Pixar's Good Dinosaur looks amazing

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

The Good Dinosaur had many production problems (read here for more info) but this trailer is so heartwarming and well done that I have high hopes for the movie. Also the titular character is really cute

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's so weird that Pixar is going to have released two movies this year. Inside Out was already amazing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't know man... when I was a child my parents took me to Pizza Hut and we got Land Before Time on VHS as some sort of promo. I cried my eyes out during that movie. This trailer was tugging at very similar emotional heart strings.. I was seriously getting a little choked up just watching the trailer..

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CheapPoison

I have serious doubts about this one.
That being said, there is a good chance that is cause of my love for littlefoot and the feeling that pixar won't be able to top that.
At the other hand I hate the dino designs in this, which I kinda do for littlefoot now also so... Who knows!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Oh... that's coming out on Thanksgiving?...

....weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main characters look so ridiculously out of place in that world. The environments look absolutely amazing, and there is that goofy looking dinosaur and kid running around. That being said the trailer was cute.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

@random45 said:

The main characters look so ridiculously out of place in that world. The environments look absolutely amazing, and there is that goofy looking dinosaur and kid running around. That being said the trailer was cute.

Yeah. My initial reaction was that the art style of the environments and characters clash a bit, but I don't think that's a deal breaker. It's a Pixar movie, so I'm willing to give it a chance.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, a response to Disney's dissapointing, non-Pixar "Dinosaur" (2000)

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Looks pretty cool, the art style reminds me of Pikmin. With a realistic looking background and cartoony looking characters.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looks okay. Inside Out seemed more interesting. I'll probably watch this and get choked up all the same.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ripelivejam

Insiee out was fantastic (in messing with my emotions :( ) and this may be alright but it looks like a bit of a step back (again) for them. I'm waiting for pixar to do a more straight up mature film, as much as their stuff already appeals to me (Ratatouille was the closest).

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Man, something about this just made me get misty eyed. Looks like one to look forward to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That dinosaur looks like he is made out of gummi and I want to eat him.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about this trailer is lacking the Pixar Magic for me. Hopefully it's just a trailer issue, but this one doesn't have my attention as much as their previous stuff. Can't imagine it's gonna pull on the heartstrings as much as Up.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Without any previous knowledge of this movie, I don't see what the fuss is about. The dinosaur looks like a toy and from what I gathered about the premise, it's surprisingly unimaginative. "You know what kids these days like? Dinosaurs! How about a kid WITH a dinosaur?"

It looks like a new Cars, massively popular with kids and ripe with merchandising opportunities.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

*Corrects glasses* Hmm, I don't think humans would have evolved with the dinosaurs still around. I mean, for the love of glavin! I mean, I'd rather watch a scientifically accurate film- like the Super Mario Brothers movie!

Eh. Looks fine I guess? Dunno. Kinda not much there except for the nice looking environments.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I'm not buying into the hype for this one. It could be good, but this trailer does nothing for me.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@random45 said:

Yeah. My initial reaction was that the art style of the environments and characters clash a bit, but I don't think that's a deal breaker. It's a Pixar movie, so I'm willing to give it a chance.

Glad I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow at this. It looks like someone cut out a cartoon and pasted it on a photo of a forest in MS Paint. I'm sure the look is intentional, and I hope it makes more sense in the film itself, but man, to me at least, the clashing styles steal focus from everything else there.

It's also kind of a disappointment, as the amazing detail of their stylized worlds has always been a big draw for me. And especially how the look of the larger world was informed by the character designs. It's thrilling to look at a tree from The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., and even Brave and see all of the brilliant design decisions made to make even that one thing look like it fits.

Looking at a tree... that looks exactly like a tree, when a neon green noodly Dinosaur cartoon is stumbling around in front of it, gives no satisfying sense of design intention at all.

Still, just an off hand impression from a tiny teaser, so I hope I'm totally wrong and in the full movie it makes sense.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not a fan of the main character design, looks like a bad play dough model.

EwanSuttie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Didn't like the trailer at all, something about an animated feature about a cute animal is really uninspiring, especially after Inside Out.