think of what the largest test of the year is going to be like. Been loaded with homework, and have a History Project Due Thursday. Though I probably will have a snow day tomorrow, I already have it near completed. I guess that's one good thing.

Prince of Persia is Pretty
Played about two hours of Prince of Persia over the weekend, and holy Santa shit, that game is beautiful. I mean really, good looking! The combat is also really fun, and don't see how some publications did not like it. The 'parkour' type running on walls is still a blast, and the frustration is taken out of the game because of Eleka. Seriously, this game is hard, seeing the amount of time that I die, but Eleka always saves me. Without her, I think I would have broken another controller.

Chrono Trigger is Good
So after hearing so many good things about Chrono Trigger from many people, I decided that since it came out on the DS, I would give it a shot. Wow, this games story is suprisingly good, and has quite a bit of twists and turns. The gameplay is also very goods, and stands the tests of time. Also, its on a handheld. I sometimes hate playing a console RPG because I have to sit down on my couch, and I can not put the game to sleep when I want to play another game. WIth my DS, I can just turn it to sleep, and get of the bus. Awesome.

I Got 1600 Microsoft Points
And I don't know what I am going to spend them on. I was going to get Braid, but had the ending spoiled for me, so I see not point in getting that at fifteen dollars, and am pondering N+. I will try to wait for the Burnout Packs to come out, but probably will buy something out of no where, so I can play a game with a friend. I let you know what happens. But give me some reccomendations of games I should get in the comment. : )

Casltevania Order of Ecclasia is a Bitch
Wow, this game is good, so good that it rivials Symphony of the Night, with the return of two hand combat. Go out and get this game, though be prepared, this game is extremly hard!

Working Out Ugh
So my New Years Resolution is to lose twenty pounds. I am not fat by any means, but losing a couple of pounds does a man good. I always have eaten well, with salads, vegatables, water/crystal light, and laying off the sweets and cola, but working out had never been my thing. So far I have told myself I will try to run three miles five times a week. With my school schedule, I have gotten one day so far. Wish me luck

Now I must go, dinner time! :D
-Dan
jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jondavis

You know that the game would be the same with or without Eleka, right?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I found Elika taking you back to the last area of solid ground made that game so much more annoying than simply being able to rewind a few seconds exactly to the point of your mistake. Also, her powers where she just like flies around looks so stupid.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JamesF

Get Braid anyway. The rest of the game is worth it.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By time allen

"Chrono Trigger is Good"
OMFG GENIUS ALERT!

Good to see you're enjoying it though. I did.
The new PoP looks pretty decent too. I have the Sands of Time trilogy boxset to keep me occupied until I get the new one, though.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hexpane

did not read +1

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Artie

Braid is a lot of fun to PLAY so you should get it anyway. The ending is cool, but you don't really get it since the game is so pretentious.

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By pill92

I'm also taking up a resolution similar to Danny's. Try beating my work load  at school with a eight page Thesis,Essay, News story for paper and a Feature for paper due thursday.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

LOL SCHOOL.
AP World History (which i'm presuming you have) is a fucking bitch. luckily my school doesn't offer that to sophomores anymore. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Braid is still worth getting. I have had stuff spoiled for me but from a gameplay point, you can still enjoy it.

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xShR3Dx

I fuckin hate school...

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RetroIce4

School can suck my balls, Mr. Garrison. Is the new Castlvania sweet but too hard? I wanna get it but the last DS one was hard for me. I did beat it though.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zitosilva
RetroIce4 said:
"School can suck my balls, Mr. Garrison. Is the new Castlvania sweet but too hard? I wanna get it but the last DS one was hard for me. I did beat it though."
It's a weird kind of hard. The first time you encounter the bosses you'll probably die within seconds. But by the time you are able to beat them you'll probably do so without getting hit, maybe just once or twice. That's what happened to me at least.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By teh_destroyer

That Castlevania game for the DS looks pretty sweet,cheers :).

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By AndyWilliams24

You told me all last year you've worked out for years and your pretty buff? Does this mean you were lying? ;)

I for one actually have, lol, not bragging. But it is pretty hard shit, you can go through phases were you can't be bothered. You will need a lot of drive.

Oh for the record, working out generally puts on weight in form of muscle. :P

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By time allen

"I for one actually have, lol, not bragging."
OK first things first. Whenever someone uses "not bragging" in a sentence (about themselves) then it usually is a big brag. :P
And second, you only gain weight from exercise if you have eaten food high in calories/protein beforehand, which will be burnt off rather than your existing muscle/fat.
AND THAT'S THE END OF THAT CHAPTER