Prop 8 has been overturned in California

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EvilMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By EvilMuffin

Why does gay marriage discussions always turn into bestiality discussions? Homosexuality =/= bestiality... do not even compare to the two.

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:

" @astrotriforce said:

" Judges overturned a vote of the people? And we're celebrating?  If you want gay marriage in your state, then vote it in. The reality is that supporters can't even get enough votes in states like California and Mass. Because more people disagree with it than support it. "
You shouldn't be allowed to vote for things that violate the Constitution.  It doesn't matter how many people want it.   "
We gonna see about that supreme court garanteed! mawhawhawhawa!!!
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By Lautaro
@BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:

" @BlackJedi: You aren't crazy for being against gay marriage. You're entitled to your opinion, bigoted, prejudiced and ridiculous as it may be. You're crazy for suggesting that gay marriage and bestiality are in some way equivalent. "

So being against gay marriage means my views are bigoted and prejudiced, then I would say the same to you. Once the rules are changed, they can be further changed once that door is open, which it is currently. Theres nothing crazy in comparing but you are entitled to your own opinion. In the end everyone has rights no matter how different a person can be. "
Why are you comparing 2 humans getting married to a human marrying animals? How is that a logical next step.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Animals aren't sentient, and therefore cannot be considered "of sound mind" in order to enter into a contract. To alter that requirement for entering into a contract would be a far more significant and radical change to the law than simply treating people the same. "
lol, depends on what giving consent is for an animal sometimes giving a consent isn't simply just saying yes... and lol @ you guys raging. "
No.  It doesn't depend on anything. 

Animals cannot legally give consent.  Period.  This is a law which has absolutely nothing to do with marriage.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By actionTACO
@astrotriforce said:
" Judges overturned a vote of the people? And we're celebrating?  If you want gay marriage in your state, then vote it in. The reality is that supporters can't even get enough votes in states like California and Mass. Because more people disagree with it than support it. "
civil rights should never have be subject to a popular vote.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By BlackJedi
@Lautaro said:

" @BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:

" @BlackJedi: You aren't crazy for being against gay marriage. You're entitled to your opinion, bigoted, prejudiced and ridiculous as it may be. You're crazy for suggesting that gay marriage and bestiality are in some way equivalent. "

So being against gay marriage means my views are bigoted and prejudiced, then I would say the same to you. Once the rules are changed, they can be further changed once that door is open, which it is currently. Theres nothing crazy in comparing but you are entitled to your own opinion. In the end everyone has rights no matter how different a person can be. "
Why are you comparing 2 humans getting married to a human marrying animals? How is that a logical next step. "
Why are you guys comparing 2 sex's getting married and the civil rights movements? You can't have your cake and eat it too.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Animals aren't sentient, and therefore cannot be considered "of sound mind" in order to enter into a contract. To alter that requirement for entering into a contract would be a far more significant and radical change to the law than simply treating people the same. "
lol, depends on what giving consent is for an animal sometimes giving a consent isn't simply just saying yes... and lol @ you guys raging. "
No.  It doesn't depend on anything.  Animals cannot legally give consent.  Period.  This is a law which has absolutely nothing to do with marriage. "
So animals can't give consent because they can' t speak? thats very flawed argument me thinks.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:

I'm well aware that consent isn't ever as simple as saying yes. That's why I made the point about the "of sound mind" clause, or whatever you call it in the states. Please, do try to understand the arguments. 
And people who can't speak may give consent. That's not the argument, straw man.
yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By yinstarrunner

I don't give a fuck whether or not gay people get married.  Let them do whatever. 

That said, I'm not jumping for joy at this news.  One man's interpretation of a grey area in our law doesn't fall in line with that of the masses, so he changes it.  Great.

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By BlackJedi
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
I'm well aware that consent isn't ever as simple as saying yes. That's why I made the point about the "of sound mind" clause, or whatever you call it in the states. Please, do try to understand the arguments. "
I am you just aint making sense. lulz.
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Lautaro
@BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:

Why are you comparing 2 humans getting married to a human marrying animals? How is that a logical next step. "
Why are you guys comparing to sex's getting married and the civil rights movements? You can't have your cake and eat it too. "
Uhh both of those involve humans and humans only. You seem to be the one bringing animals into the conversation for some reason.
dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#162  Edited By dfsvegas
@MooseyMcMan said:
" On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.  "
Somebody get this guy a rim-shot.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
I'm well aware that consent isn't ever as simple as saying yes. That's why I made the point about the "of sound mind" clause, or whatever you call it in the states. Please, do try to understand the arguments. "
I sense some denial from the opposition.

There was a case a while back here where one was opposed to it but was reasonable in his opinion, but this is just a unintended troll fight.
fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By fezz

Good

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By BlackJedi

Yeah but you are comparing race with sex. 2 totally different situations so I am bringing 2 totally different situations aswell...

Fair game. lol.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Meowshi
@EvilMuffin said:
" Why does gay marriage discussions always turn into bestiality discussions? Homosexuality =/= bestiality... do not even compare to the two. "
It's simple.  People who are opposed to gay marriage, who aren't just homophobes, generally do so because of religious doctrine.  The problem is that they aren't opposed to it based on their own sense of morality, but rather they are opposed to it based on what their religious doctrine tells them their sense of morality should be.  This leads to them needed to find something that are actually morally opposed to (and would be without any religious backing), and then delude themselves into thinking that they (bestiality and homosexuality) are one in the same.  It's fascinating really.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
I am you just aint making sense. lulz. "
Or you are just unable to understand. Flagging this, just enough.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:

" @BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:

Why are you guys comparing 2 sex's getting married and the civil rights movements? You can't have your cake and eat it too. "
Because they both involve consenting adults and are in no way a form of rape.  
Does that answer your question?
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @EvilMuffin said:
" Why does gay marriage discussions always turn into bestiality discussions? Homosexuality =/= bestiality... do not even compare to the two. "
It's simple.  People who are opposed to gay marriage, who aren't just homophobes, generally do so because of religious doctrine.  The problem is that they aren't opposed to it based on their own sense of morality, but rather they are opposed to it based on what their religious doctrine tells them their sense of morality should be.  This leads to them needed to find something that are actually morally opposed to (and would be without any religious backing), and then delude themselves into thinking that they (bestiality and homosexuality) are one in the same.  It's fascinating really. "
Not everyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage are homophobes... I have nothing against gays I just don't agree with gay marraige, I am talking about morals and you guys are talkign about Race and comparing it to gay marriage so why can't I do some comparing of my own?
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Lautaro
@BlackJedi said:
" Yeah but you are comparing race with sex. 2 totally different situations so I am bringing 2 totally different situations aswell...  Fair game. lol. "
You still have not explained how 2 people of the same sex getting married will lead to people somehow marrying animals. If you are going to use the floodgate approach please at least make some sense.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171  Edited By Karmum

It's about time.

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BlackJedi
@ThePhantomnaut said:

" @BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Or you are just unable to understand. Flagging this, just enough. "
Flagging isn't but stupidity of him not comprehending me and the same with him I think is. but also going about it the wrong way. BTW I didn't flag him.
yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By yinstarrunner
@Meowshi said:
You shouldn't be allowed to vote for things that violate the Constitution.  It doesn't matter how many people want it. 
Tell that to congress.  HUZZAH
x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#174  Edited By x_XJules

Thanks for the info! I hadn't heard about this yet. 

Yaaaaaaay :D

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#175  Edited By Cube

We are animals.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@BlackJedi said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:

" @BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Or you are just unable to understand. Flagging this, just enough. "
Flagging isn't but stupidity of him not comprehending me and the same with him I think is. but also going about it the wrong way. BTW I didn't flag him. "
Now that's something incomprehensible.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:

" @BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:

Why are you guys comparing 2 sex's getting married and the civil rights movements? You can't have your cake and eat it too. "
Because they both involve consenting adults and are in no way a form of rape.  Does that answer your question? "
How is that rape? A animal can consent to sex with a woman in other ways other then speaking.. This again goes to morals how low is too low once you break that barrier?
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

ALSO WAT IS A GOD.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
No.  It doesn't depend on anything.  Animals cannot legally give consent.  Period.  This is a law which has absolutely nothing to do with marriage. "
So animals can't give consent because they can' t speak? thats very flawed argument me thinks. "
That's fine.  It's not the argument I'm making.   

I'm saying that animals cannot legally give consent.  The reasons why they can't give consent are not important.  They legally cannot.  Just like children.

If your argument is that "this law can just be changed!", then you should be willing to admit that this argument has to apply to each and every time a law as ever been changed.  

Which means that you think the Civil Rights Act should have been illegal, because it could lead to civil rights for chairs and zebras. 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By HandsomeDead

BlackJedi is either a troll, an idiot or a try hard non conformist. The nightmare scenario is he's all three.

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By BlackJedi
@Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" Yeah but you are comparing race with sex. 2 totally different situations so I am bringing 2 totally different situations aswell...  Fair game. lol. "
You still have not explained how 2 people of the same sex getting married will lead to people somehow marrying animals. If you are going to use the floodgate approach please at least make some sense. "
I see no reason why it couldn't anything is possible and everyone has rights.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Oh, snap. I see the light, BlackJedi. I am simply not making sense. My incoherent and ill formed world view, unravelling before my eyes, crashing down like all matter in the universe falling back into itself, is both terrible and beautiful to behold. I stand transfixed before the onrushing storm,  awaiting the glorious transcendence of your perfect clarity to engulf my mind in supreme understanding
Or, maybe I am making sense, and you are bigoted and ignorant, it could really go either way. Lulz.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By actionTACO

damnit BlackJedi, the least you can do is start making some new arguments. you're really not helping me with this... 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if a man wanted to marry a centaur?

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By BlackJedi

hmmm am I free@HandsomeDead said:

" BlackJedi is either a troll, an idiot or a try hard non conformist. The nightmare scenario is he's all three. "
can I pick which one? you guys are all raging at me its like taking out an angry mob with pitch forks lol.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @EvilMuffin said:
It's simple.  People who are opposed to gay marriage, who aren't just homophobes, generally do so because of religious doctrine.  The problem is that they aren't opposed to it based on their own sense of morality, but rather they are opposed to it based on what their religious doctrine tells them their sense of morality should be.  This leads to them needed to find something that are actually morally opposed to (and would be without any religious backing), and then delude themselves into thinking that they (bestiality and homosexuality) are one in the same.  It's fascinating really. "
Not everyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage are homophobes... I have nothing against gays I just don't agree with gay marraige, I am talking about morals and you guys are talkign about Race and comparing it to gay marriage so why can't I do some comparing of my own? "
Because you're talking about rape.  I've said that several times.  
Gay marriage does not involve stripping someone of their rights.  Rape does.  Use your brain. 

And by the way, my post was a long-winded way of saying that you most likely aren't a homophobe.  Sorry you didn't understand it.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@TheSeductiveMoose said:

" What if a man and a centaur wanted to get married? "

Whatever not my problem when the marriage gets abusive.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By BlackJedi
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Oh, snap. I see the light, BlackJedi. I am simply not making sense. My incoherent and ill formed world view, unravelling before my eyes, crashing down like all matter in the universe falling back into itself, is both terrible and beautiful to behold. I stand transfixed before the onrushing storm,  awaiting the glorious transcendence of your perfect clarity to engulf my mind in supreme understanding
Or, maybe I am making sense, and you are bigoted and ignorant, it could really go either way. Lulz. "
And what if I am making sense but you are too bigoted and ignorant ? lulz.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:

" @Meowshi said:

" @BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:

" @BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:

Because they both involve consenting adults and are in no way a form of rape.  Does that answer your question? "
How is that rape? A animal can consent to sex with a woman in other ways other then speaking.. This again goes to morals how low is too low once you break that barrier? "
So, you don't think a human having sex with an animal is rape. 

Just perfect.   

I'm glad we've gotten you to admit this, at least. 

But like I said, animals cannot legally give consent.  It doesn't matter if they "actually want it".  It doesn't matter what they want.  Their animals.  Doing anything to them is rape, according to the law.  If you want to change the law (which you seem to want to do), then right your congressman.  Tell him you want legal bestiality right away.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @EvilMuffin said:
Not everyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage are homophobes... I have nothing against gays I just don't agree with gay marraige, I am talking about morals and you guys are talkign about Race and comparing it to gay marriage so why can't I do some comparing of my own? "
Because you're talking about rape.  I've said that several times.  Gay marriage does not involve stripping someone of their rights.  Rape does.  Use your brain.  And by the way, my post was a long-winded way of saying that you most likely aren't a homophobe.  Sorry you didn't understand it. "
You still haven't said how is that rape if those 2 are consenting why don't you use your brain?
DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#191  Edited By DVombatus
@astrotriforce said:
States like California?  You mean states that DON'T make the top 10 liberal States list?  States that, outside of a few large cities, are heavily rural and conservative? You've gobbled up the soundbite about "San Francisco values" and heard a few actors talk and assume you know a place.

Prop 8 won because of out of state, religious money buying ads to target the legion of rednecks who live here.

I wish conservatives really believed in what they said they do.  Government out of your lives.  But unfortunately they tack on a "unless you're a fucking homo, or black, or brown, or not Christian.  Then OUR government can tell you to do whatever the fuck I was brainwashed into thinking is "right:.""
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @EvilMuffin said:
Because you're talking about rape.  I've said that several times.  Gay marriage does not involve stripping someone of their rights.  Rape does.  Use your brain.  And by the way, my post was a long-winded way of saying that you most likely aren't a homophobe.  Sorry you didn't understand it. "
You still haven't said how is that rape if those 2 are consenting why don't you use your brain? "
Animals can't legally consent. 

Like I said, you seem to want to change this law so that they legally can.   

That's pretty sick, but I'm not judging you. 

I'm just letting you know what the law is right now. 

If the courts decide that a gay man cannot legally consent to gay sex, then you would be right.   

This however, will never happen.
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Lautaro
@BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
You still have not explained how 2 people of the same sex getting married will lead to people somehow marrying animals. If you are going to use the floodgate approach please at least make some sense. "
I see no reason why it couldn't anything is possible and everyone has rights. "
Wait what kind of argument is that, there is NO argument there.
phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By phlegms

About time. 

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
Not everyone.  Just consenting adults.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By actionTACO
@Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
Wait what kind of argument is that, there is NO argument there. "
whoa its like blackjedi is a really dumb troll or something
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @EvilMuffin said:
You still haven't said how is that rape if those 2 are consenting why don't you use your brain? "
Animals can't legally consent.  Like I said, you seem to want to change this law so that they legally can.    That's pretty sick, but I'm not judging you.  I'm just letting you know what the law is right now.  If the courts decide that a gay man cannot legally consent to gay sex, then you would be right.    This however, will never happen. "
I am telling you the law is already change for gay marriages, how low is too low? I personally don't want that to happen But I am saying it can, rather you think thats sick or not thats you like my views on gay marriages is me. There is other ways to consent other then speaking and writing. You guys aren't understanding that.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By BlackJedi
@actionTACO said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
whoa its like blackjedi is a really dumb troll or something "
wow its like actionTaco is a really dumb troll or something.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By actionTACO
@BlackJedi said:
" @actionTACO said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Lautaro said:
" @BlackJedi said:
whoa its like blackjedi is a really dumb troll or something "
wow its like actionTaco is a really dumb troll or something. "
hey could you say that gays cause aids or that marriage is for procreation or something so i at least have a chance to win anti-gay bingo. you're really bad at this :/
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#200  Edited By donutfever

Not in California, or even America, but good to hear!