New airport Security screening rules made me LOL.

• 51 results
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/02/airline.security/index.html?hpt=T1  

Apparently, there are new Security measure at airports. If you meet a certain Criteria for fragmentary information    , which includes race, religion, etc., you may be pulled over for additional screening. Before, everyone was pulled over for Additonal Screening, this dosent appear to be the case anymore.  heres a quote:  

"Race or religion could be part of "fragmentary information" being used to select passengers but will be used "only when we have reliable intelligence that suggests that someone with that characteristic is a potential terrorist," the official said.    "  

from the way I heard it on the news, it appears that you wont be pulled for additional screening if you dont meet these critierias (in other words, if your white, your msot likely a okay)  

All of this really sounds like a nice way of saying were going to start racially profiling people. Anyway, I dont fly alot, so I dont really care, and me and my dad got a good laugh when we heard this on the news today.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Snipzor

At least they're being honest in their blatant racism.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Well im white so this most likely won't affect me

But that's a bitch move...... now the terrorists really have won.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bionicicide

Profiling works more often than not.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Bionicicide said:
" Profiling works more often than not. "
That doesn't exactly make it right. Hell, a lot of terrorists could get through quite easily just by looking white (even if the logic behind this is completely wrong.)
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By metal_mills

My parents recently went on a trip overseas. They said when it came to security checks it was clear they were checking people because of race. They didn't even get a bag check or anything(we're white), everyone else who wasn't white got checked basically.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By skywing

Speaking as an Afghan American I can say this isn't going to change anything about going to the airport.  Still gonna be screened like 5 times.  
Good stuff 
 :( 

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xeiphyer

It sucks to racially profile people, but terrorist suck morec =/

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By meteora
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

i kind of wish there were whites that did terrorist attacks. it will just show that dark colored people aren't always terrorist. pretty much they are going to check anyone that is dark colored. pretty crazy stuff man. what is the world coming to.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47

What if you were a christian, would that single you out? or does the opposite?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By meteora
@iam3green said:

" i kind of wish there were whites that did terrorist attacks. it will just show that dark colored people aren't always terrorist. pretty much they are going to check anyone that is dark colored. pretty crazy stuff man. what is the world coming to. "

For airports I doubt you would see any.

However there's the remains of what's left of the KKK and this particular group.

Just proves that Arabs aren't the only terrorists in the world, you know. Just that we take it more offensively when someone hijacks a plane and smashes it into one of the tallest buildings in the world. =/

Unless of course you're one of those conspiracy theorists.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax
It might be a little racist, but it's good to be safe
kajankua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kajankua

This makes me wonder if a muslim arab will EVER be able to get a job in US airport security 

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffery

Airport security sucks balls.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jrad

I fail to see the issue with this. If this means, on average, less waiting, while still retaining a high level of security, then it's a good move on their part.

Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Atlantus_Air

I say we drop the security completely. Yeah, I'm aware of the dangers but it's more convenient for me. We should have the option to fly a non-secure flight to bypass security if we want.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Once more white people have committed plane-based terrorism I am sure that security checks will even out.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jimbo

Racial profiling at airports in the US, and the conclusion of the first criminal trial without a jury for over 400 years here in the UK.  Shit is getting pretty fucked up.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By raiz265

hey you're a arabic muslim? step aside and drop your pants please. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By oldschool
@Jimbo said:
" Racial profiling at airports in the US, and the conclusion of the first criminal trial without a jury for over 400 years here in the UK.  Shit is getting pretty fucked up. "
Sometimes a trial without a jury can be a good thing.  As long as justice is seen to be done, is it really that big a deal?  It isn't like it will become the norm as there were exceptional circumstances.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jimbo
@oldschool said:
" @Jimbo said:
" Racial profiling at airports in the US, and the conclusion of the first criminal trial without a jury for over 400 years here in the UK.  Shit is getting pretty fucked up. "
Sometimes a trial without a jury can be a good thing.  As long as justice is seen to be done, is it really that big a deal?  It isn't like it will become the norm as there were exceptional circumstances. "
It isn't about justice being seen to be done, it is about justice being done.  You are to be judged by a jury of your peers who have been presented the case - not by the state, the media, or the general population.  If there is alleged jury tampering then the answer is to protect the jury better, not do away with them entirely.  It isn't about the individual case, it is the precedent it sets - maybe next time they'll decide the circumstances don't need to be quite so exceptional to try without a jury, then a little less exceptional, and eventually whenever it's just more expedient to go straight to a judge to guarantee a desirable outcome.  

You either have the Right to a trial by jury of your peers or you don't, it can't just be a Right when it's convenient for the state.  That's a very dangerous road to start going down.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By oldschool
@Jimbo said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Jimbo said:
Sometimes a trial without a jury can be a good thing.  As long as justice is seen to be done, is it really that big a deal?  It isn't like it will become the norm as there were exceptional circumstances. "
It isn't about justice being seen to be done, it is about justice being done.  You are to be judged by a jury of your peers who have been presented the case - not by the state, the media, or the general population.  If there is alleged jury tampering then the answer is to protect the jury better, not do away with them entirely.  It isn't about the individual case, it is the precedent it sets - maybe next time they'll decide the circumstances don't need to be quite so exceptional to try without a jury, then a little less exceptional, and eventually whenever it's just more expedient to go straight to a judge to guarantee a desirable outcome.    You either have the Right to a trial by jury of your peers or you don't, it can't just be a Right when it's convenient for the state.  That's a very dangerous road to start going down. "
I just think more of this is being made than is necessary.  I believe in the principle of being a master of the laws, not its servant.  In that, I mean, you don't take the law literally to the detriment of it, but allow adaptive case by case scenarios to achieve the best outcome, for the community, not just for the accused.  I think you will find that it was a fair trial and that is all that matters.  Not that I am saying deep down that I don't share your concerns.  It is just that I don't see any floodgates opening up in a hurry, or at all.
Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chirag4

That's fucked.

SirSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SirSuperior

That's fucking abhorrent. Good job on laughing and "careing" on that, you don't have to be black to react at blatant racism.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mikevanpwn

@iam3green said: 
" i kind of wish there were whites that did terrorist attacks. it will just show that dark colored people aren't always terrorist. pretty much they are going to check anyone that is dark colored. pretty crazy stuff man. what is the world coming to. "

Wow...

Political Correctness could ultimately be the downfall of America.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho

I can't think of a bigger casualty in politically correct thinking than common sense. Yes, let's ignore visible tangible physical trait patterns in airplane terrorists because of how some twats in Europe might perceive us. Give me a break.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cornman89

No comment on the political or moral implications of said new screening rules.

But the needlessly evasive wording made me giggle.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By emkeighcameron

Empirical data suggests that the majority of terrorist actions directed against the United States of America stems from those of a fairly small selection of racial and religious backgrounds.

SCIENCE DEMANDS IT

Redux626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Redux626

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, Check to make sure it isn't a rooster.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Hm, Might be a good idea for Muslims and such to shave their beards and wear a nice suit when flying, unless they want to spend 2 hours getting frisked all over.
But yeah a little silly tbh.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Whisperkill

Religon might have more to do with it than race, tbh

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Osaladin

Hurray, at least now they won't lie to me with that tired ass line of, "You have been selected for random screening" anymore. I can't figure out if honesty is a good step forward or not, probably not.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Phished0ne
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#36  Edited By ManMadeGod

They should just use common sense. Look at the Christmas bomber: Single male from Nigeria flying a one way trip to the US...... with no bags. Red flags should be going off. Just pull him aside and ask a few questions. Done. 

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EliasT

Oh dude, that sucks, I have to go on a plane today! T_T

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By meteora
@Phished0ne: That's what I meant. If you're going to do it, do it right.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By foggel

Car insurance is more expensive for individuals who just got the driver's license. Sure, it's discrimination, but statistics say that they crash more often. And statistically, individuals with mentioned background, is more likely to take a plane and crash them into a building. I believe that this decision wasn't driven by a racist mentality, but more something towards cynicism. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jinxman
@natetodamax said:
"
It might be a little racist, but it's good to be safe
"
this
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Black_Raven

I don't think we should ignore obvious commonalities among terrorist attacks and crime in general because it might be considered racist, facts are facts and the fact is some middle eastern guy is more likely to be a terrorist. I personaly would be far more affraid of a middle eastern guy acting suspiciosly at an airport than I would a any other race, and I don't put that down to racism.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By keyhunter
That's too bad for Muslims and black people that a large portion of Muslims have to ruin things for everybody by hating Jews and Americans. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, and risking lives over something stupid like being "Racist" is fucking stupid.
Fact of the matter is you don't see many white muslims. There are some I'm sure. But not many.
Also I have never met a regular Muslim that doesn't hate Jews and Americans. Even if they're not terrorists, they're still outspoken about Jews and Americans for no good reason other than they are inbred pinheads.
As a rational hard working civilized non religious white North American with a proper education, and a good paying job: I agree with racial profiling at Airports. 

I see no reason for my life to end because some poor ill taught barbarian thinks he's going to get laid eternally by 7 under aged virgin wives in heaven, and some liberal prick thought it might be racist to check an obvious Muslim's bags for things that should not be there.
Joker_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Joker_777

LOL! no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't see how there is anything wrong with this. Muslims are statistically more likely to try and kill everyone on a plane. If peaceful muslims (who shouldn't really call themselves muslims) don't like it then they should dissociate themselves from the extremists. Anyway, as long as there is tolerance for the Koran then there should be tolerance for killing of non muslims, you can say the same for the Bible. I think it's Deuteronomy 13, it says kill everyone who doesn't follow your god, and make sure nothing ever lives there again.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By 234r2we232

Rest assured, you can trust airport security.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dbz1995
@keyhunter said:
" That's too bad for Muslims and black people that a large portion of Muslims have to ruin things for everybody by hating Jews and Americans. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, and risking lives over something stupid like being "Racist" is fucking stupid.
Fact of the matter is you don't see many white muslims. There are some I'm sure. But not many.
Also I have never met a regular Muslim that doesn't hate Jews and Americans. Even if they're not terrorists, they're still outspoken about Jews and Americans for no good reason other than they are inbred pinheads.
As a rational hard working civilized non religious white North American with a proper education, and a good paying job: I agree with racial profiling at Airports. 

I see no reason for my life to end because some poor ill taught barbarian thinks he's going to get laid eternally by 7 under aged virgin wives in heaven, and some liberal prick thought it might be racist to check an obvious Muslim's bags for things that should not be there.
"
I'm gonna have to agree with this guy here. I'm a brown Muslim, so I'm probably one of the people who will get probed up the ass in an airport, but better safe than sorry. This profiling isn't that every Muslim and non-white person will be discriminated, it's basing on the fact that a fairly large majority of airport attacks have been from the audience that they are profiling.
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jesus

Seriously that's messed up.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By damnboyadvance

It says only if they have reliable intelligence suggesting someone with those characteristics could be a terrorist. It doesn't mean that this is racial profiling. It could be, but it's not right to just assume that.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By Tireyo
@Jeffery said:
"  Airport security sucks balls. "
This.