• 57 results
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mcfart

Instead of over 10000 people turning out to take over Wall Street's Finantial District, less then 1 thousand did, and the Police arrested almost 2/10's of those, and made sure to bloody them first. http://www.timescolonist.com/business/Occupy+Wall+Street+action+Protesters+march+stock+exchange/5725247/story.html

Guess OWS is dead in the water. Thank god. Now they can go back to begging and smelling up downtown.

NEW YORK - New York police prevented protesters from shutting down Wall Street on Thursday, arresting at least 177 people in repeated clashes with an Occupy Wall Street rally that drew fewer demonstrators than expected.

Hundreds of Occupy Wall Street protesters took to the streets in rainy New York and elsewhere in the United States for a day of action seen as a test of the momentum of the two-month-old grassroots movement against economic inequality.

In the biggest New York protest since a police raid broke up the protesters' encampment in a park near Wall Street on Tuesday, organizers and city officials had expected tens of thousands to turn out. Mayor Michael Bloomberg put the figure at less than 1,000.

"We certainly want to see more people mobilize and show up," said Occupy Wall Street spokesman Jeff Smith, who nevertheless said there was "a fantastic turnout."

Many protesters complained of police brutality, pointing to one image of man whose face was bloodied during his arrest and another of a woman who was dragged across the sidewalk by an officer.

Police reported seven officers were injured, including one whose hand was cut by a flying piece of glass and five who were hit in the face by a liquid believed to be vinegar.

Police barricaded the narrow streets around Wall Street, home to the New York Stock Exchange, and used batons to push protesters onto the sidewalk as they marched through the area to try and prevent financial workers getting to their desks.

Workers were allowed past barricades with identification and the New York Stock Exchange opened on time and operated normally. Police and protesters scuffled and some 177 people were arrested.

Protesters banged drums and yelled "We are the 99 per cent" — referring to their contention that the U.S. political system benefits only the richest 1 per cent.

"I wanted to see more people. I had watched this on the news and hoped for more. I wasn't satisfied with the numbers (at the protest)," said Sadat Hadzijic, 20 from the Bronx.

Protesters also took their protest to 16 subway hubs and planned a march across the Brooklyn Bridge.

At the Union Square subway stop, one of the busiest in the city, protesters tried to crowd the entrance but police repeatedly moved them against the walls to make way for subway riders.

"The mayor wanted to shut us down at Zuccotti Park, but try shutting this down," said Travis McConnell, 27, of Brooklyn. "They can't. This movement is now worldwide and the more politicians and police try to stop us, the stronger we become."

Last month, more than 700 people were arrested during a similar march across the Brooklyn Bridge after some protesters blocked traffic.

PROTESTS ACROSS U.S.

In Los Angeles, hundreds of anti-Wall Street demonstrators blocked a downtown street, snarling traffic on surrounding freeways, before police moved in and arrested 23 people.

The Los Angeles protest took place near demonstrators' encampment on the City Hall lawn, and a handful of people in grinning Guy Fawkes masks — a style hallmark of the Occupy movement — joined the march.

"I think we're all saying the same thing, but in a million different ways," said Good Jobs LA organizer Sandra Gonzalez, 42, in explaining the relationship between her group, which organized the march, and the nationwide Occupy protests.

The Washington gathering was also smaller than hoped for by organizers. One protester in McPherson Square said he expected about 1,000 people while perhaps 200 showed and many left within the hour.

In Dallas more than a dozen people were arrested when police shut down their six-week-old camp near City Hall.

Before dawn on Thursday, police cleared away a protest camp from a plaza at the University of California, Berkeley, where 5,000 people had gathered on Tuesday night.

Protesters say they are upset that billions of dollars in bailouts given to banks during the recession allowed a return to huge profits while average Americans have had no relief from high unemployment and a struggling economy.

They also say the richest 1 per cent of Americans do not pay their fair share of taxes.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Hello troll. Bye troll.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

Remember: Hit them in the back of the knees. If that doesn't work, shoot them.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Omega
@Mcfart said:

This is the State's chance to take some lessons from the USSR on dealing with protests, and end this once and for all.

You don't sound like an asshole at all.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Example1013

@Mcfart: I like the way you think.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xdaknightx69

they are just adding more fuel to the fire lol

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar
@Mcfart: I find this hard to masturbate to. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

@StaticFalconar said:

@Mcfart: I find this hard to masturbate to.

Imagine them being beaten by this officer.

No Caption Provided
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mcfart

@PenguinDust said:

@StaticFalconar said:

Imagine them being beaten by this officer.

No Caption Provided

I like the way you think O.O

Now if only real cops looked like that :(

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McShank

@StaticFalconar said:

^

And, Mcfart like i said before in many posts. You make me sad to have Mc in my name from your stupidity on certain matters.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MidgardDragon

@Omega said:

@Mcfart said:

This is the State's chance to take some lessons from the USSR on dealing with protests, and end this once and for all.

You don't sound like an asshole at all.

I heartily agree with this sarcasm.

@McShank said:

@StaticFalconar said:

^

And, Mcfart like i said before in many posts. You make me sad to have Mc in my name from your stupidity on certain matters.

It's okay, I'd never confuse someone with half a brain for Mcfart, Mc on the name or not.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McGhee

You are an asshole.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cincaid

Lot of Mc's in here. Either you're plotting an Irish takeover, or you're forming a hip hop group.

I'm onto you...

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Occupy Wall Street will soon be the next Kent State, and likely be the flashpoint that leads us to an unavoidable second Civil War. It'll be a battle over not states rights and slavery, but new forms of government versus the old.

TheCrimsonKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCrimsonKing

That'll show them to peacefully use their Constitutionally-protected right to free speech! Never mind the hundreds of laws the NYPD has broken in the past week that have galvanized the movement. Actually, the more that NYPD harasses and beats peaceful agitators/protesters, the more that they prove OWS's point that those with money and power don't have to follow the law like everyone else does and are accountable to no one. So, don't be surprised if you start seeing more people in later videos if the NYPD starts acting like the dogs you want them to act like.

Then again, I shouldn't expect a realistic perspective on OWS matters from a NY Post reader. On top of their generally lousy reporting, the OWS coverage in all Murdoch-owned media has been heavily slanted. The first sentence of that article calls them a "mob," which has a violent connotation, when in reality the protests have been largely peaceful despite having no central organization. Can't even get past the first sentence without spinning things.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I dislike these protesters more and more.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Example1013

@TheCrimsonKing: Hahaha. Dumbass.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten

For some reason I'm not even bothered by this anymore. It's like I stopped caring about this pathetic nonsense ages ago. What happened? Did I move the fuck on? ... it feels weird

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hero_swe

I for one am glad the americans are finally waking up and fighting back. So many crazily retarded bills have either tried to pass or have been passed. America is one weird country.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm fine with protesting, but when they disrupt the day-to-day activities of regular people and traffic, then bring out the tear gas. Just keep your protest on the sidewalk, maybe in a plaza. Out of the way.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlinkyTM

Bring it OOOOOONNNNN!!!!

(I live in New York so, I can say that).

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Evilsbane

Although I don't completely agree with how the protest are being handled (Don't interrupt honest workers trying to get to fucking work) I have to say that the protest have brought a good bit of attention to just how fucked up our police can be, some of the shit they have done to completely random people doing nothing but peacefully protesting is just downright shameful.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By ColinWright

I think you and Mark Millar would make good lovers. Ridiculous.

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jerr

Ha! Liberalism! Imagine that!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By ajamafalous
@Cincaid said:

Lot of Mc's in here. Either you're plotting an Irish takeover, or you're forming a hip hop group.

I'm onto you...

Bahahahaha
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By CastroCasper

HEY! leave the potheads out of this...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You're an uninformed, ignorant ass hole.

Whoever thinks stereotypically will never know the truth. These protestors are just normal human beings who got fucked by people who were no different to them, only in their position in a corrupted society.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kashif1

@Mcfart: If your trying to be satirical here is tip, never try that on the internet ever. here is the reason why

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By matpaget

Hey, guys! What's going on?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Frank Miller? Is that you?

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@XII_Sniper said:

I'm fine with protesting, but when they disrupt the day-to-day activities of regular people and traffic, then bring out the tear gas. Just keep your protest on the sidewalk, maybe in a plaza. Out of the way.

almost every occupy protest is in a plaza or some other public space not in the streets. That's the point of them. The clashes you see are when police attempt to evict people form plazas and push them into the streets.

NipCrip66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NipCrip66

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Frank Miller? Is that you?

LOL!

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By championfetus

The funny thing is that for the most part the only thing keeping the occupy movement in the media are these police/protester interactions.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By lazyturtle

@XII_Sniper: You mean...like in a park or something?

@TheCrimsonKing: I know right. If only they did things the right way: Each of them should have a gun or 3 and just linger around places the President will be.

@championfetus: Or it could be the fact that its been ongoing for 2 months now.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mano521

theyve got a good thing going. i just hate how the few friends i have who care about it dont realize that everyone else doesnt. its a good cause and what not, but we have other priorities that dont involve going out and yelling because we arent happy about shit. i have exams to study for, things to do, people to see. and yet these friends say "if you arent out there doing something you are part of the problem". that... im fuckin sick of.

but yea OP is a moron

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Still_I_Cry

The actual turnout was around 2500 or less so I have read.

Not a promising sign for the OWS movement.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MikkaQ

@VisariLoyalist said:

@XII_Sniper said:

almost every occupy protest is in a plaza or some other public space not in the streets. That's the point of them. The clashes you see are when police attempt to evict people form plazas and push them into the streets.

Yeah but that's cause they were camping. They could just leave at 5, come back at 9 like the day job they wished they had. Can't squat in a park, that's vagrancy.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iam3green

well good luck protesters. it's somewhat of a good cause. it's going to suck for the people that are going to get tear gased and things.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never has one post been able to offend officers of the law, potheads, hippies, while also embarrassing the American people in the process. Well done, sir. I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

hah yeah fuck those potheads corporations are always right.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mcfart

@Still_I_Cry said:

It was less then a thousand actually, and they failed to shut down the financial district, and police did what I wanted. They beat and blooded them before they arrested them (some).

OWS is dead (finally)

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Still_I_Cry

This is a fail, " Mark Bray said , "We wanted to shut down business as usual. I think we've done that. We've certainly thrown off the routine, and that is what we wanted to accomplish.""

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mcfart

Wasen't what their announcement wanted. Police stopped them from disrupting the Financial District. They are the center of OWS, and they coulden't even shut down Wall Street, and got less then 1k turnout, AND 177 of those got arrested/beaten.

Goodbye OWS. The only thing you accomplished was dirtying our parks (costing taxpayer money to have them cleaned up) and more cops (costing more money to pay those cops)

Thanks guys =D

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iamjohn

@Mcfart said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

It was less then a thousand actually, and they failed to shut down the financial district, and police did what I wanted. They beat and blooded them before they arrested them (some).

OWS is dead (finally)

Uh... what about the tens of thousands of people who marched on the Brooklyn Bridge today? Or were at Foley Square? Or what about the other thousands of people at the other Occupy sites today in LA, DC and other places? And what about those 26 credential-carrying reporters (yes, reporters. Journalists. People whose job it is to cover the fucking news) who were also arrested in New York today, or Ydanis Rodriguez, the city councilmember who was brutalized by the cops and held without access to an attorney (which is, lest we forget, in violation of the Constitution) for seventeen hours?

God you're an idiot.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mcfart

They all failed. *Oh, we took over a bridge, we're making so much impact hurr durr*.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iamjohn

@Mcfart said:

They all failed.

And I repeat:

@iAmJohn said:

God you're an idiot.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mcfart

@iAmJohn said:

@Mcfart said:

They all failed.

And I repeat:

@iAmJohn said:

God you're an idiot.

You could take over a bridge by yourself. Just stand in the way of traffic. The only thing you'd accomplish are other mad 99%ers.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iamjohn

@Mcfart said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Mcfart said:

They all failed.

And I repeat:

@iAmJohn said:

God you're an idiot.

You could take over a bridge by yourself. Just stand in the way of traffic. The only thing you'd accomplish are other mad 99%ers.

You don't seem to understand what a march is.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

You are an asshole.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PeasantAbuse

These clowns took over a park in my town, feels bad.