• 93 results
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By damnboyadvance

It's really sad that he'd say this. As if Keith Olbermann was low enough, he's trying to slam Fox News as a whole, saying that people who watch it are "
tin foil hatters, conspiracy theorists, paranoids and racists." He also said that their show (not referring to FN) is "the highest rated cable news program for all viewers."

I read this today, and I actually got angry at him. Holy crap. I mean, I'm not some conservative that absolutely hates MSNBC, and Olbermann, but this still pissed me off. Here's a checklist for who I am:

Tin foil hatter: NO
Conspiracy theorist: NO
Paranoid: NO
Racists: NO

And yes, I do watch Fox News normally, yet I'm not any of those terms he referred to people like me as.

And as to what he said about the ratings and stuff, here's something else to present. They are the top rated cable news shows in order from highest rated to lowest.

The O'Reilly Factor - 3,440,000 viewers
Hannity - 2,937,000 viewers
Glenn Beck - 2,810,000 viewers
On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren - 2,450,000 viewers
Special Report with Bret Baier - 2,066,000 viewers
Fox Report w/Shep Smith - 1,860,000 viewers
Countdown w/ K. Olbermann - 1,114,000 viewers
Larry King Live - 1,063,000 viewers

Now, I might not be very handy with numbers and stuff, but it looks like every show on Fox beat everybody, including Olbermann.

So how do you feel about this?

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By torus

Call the waaambulance.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan
@torus said:
Call the waaambulance.
He slammed Fox News, so what.  As long as Fox News is full of wackos like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly that statement is pretty much accurate
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Oh no, how dare somebody bash Fox News viewers as angry/crude/uneducated when they make up the whole of those who drown out free speech at townhall events.  

That is all.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10

I thought that was funny as hell. MSNBC I think adds some humor to the news. Olbermann is awesome.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By tekmojo

A 9:00am FoxNews program beat out their 8:00pm prime time show. I would be mad too.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By delta_ass

Olbermann's just a professional troll.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Snipzor said:
" Oh no, how dare somebody bash Fox News viewers as angry/crude/uneducated when they make up the whole of those who drown out free speech at townhall events.   That is all. "
Old people aren't the only ones who watch news.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By ninjakiller
@damnboyadvance: I have to listen to my moron of a brother telling me that healthcare for all really is the first step to fascism because Adolph Hitler and the Nazis had healthcare for all of Germany and it'll devalue human life and white fucking noise buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  My brother watches Fox News religiously and listens to Rush, so yeah. they are fucking tin foiled hatted idiots.  Anyone who comes out and tries to say that Fox Noise Pollution is "fair and balanced" with a straight face needs to be kicked in the balls/punched in the tits.

He's a loser, someone who's 47 and lives at home with mommy and daddy doesn't have the right to have an opinion about anything.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Cube

Fox is a bunch of bullshit. Go Keith.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RetroIce4
@Br3adfan said:

" @torus said:

Call the waaambulance.

He slammed Fox News, so what.  As long as Fox News is full of wackos like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly that statement is pretty much accurate "
OOooohhh. He just toasted yo ass. (I mean  @Br3adfan and saying the truth.)
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By damnboyadvance
@ninjakiller: Well thankfully, I'm not a big news fan. Some people are just way too obsessed with stuff like this. Me? I don't really care. Just wondering what the community thinks. That part about me being pissed off was just a way to get more realistic responses, something like that. :)
Osphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osphere

Say what you will about Olbermann, but I almost think he's a necessary voice at this point, considering some of the downright scary shit being said by certain rightwing pundits.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidSwords

The O'Reilly Factor - 3,440,000 viewers (Nation of Hate)
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lowbrow

Fox news networks are pretty much full of nutbags. Seriously.

This particular news station - although I'm sure there are liberal ones that are just as guilty - can barely even be called news. The views expressed on some of their programs by people who are meant to be "reporters" are so biased and skewed in the direction of the ring wing that you might as well call it Fox "lets insult the people who think differently than we do" news.

As I said, I'm sure liberal media has stations much like this one - I've seen MSNBC quoted a couple times - but holy fuck, the amount of times Obama has been called a Nazi / Commie is just weird. 

I'm glad I live in Montreal where the only Fox news station we get is the one from Vermont. 

Good old Vermont, its like the Canada of America.

But seriously, if these are the biggest news outlets that you guys have in the States (excluding CNN, I guess), I'm really surprised that anyone actually watches the damn news.

Its like both sides sit in their offices and think to themselves "Hmmm, how can today's events be used as ammunition against people and politicians who are affiliated with that other evil political party...."

MetalRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetalRocker

I really don't like Fox News but, Olbermann is just the otherside of the partisanship coin.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@ninjakiller said:
"My brother watches Fox News religiously and listens to Rush . . .  
Dude, you can't just say "listens to Rush" without confusion setting in.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By gearhead

Fox News is a bad network and Keith was wrong about saying that, but just stating statistics of viewership only shows that there are more crazy people in the world. Seriously, as a former Glenn Beck fan, the guy has gone off the deep end after he went to Fox, and Hannity just hates everything Democrat. 

Plus, anybody who think Reagen was the best President is seriously fucked up.

CollyWolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CollyWolly

FoxNews ratings speak for themselves.  They appear to be the best in the business at attracting viewers. 

I'm a CNBC fan myself.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Gearhead: I agree. I used to watch Glenn Beck, but now I think that his reporting is a little questionable, and some of what he says is at least a little exaggerated.

You know what? Fuck the cable news.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ryanwho

Olberman needs to adjust his pageantry.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By breadfan
@damnboyadvance said:
@Snipzor said:
" Oh no, how dare somebody bash Fox News viewers as angry/crude/uneducated when they make up the whole of those who drown out free speech at townhall events.   That is all. "
Old people aren't the only ones who watch news.
And old people are not the only ones making an unnecessary ruckus at town halls 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By chewii101

Oibermann might be over the top..........but compared to the crap spewed by Fox? 

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lukeissxc

All news networks spew shit. Not just Fox News. MSNBC and CNN both spew massive shit that no one but liberal assholes who have their head stuck up their ass so far that they can't decide for themselves what is right or wrong. 

Everyone on GB bashes Fox News but no one even mentions crap from other stations. Each station has its own agenda and they push it like crazy.  

Stop with the damn agenda its annoying as shit. Look at the facts and decide for yourself on what you think is right or wrong.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Snipzor
@lukeissxc: Believe me, if I can actually list the bullshit on CNN or MSNBC, I would. But I don't because the crap on CNN is trivial and the crap on MSNBC is on Morning Joe.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KamasamaK

Keith isn't always on point and likes to bully people, but to be honest I find most of the people he targets deserve it. He does tend to pick on Fox News a lot, and usually for good reason. The main problem with what he does is that the people who would benefit from hearing the stuff he says don't watch him, though who knows if they would care about or comprehend the contradictions. I find it amusing nevertheless.

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@damnboyadvance said:
  You know what? Fuck the cable news. "
This.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KamasamaK
@jakob187: I love that sketch. It comes with the typical exaggerations of SNL, but other than that Ben is pretty on the mark.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@lukeissxc said:
" All news networks spew shit. Not just Fox News. MSNBC and CNN both spew massive shit that no one but liberal assholes who have their head stuck up their ass so far that they can't decide for themselves what is right or wrong.  Everyone on GB bashes Fox News but no one even mentions crap from other stations. Each station has its own agenda and they push it like crazy.  "
This
Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

Well since I work for an ABC affiliate station I guess I should be humored by this post. But the fact that any of these "News" channels are given credibility is sad.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Gunner

Kieth can be funny at times but sometimes he takes it way too far. 

Fox news though... They deserve what ever bashing they got.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SteamPunkJin
@Kamasama said:
" Keith isn't always on point and likes to bully people, but to be honest I find most of the people he targets deserve it. He does tend to pick on Fox News a lot, and usually for good reason. The main problem with what he does is that the people who would benefit from hearing the stuff he says don't watch him, though who knows if they would care about or comprehend the contradictions. I find it amusing nevertheless. "
Most cable news show are pretty much preaching to the choir, on both side of this debate.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By vidiot
@damnboyadvance said:
Tin foil hatter: NO
Conspiracy theorist: NO
Paranoid: NO
Racists: NO

While Olbermann most certainly has his own agenda, I look at this list and pretty much shrug with agreement with it. 
You personally are not thankful any of these points, But the recent string and tone of Fox News programming has defiantly followed this mantra. 

Unless you think a viewership that believes health care reform is the equivalent to something Hitler would create, or that there will be death panels, or that Obama can't be president because he was born in Kenya, or that the economic bailout is the equivalent of THE BRITISH OCCUPATION (personal favorite for the lolz.).....and it goes on, and on, and on.....

Was Olbermann's comments absolute and stupid? Of course. It's a 24 hour news channel, what do you expect? 
If people who watch Fox News don't want to be talked down like that, perhaps I suggest you try to do something that doesnt make you look like your wearing a tin foil hat....or a conspiracy theorist...
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Famov

Keith Olbermann's tirades would have more impact if he wasn't a living straw man himself. It would be like having Jessica Simpson lecturing how there is no integrity in modern music.

Don't watch cable news people. There are much better things to do with your time, like everything else that isn't watching cable news.

Osphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Osphere
@Kamasama said:

" @jakob187: I love that sketch. It comes with the typical exaggerations of SNL, but other than that Ben is pretty on the mark. "

Well, there's more to Olbermann than his occasional rant.  He can be pretty comedic and even mildly giddy at times, though going by the sketch you'd think he was always angry (which again, he can be, but usually only during Special Comments and similar sections)
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ninjakiller

The thing that Fox does well is attract old people to watch (median age of Fox viewer is over 60.)   The whole generation that thinks, "Everything is going to hell and these God Damn kids are ruining everything. " 

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FCKSNAP

Fox news is hilarious. The Anonymous special report is typical Fox.

Exploding vans for all!
alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By alsnuts2

Keith Olbermann is my hero.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KamasamaK
@SteamPunkJin said:
" @Kamasama said:
" Keith isn't always on point and likes to bully people, but to be honest I find most of the people he targets deserve it. He does tend to pick on Fox News a lot, and usually for good reason. The main problem with what he does is that the people who would benefit from hearing the stuff he says don't watch him, though who knows if they would care about or comprehend the contradictions. I find it amusing nevertheless. "
Most cable news show are pretty much preaching to the choir, on both side of this debate. "
Heh, debate. I wasn't specifically talking about him echoing some political ideology, which he does tend to do. I meant the parts of the show where he points out the stupid and contradictory remarks made by people in government and the media, and explains why. Of course you watch what you enjoy or trust, but many do this out of ignorance.

@Osphere:
I know, but he's got the mannerisms down. I noted the exaggeration, but that comes with the need to be entertaining.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#42  Edited By AgentJ
@jakob187 said:
"   
"
The first time I saw it I lolled. From what I understand he mentions that skit occasionally on his show
Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cadmus

I think it's hilarious how before the breaks Olbermann always crumples a piece of paper and throws it at the camera and then the camera BREAKS.
Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cadmus
@Kamasama:
Nobody would benefit from listening to Olbermann.  He just comes across as a very hateful angry person.  He encourages controversy, that's what he does best.  At least O'Reilly is clever enough to give the facade that he is fair.  Keith won't invite guests who disagree with him.  I remember approx. 6 months to a year + ago, every night would be him bashing Bush and Palin and most of it was totally irrelevant (Palin and her family for example).  I don't recall an 'open democrat' ever being on his 'worst persons of the world' (very juvenile name btw) segment. 

I hate pundits.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Red

Cable news is garbage. Fox News is terribly biased old men who think they are funny, and most other cable news is just a bunch of people whining.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgentJ
@Cadmus said:
" @Kamasama: Nobody would benefit from listening to Olbermann.  He just comes across as a very hateful angry person.  He encourages controversy, that's what he does best.  At least O'Reilly is clever enough to give the facade that he is fair.  Keith won't invite guests who disagree with him.  I remember approx. 6 months to a year + ago, every night would be him bashing Bush and Palin and most of it was totally irrelevant (Palin and her family for example).  I don't recall an 'open democrat' ever being on his 'worst persons of the world' (very juvenile name btw) segment.  I hate pundits. "
O'Reilly and fair? Now there's two words that should never spend time in the same sentence together. 
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By c1337us
@torus said:
" Call the waaambulance. "
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KamasamaK
@Cadmus: Olbermann doesn't run a debate show. He has strong beliefs, but he will rarely attack someone else's. Instead, he attacks their character by showing factual inaccuracies and logical inconsistencies in statements they make or actions they perform. He enjoys pointing out hypocrites and idiots, so in that respect I guess he does feed on controversy. I said before that he can be a bully, but some people need to be called out and much of the time that person is a bully as well. And yes, his "Worst Persons..." segment is hyperbole and purposely so. I don't watch the show regularly or pay close attention to people's political affiliations when I do, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about no democrats being included. However, his favoritism does not mean the people he does target aren't deserving of criticism.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KamasamaK
@damnboyadvance: 
I was curious why Olbermann would make such an easily disprovable claim about ratings like that. I do not know where exactly you pulled your quote from, but I found a video from 6 days ago that seems more accurate. (sorry, the embed doesn't seem to work)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/32515100#32515100

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AgentJ
@Kamasama said:
" @Cadmus: Olbermann doesn't run a debate show. He has strong beliefs, but he will rarely attack someone else's. Instead, he attacks their character by showing factual inaccuracies and logical inconsistencies in statements they make or actions they perform. He enjoys pointing out hypocrites and idiots, so in that respect I guess he does feed on controversy. I said before that he can be a bully, but some people need to be called out and much of the time that person is a bully as well. And yes, his "Worst Persons..." segment is hyperbole and purposely so. I don't watch the show regularly or pay close attention to people's political affiliations when I do, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about no democrats being included. However, his favoritism does not mean the people he does target aren't deserving of criticism. "
I don't think anyone went after Blagoiovich harder than he and Maddow. The thing I like about him is that he goes after each and all hypocrites, no matter what their creed or opinion. He has even hit obama hard a few times regarding not ending the wiretapping program and other things. I share his hatred for hypocrites, which is why I try to at least tune in for his "worst persons" segment.