• 151 results
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Milkman

The Clippers are on the verge of one of the most incredible comebacks I've ever seen.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Milkman

Clippers just ended the game on 28 to 3 run and win by one after being down 27. Wow.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By BoG

Wow, I can't believe what I just witnessed. That was the comeback of all comebacks. I'm still rooting for Memphis, but dang, it's tough to recover psychologically from something like that.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Considering my brother's a Grizzlies fan, I might have to avoid him until Game 2. I should also avoid wearing red and making shots in basketball in fear of him thinking I'm a Clippers player and I die.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By SlightConfuse

that clippers run was magical

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By frankfartmouth

@DystopiaX said:

@frankfartmouth said:

I pick the Heat to win it all. And I hope they do. I didn't get caught up in the whole Heat as Villains thing. If I lived in Miami, maybe, but I don't, so his tactlessness in announcing his departure didn't really mean shit to me. I love watching Lebron play. Who else leads their team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals for the entire year? Twice? Purely sick. I'd love to see him top it off with some hardware.

With Rose out, the path to the Finals should be clear for them. I don't see OKC taking them down. Durant is clutch, as he showed last night against Dallas, but I don't think they can do it across 7 against the Heat. The Spurs are the biggest surprise to me, not just in their record, but in how they're doing it. They have a lot of explosive, young depth that can take pressure off the vets. Parker has been phenomenal. They'd be my second choice.

It's not just the move for me. I'm a Chicago fan so there's a rivalry there but it's also cause I like to root for the underdogs, and ever since the big three joined forces they play the favorites role really well. I also dislike LeBron for being one of the most frequent and blatant floppers in the game right now.

They do play the favorite role well, without a doubt. The flopping doesn't bother me too much though. It's part of the game. Lebron just doesn't do it right. A frequent flopper can make it work as part of their persona on the court, a la Reggie Miller or Karl Malone. They both did it in a "Yeah, I just flopped, and you fell for it, so you're stupid" kind of way, which ironically seemed to make it into an almost respectable part of their games. When Lebron does it, it just comes across as weird and insincere, like he wants everyone watching to actually believe it

NAKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NAKent

As a OKC fan, watching two straight playoff series against the Mavs is extremely nerve racking. Dirk is so annoying against OKC, he picks any quarter he wants to turn it on, and if its the first, he'll get 40 and we're fucked. I really hate playing Dallas. My only wish if we drop this series is that Ibaka, Durant, Russell, and Harden go to Hakeem Olajuwon's house and get post up games. Hell, I hope that happens regardless.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By DystopiaX

@frankfartmouth said:

@DystopiaX said:

@frankfartmouth said:

I pick the Heat to win it all. And I hope they do. I didn't get caught up in the whole Heat as Villains thing. If I lived in Miami, maybe, but I don't, so his tactlessness in announcing his departure didn't really mean shit to me. I love watching Lebron play. Who else leads their team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals for the entire year? Twice? Purely sick. I'd love to see him top it off with some hardware.

With Rose out, the path to the Finals should be clear for them. I don't see OKC taking them down. Durant is clutch, as he showed last night against Dallas, but I don't think they can do it across 7 against the Heat. The Spurs are the biggest surprise to me, not just in their record, but in how they're doing it. They have a lot of explosive, young depth that can take pressure off the vets. Parker has been phenomenal. They'd be my second choice.

It's not just the move for me. I'm a Chicago fan so there's a rivalry there but it's also cause I like to root for the underdogs, and ever since the big three joined forces they play the favorites role really well. I also dislike LeBron for being one of the most frequent and blatant floppers in the game right now.

They do play the favorite role well, without a doubt. The flopping doesn't bother me too much though. It's part of the game. Lebron just doesn't do it right. A frequent flopper can make it work as part of their persona on the court, a la Reggie Miller or Karl Malone. They both did it in a "Yeah, I just flopped, and you fell for it, so you're stupid" kind of way, which ironically seemed to make it into an almost respectable part of their games. When Lebron does it, it just comes across as weird and insincere, like he wants everyone watching to actually believe it

I'd rather the league made blatant flopping a technical, that shit shouldn't be part of the game. Faking fouls shouldn't be part of the game. Playing hard, playing respectably, playing legitimately should be what's endorsed by the league. As it is, a lot of wins now are blemished by gifs or youtube vids of blatant flops and that's not how it should be.

@SeverePapercut: Yeah, watching OKC guard Dirk so tight in the 4th only for him to do his patented one foot fadeaway and hit it for 13 straight points was insane. I was (am) pulling for OKC so hard in that series, they're really likable and (IMO) deserve to win a championship at some point. That and the fact that I think them and SA are the 2 teams with the best chance against the Heat.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't pay much attention other than what's on Sportscenter but go Knicks, eff Lebron

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#60  Edited By JasonR86

@TheVeteran13 said:

I don't pay much attention other than what's on Sportscenter but go Knicks, eff Lebron

Oh my God what a pussy ass son of a bitch.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By frankfartmouth

@DystopiaX said:

I'd rather the league made blatant flopping a technical, that shit shouldn't be part of the game. Faking fouls shouldn't be part of the game. Playing hard, playing respectably, playing legitimately should be what's endorsed by the league. As it is, a lot of wins now are blemished by gifs or youtube vids of blatant flops and that's not how it should be.

I certainly see your point. It's just that there's no way the league could establish enforcible guidelines that define what flopping is. It's one of those things where they kind of have to err on the side of caution. So it opens an expoitable loophole of sorts, and there's always going to be people who will take advantage of that, kind of like players faking injuries in football to get a free timeout I'm just saying that if you're going to do it, at least be kind of upfront about it and don't take it too far. It's in the hands of the player in how they handle it. It does make me roll my eyes when Lebron does it, especially the other night. That was silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@JasonR86 To be fair, getting a surprise hit in the back from Tyson Chandler is probably like being hit by a truck.
iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

I'm a huge Miami Heat fan and have been for years, but even I got to admit that Lebron was doing tons of flopping Saturday. What I came here to mention though is wow what a comeback by the Clippers. They definitely stole that game and in my mind probably just took the series. The Grizzlies aren't that great of a 3pt shooting team and they shot amazing last night from behind the arc and still lost. Factor that it with the fact the CP3 and Blake Griffin aren't likely to struggle like they did last night leads me to think that the Clips will take this one in 6 games. Although, losing Caron Butler for the rest of the playoffs is a huge blow.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By sins_of_mosin

The heat game was just stupid.  The announcers couldn't say enough good things about the flop artist and the refs shouldn't be allowed to work another game till next year and going thru training again.  SI better do some pics of cheerleaders.  Past couple years they have really cut back on that.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thatpinguino

@iBePeRFeCT: Griffin will likely struggle in this series. Th Grizzlies have some of the stoutest post defense in the league and they really clog the lane so there won't be many open dunks. The problem is he has one post move, a spin move into a layup or jump hook, and as soon as he does it he is beaten to his spot and double teamed. However, CP3 is so good that the Clips still have a chance, as last night showed.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DoctorWelch

This is my last week at school and I don't have cable so I'm missing out on the first round :(

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

Yeah, the Grizzlies do have a really tough defense especially with Tony Allen and Marc Gasol leading the way, but I do Blake Griffin can be a little bit more effective than he was last night even though he still scored 17 points. On another note, I really hate the Rose injury. I was hoping he would be full strength if the Heat were to play them in the Eastern Conference finals. I prefer we play the best at their full strength so there wouldn't be any excuses if the Heat were to win the championship this year. With Howard and Rose being out there are two different teams in the East that are missing their superstars.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Cake

Howard, Rose, Horford, Shumpert (not a superstar clearly, but still important to the Knicks), Billups, Ginobili and Zach Randolph earlier this year, Aldridge, just to name a few... This season has been insane with the amount of serious/season ending injuries.

And about the Grizz/Clippers, wow man, did not see that coming... Hopefully Memphis gets their act together and this game doesn't cost them the series.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DystopiaX

@frankfartmouth said:

@DystopiaX said:

I certainly see your point. It's just that there's no way the league could establish enforcible guidelines that define what flopping is. It's one of those things where they kind of have to err on the side of caution. So it opens an expoitable loophole of sorts, and there's always going to be people who will take advantage of that, kind of like players faking injuries in football to get a free timeout I'm just saying that if you're going to do it, at least be kind of upfront about it and don't take it too far. It's in the hands of the player in how they handle it. It does make me roll my eyes when Lebron does it, especially the other night. That was silly.

Well whether one is flopping or not is certainly subjective, but so is a lot of other calls refs have to make in the NBA. If you have to tell the refs to err on the side of caution and only call blatant flops, then that's still better than letting players get away with some of the stuff they do- see that Lebron flop posted on the previous page.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

@Cake: Yeah I totally forgot about Horford. It has been a crazy season with all these superstars getting season ending injuries. I much prefer to see the playoffs where all the teams are at full strength with everyone healthy so the best teams make it to the Finals, but dealing with injuries is part of the game and I guess I shouldn't really be complaining if it ends up helping Miami get a ring this year.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Example1013

Refs in Miami suck. This is nothing new, if anyone watched the playoffs last year.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Cake

And this year's award for "Dumbest Injury" goes to... Amar'e Stoudemire:

Amar'e Stoudemire cut his hand after punching the glass enclosing a fire extinguisher following the Knicks' Game 2 loss to the Heat.

Stoudemire is believed to have needed stitches on the hand to close the cut.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Milkman

I have no comments on the Amare situation except this:
ugggghhhh

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Cake

Terry blew this game with that stupid foul...

Mavs in 7.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BoG

@Cake said:

Terry blew this game with that stupid foul...

Mavs in 7.

It's very likely, though I don't like it. OKC all the way! We small market teams need to stick together.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SlightConfuse

this OKc/DAl series is great. i see OKC stealing one in dallas i predict 6 games

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cake

Wow, Mavs got swept... Can't say I saw that coming.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By MocBucket62
@Cake: Yeah, the Mavs gave OKC all they could handle in the first two games, then they gave up in game 3 and in game 4, they tried harder but couldn't even collect a victory at home to keep the series going. Kind of happy to see OKC advance, but I'm shocked the former defending champs, despite being a 7 seed, couldn't make the series closer. 
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Cake

The officiating in this Bulls/76ers game rivals the first Knicks/Heat game with how bullshit it was...

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By D0tti

Wow the Knicks managed to get a win against the Heat, it "only" took a superhuman performance from Carmelo, but still nice too see that the Heat are beatable. Also, as a big Bulls fan, I really hope that they end up winning their series, despite having too play without D.Rose(and Noah?).

Pobearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Pobearo

The pistons aren't in the playoffs yet again, therefore the playoffs are meaningless.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By thatpinguino

The Knicks have all of the knee injuries in the world!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BoG

Please, Jazz. Just win one.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By yetiantics

@BoG said:

Please, Jazz. Just win one.

Aint gonna happen... (Spurs Fan)

Anyway, on the topic at hand. I'm actually gonna take Spurs and Heat in the Finals, with the Spurs beating OKC in overtime of Game 7 of the WCF.

...that is, if both of these teams can stay healthy. We've seen surefire contenders fall this playoff season due to season ending injuries, and one of them is already on the chopping block... and there's your 8-seed upset for this year.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JayDee

playoffs have been pretty weak so far and i hate all the injuries. but my clipps are up 2-1 so i'm happy. i hope they can win this game 4 tomorrow.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Karl_Boss

If The Heat lose I win.

EXTRASHINY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By EXTRASHINY

Spurs and Heat in the Finals. My guess
Magic fan, I am sad.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Milkman

Today's win by the Knicks will almost certainly end up being meaningless but I'd be lying if I said that didn't feel REAL good. 

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By monster9999

I just feel really bad for George Karl after that loss today he looked like he was going to cry. Really don't want the nuggets to lose the next game and I'm not even a nuggets fan.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Cake

@Milkman said:

Today's win by the Knicks will almost certainly end up being meaningless but I'd be lying if I said that didn't feel REAL good.

Probably, but at least they got to break that crazy Playoffs losing streak.

Also, holy shit Baron Davis... I cringed so bad seeing that injury. Sucks for him and the Knicks, he was finally starting to get back into shape.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BoG

@YetiAntics: Mercy. You can have the series. You know what? The series is already yours. Just lets us have one at home. Ty Corbin needs a playoff victory, and those young players need some confidence.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Milkman said:

Meaningless for the Heat but I think it was an important win for the Knicks moving forward.....its there first playoff win since 2001.

D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#93  Edited By D

I have to say, haven't read any of the comment's so far...but here's my NBA playoff's talk. Im from Denver and me being me, a Huge Nuggets fan! Watching the game last night made me very angry because I hate the fucking Fakers but that's what happens when your a Nuggets fan. Having said that, I would love to see OKC take it in the finals if they make it. Because we all know the Denver Nuggets only have a prayer.

D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#94  Edited By D

Did anyone see that crazy girl run up on the court during the Lakers Nuggets game. From what I heard she was looking for Keyon Martin and the lady was supposedly stalking him. Little does she know he hasn't been a Nugget for a year now and is now on the clippers. Somebody needs some child support.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Cake

@BoG said:

@YetiAntics: Mercy. You can have the series. You know what? The series is already yours. Just lets us have one at home. Ty Corbin needs a playoff victory, and those young players need some confidence.

Well, better luck next year...

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By yetiantics

With my Spurs taking the series, I now root for the Clippers.

No, im not scared Memphis will eliminate us again. Don't be silly........

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#97  Edited By wumbo3000

I haven't looked through the entire thread but... am I the only Lakers fan in here?

*scampers away*

Trevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Trevolution

@wumbo3000: GET OUT! No Laker likers in here! Shooo!

sheetsy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By sheetsy77

So many Lebron haters. There has been some bad calls on both sides, not just on the heat. Anyways I think the West Conference Finals will probably be between OKC and Spurs, if Durant and the Thunder can overcome Lakers. East, I will have to go with Miami and Boston. That series looks like it will be intense (if it happens). But I really wish OKC and Miami make it to the finals, if anybody watched the 2 games in the regular season knows what I'm talking about. I'm just hoping the Heat will take it this year to calm things down and get some stress of Lebron. If he doesn't win it this year, haters going to have a field day.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#100  Edited By Zleunamme

I glad the Spurs won the series and get time to rest. One thing that has been bugging me for a while is the whole asterisk talk happening again. After twelve years there are still basketball pundits wanting to discredit the Spurs first championship. The major media markets can hate on San Antonio all they want. Four championship banners are still hanging in the AT&T Center.