benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By benjaebe

Via Fangoria:

Fango’s Tony Timpone just reported in from the American Film Market with news that the long-mooted new SILENT HILL feature is finally ready to go. And no surprise, it’s going to be hitting screens with an extra dimension.

SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D in currently in preproduction with Lionsgate, Konami and Davis Films and producers Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody. This entry in the video-game-based movie franchise will be written and directed by Michael J. Bassett, whose credits include DEATHWATCH and WILDERNESS; original HILL scripter Roger Avary was previously set to encore before his recent troubles with the law. Here’s the REVELATION synopsis: “For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she’s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.” We’ll keep you posted on further updates.

As a fan of the series, I'm slightly skeptical of anyone touching Silent Hill 3 as a movie. The first one wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't exactly great either. I guess having Michael Bassett attached as a writer is a good sign though - for anyone who saw Solomon Kane, I thought it was a great movie.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I'm interested. I would be even more excited if they cast Emma Stone as the lead actress :)

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce

cast her already
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@luce: That is un fucking canny!
Spadge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spadge

It's just a shame that the old rumours of Neil Gaiman penning the screenplay turned out to be - albeit predictably - untrue. Still, I love the first film for what it is. Wonder if, in lieu of shattered memories, they're gonna hit up a more psychological route or go the the route of the lesser denominator and come up with some more cringesome than the barbwire rushing up the cooch moment.
Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BraveToaster
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @luce: That is un fucking canny! "
I second that. 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Well....they're better and more faithful than the RE movies at least. But still, the first wasn't anything note worthy besides its special effects.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust

Not going to see it, unless it is the movie of the year.  

Movies based loosely on games are generally shit, and this one doesn't appear to be any different. 

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By XenoNick
@luce:  HOLY SHIT! That's....wow.
ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By ptys

I really want to play SH3 but no longer have my PS2 damn-it!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I liked the first Silent Hill movie, so I'll probably check this out eventually. Still have to play SH3 though^^ 

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By CptBedlam

The first movie was pretty much rubbish. Nice visuals but it didn't spark any emotions like the games did
(especially SH2) .

So, no hopes for this one.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Having seen two of the movies that Michael J. Bassett has made (Wilderness and Solomon Kane), I can say only this: 

Goddammit, why? 

Bring Christoph Gans back!!!  Also, why Silent Hill 3 of all things?!?!?!  *ugh* 

The original flick is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it affair.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, namely because it was its own thing and merely influenced by the games.  No high hopes for this one, but we'll see.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

Why Silent Hill 3!!!?!?\ 

It had the worst story, the most uninteresting protagonist, and the most ANNOYING villain of the series. Not to mention it was short as hell.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Sooperspy
@luce: Wow. They look nothing alike.
/sarcasm
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aetheldod

Im in ... liked the first one (for what it was anyway) ..... 

The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Painted

I actually just reinstalled Silent Hill 3 an hour ago to play through it again, weird. As a huge fan of the games, I thought the first movie was surprisingly decent, especially as far as movies based on games go. So I'm actually kind of interested in this.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I have some small hope that this works out and they make a good movie.  I have a feeling they're going to totally screw it up, though, and I hate that because 3 was my favorite Silent Hill game by far.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By shirogane

Huh, the first one seemed like one of the few decent game movies. I'm just not into horror movies, games or silent hill. They kinda make me feel sick, but this seems like it's probably a good thing. 
Looking forward to it, even though i ain't gonna watch it.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I guess using Silent Hill 3 as source material makes sense because its related to Silent Hill 1. 
I would still prefer the story of Silent Hill 2, which is my personal favorite. Or maybe even Shattered Memories. I thought that story was very well done.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cnlmullen

Silent Hill is really more about atmosphere and subtle environmental touches than plot. It works so well as a game. 

You just can't communicate that on the silver screen.  

Not to mention, Silent Hill isn't exactly a wildly popular game series either. If you can't tell the story, and the name won't sell tickets, what's the point?