Rate the last TV show you watched

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Inspired by this behemoth of a thread, I've decided to create a similar thread about TV shows. I'll kick it off first with one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Currently I'm a little over half way through the second season of Broadchurch, and man, that show is just excellent. The entire cast is superb, with David Tennant standing out as a true top list actor. This show proves that Tennant is a criminally underrated actor and leading man, so let's just hope he continues getting good roles in the future. Would rate Broadchurch a solid 5/5.

Aside from Broadchurch I'm also watching Westworld, which I love less than other people, but it's still a pretty good show. It's fun to have a mystery show along the lines of Lost again. Feels somewhat less cohesive than I hoped for though. Just waiting for the obvious revelation that some of the employees at the park are hosts. My money is on Bernard. I'd rate it 3/5.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Error52

(It's weird to hear you call David Tennant underrated considering in the UK he's pretty much a household name)

I've been watching "The Good Place", because AVClub gave it high ratings and it made me intrigued. It's a solid comedy. It's set in the afterlife, where a bureaucratic fuck-up causes a woman who's an arsehole to enter heaven instead of someone who is more deserving. The way it satirizes the afterlife is clever, and the characters are well-rounded despite most of them obviously meant to be, well, good. It's also got a legitimately intriguing plot. I will say, it's a lot more "clean" than I like my sitcoms to be, and it's burning through the whole "protagonist has to learn to be a good person arc" too quickly. 4/5.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@error52: Yeah, but he's not broken through in a way I would expect and want for a actor of his caliber. Viewing the IMDB future listings don't seem to show any real big stuff except for a picture with Gabriel Byrne and Elisabeth Moss. I'd like to see him in some major Hollywood productions in the near future. Hopefully Broadchurch 3 will be able to help him land bigger roles.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By LawGamer

I was unfortunate enough to catch a couple of minutes of the new "MacGuyver" atrocity. I don't know how anyone could have watched the original and then thought "You know how we modernize this? Let's make MacGuyver an smarmy, unlikable, millennial and make the plots convoluted versions of Mission: Impossible - Light."

And Lucas Till doesn't even have a proper mullet. Fuck this show and fuck the people who made it.

0/5

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took me a while, but I finally got to finish watching Luke Cage. It definitely was the weakest out of all the Netflix shows (even DD S2), but it was still way better than a lot of TV being broadcast nowadays. Probably would give LC a 7/10.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: Offda, yeah, that show can't be any good. I just looked at the casting on IMDB and noticed that Jack Dalton is some kind of badass CIA agent this time around? And one of the weakest attempts at modernizing or updating or whatever that I've seen in my life, is the change from Pete Thornton, semi-fat, bald man, to Patricia Thornton, long, dark haired beauty.