Need quick help with adobe after effects!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By armaan8014

Alright, so me and my friend are planning to make a funny music video for a song that we recorded, and it needs some crazy effects. First of all, I know basic video editing (Sony Vegas) and am quite alright with it, but haven't got around to using after effects yet, so I'm pretty much a baby at it. 
Apart from all the basics that'll help me get started, I need this particular scene. One of us standing indoors, and suddenly a storm comes up (along with the distortion in the chorus), and the roof gets torn and blown away, the walls start crumbling, and basically the whole world getting destroyed around us.
Also, I'd like to show our clothes getting torn apart because of the wind, with different clothes taking their place. 

The effects don't have to be really neat, it doesn't matter if it's kinda shabby, as I need to be able to do this in a week. So anyone knows what I should do? 
Thanks!

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

It's really hard to give AE advice in text, so I'm gonna link you to the BEST AE tutorial site which should include effects you are looking for.

Video CoPilot

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By armaan8014
@sodiumCyclops: Thanks dude, looks good!
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@armaan8014: No problem, I learned most of my skills from them. They are the best :D and it's free!
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By armaan8014
@sodiumCyclops said:
" and it's free! "
yeah I couldn't believe that :) Will get to work immediately now
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By valrog

Looks like sodiumCyclops pretty covered everything.

@sodiumCyclops said:

" @armaan8014: They are the best :D and it's free! "

Tutorials are. Riot Gear, not so much. Legally speaking, of course. But yeah, they're really the best for After Effects. Maybe Digital Tutors could get an honorable mention, but... Yeah.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@valrog said:

" Looks like sodiumCyclops pretty covered everything.

@sodiumCyclops

said:

" @armaan8014: They are the best :D and it's free! "

Tutorials are. Riot Gear, not so much. Legally speaking, of course. But yeah, they're really the best for After Effects. Maybe Digital Tutors could get an honorable mention, but... Yeah. "
Yeah, any of the packages have a cost, but since the new site update they have been having loads of good sales and giveaways.