#2  Edited By Claude
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

are you asking if political threads should be allowed in off topic?

Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Shinryu

Hell No, Thats why Political Base exists. If i wanted to hear about how much the modern world sucks i'd go listen to some of my deadbeat friends talk about there "so-called" life

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Can't think of anything wrong with it. Unless, of course, you don't like the idea of your comfortable views being threatened.

I'm all for intelligent discourse.

EDIT:
Case in point, this is what I'm not talking about.

Hell No, Thats why Political Base exists. If i wanted to hear about how much the modern world sucks i'd go listen to some of my deadbeat friends talk about there "so-called" life
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude
Thrawn said:
"are you asking if political threads should be allowed in off topic?"
Yes
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Lies
Bellum said:
I'm all for intelligent discourse."
You, my friend, seem to forget we're on the internet.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Thrawn1

i'll probably vote no, as long as a "politics/religion/othercrap" board was created

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Snipzor

I vote yes because I want to piss people off.

/I give myself a few more days until ban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lies said:
"Bellum said:
I'm all for intelligent discourse."
You, my friend, seem to forget we're on the internet."

Sorry, I respect the internet a great deal more than is popular on many forums.
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shinryu
Bellum said:
"Can't think of anything wrong with it. Unless, of course, you don't like the idea of your comfortable views being threatened.

EDIT:

"
So your case is that you dont believe i should be able to express my opinion about not seeing politically driven material on a VIDEO GAME website? . sheesh
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RetroIce4

I guess so...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:
"Can't think of anything wrong with it. Unless, of course, you don't like the idea of your comfortable views being threatened.

EDIT:

"
So your case is that you dont believe i should be able to express my opinion about not seeing politically driven material on a VIDEO GAME website? . sheesh"

Nope, just that your opinion is ignorant. ;)
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Claude
Snipzor said:
"I vote yes because I want to piss people off.
/I give myself a few more days until ban
"

Why would you get banned? I've found good discussions on your posts. Your reasons for posting are your own.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I will say no, these kind of things always end with a flame war and the inevitable locked thread. Even when they don't I still think that all arguing about politics does is tear us apart as a community because it isn't about our enjoyment of video games.

Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shinryu
Bellum said:
"Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:

EDIT:

"
So your case is that you dont believe i should be able to express my opinion about not seeing politically driven material on a VIDEO GAME website? . sheesh"

Nope, just that your opinion is ignorant. ;)"
How so?, i've have enough of this crap in reality with people. Coming on a video games website to escape that, only then to see issues that quite frankly i hate discussing raised in an environment that is supposed to be escapism into a medium i enjoy is not exactly what i'd call productive ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:
"Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:

EDIT:

"

How so?, i've have enough of this crap in reality with people. Coming on a video games website to escape that, only then to see issues that quite frankly i hate discussing raised in an environment that is supposed to be escapism into a medium i enjoy is not exactly what i'd call productive ;)"

The part where political discussions are about "how the modern world sucks", about how people you disagree with don't have lives, about how gamers aren't intelligent interested in politics and the part where this website was created to fit your wants, specifically.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Snipzor
Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:
"Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:

EDIT:

"

How so?, i've have enough of this crap in reality with people. Coming on a video games website to escape that, only then to see issues that quite frankly i hate discussing raised in an environment that is supposed to be escapism into a medium i enjoy is not exactly what i'd call productive ;)"
If you don't want to see the politics and business side of the world (Eventually going to talk about business, won't that be fun), then don't go on Off-Topic. Because there is either politics, or simple jibjab.
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shinryu
Bellum said:
"Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:
"Shinryu said:
"Bellum said:

EDIT:

"

The part where political discussions are about "how the modern world sucks", about how people you disagree with don't have lives, about how gamers aren't intelligent interested in politics and the part where this website was created to fit your wants, specifically."
I didnt say all poltical discussions were about that, i said thats what my friends who i hate discussing politics with talk about -_-  . I didnt say gamers wernt interested in politics either, just that i dont see how its productive when there is already a website in the same damn media production set up with the subject of politics in mind. And finally NO i did not say that at all, i just stated that this website was desgined for video games (clearly!) and that in my opinion id rather not see politics in place.

Bleh...
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Claude

Politics and games play hand in hand. Look at MGS4 and tell me there are no politics. Video Games are used for political purposes... America's Army Political Forces is a prime example and on the other end of the spectrum... Laws being passed against games. I just wanted to see what the community thought.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By BoG

Of course, I'm a political science major.