Oh shit.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Wes:   At least that song (as awful consumer oriented trash as it is) is actually a decent pop track.  It has a really nice boppy tune and a great hook.  Even Jeff would agree with that.
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#154  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Who is this bitch and why do they let her sing?

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#155  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I sense bad things!

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By JammyJesus

Very, very awful. 

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Arker101

This saddens me, but for 1,000 dollars, I too can make a song about my average boring life!
@dudeglove said:

" I hate to regurgitate the NeoGAF forum, but this recent gif is just... inspired.

"
This makes me less sad. 
SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#158  Edited By SMTDante89

Having not watched/listened yet, I can probably make the assumption this still is not as bad as brokeNCYDE.

thehowlingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By thehowlingman

i'd hit it

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By fisher81
@FancySoapsMan said:
" I thought she was somewhat attractive at first.  Then I realized that she's 13. "
Don't let that stop you. I wouldn't mind having to knock on all of my neighbors' doors to tell them that I fucked Rebecca Black
AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By AlmostSwedish
@dudeglove said:

" @Geno said:

" Well the good news is, the music industry can't possibly go lower than this.   Right?  "

I'm pretty sure Russia (and Eastern Europe in general) can do far worse:

"
Hey, there are plenty of great things from eastern europe.

I'll accept you apology in cash, thank you
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#162  Edited By fattony12000

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#163  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Fattony12000 said:
"
"
lmao. This is great.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By penguindust
@Wes said:

" Hey have you guys seen my designer jeans? 

"
This is actually much scarier because it signals a trend that any 13 year old girl armed with a Trapper Keeper full of inane scribblings can get a recording contract.  I would have hoped that Rebecca was a fluke but it seems not so.  I thought that Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" was about the most annoying sound to come from a pre-teen, but I stand corrected.  Besides, I'm pretty sure Willow didn't write that festering irritation whereas I believe Rebecca did.  If Jenna Rose didn't compose her anthem to teenage consumerism, then there is greater shame for whichever adult did.

I don't buy that excuse that Rebecca is 13 and what more can I expect from a young song writer?  Debbie Gibson was 14 when she wrote her chart topping hit, "Only In My Dreams".  Also, as far as performances go, the Kris Kross boys were 13 and 14 when they recorded "Jump", so stage talent can be found at a young age.   It doesn't have to be this abysmal cash-in that's so unimaginably bad that people have to ask, "Is this a joke?" 

I hope this is just an elaborate farce, otherwise 2012 can't come soon enough. 
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Hot_Karl
@PenguinDust: If you think "Whip My Hair" is one of the more annoying songs to come from pop music in a while, you're solely mistaken. "Whip My Hair" is actually very well done, not even just by the standards of pop music now, but just in general, it's an awesome song. And this comes from a guy who can't stand anything on the radio these days. 

Also, I think you guys might find this article very interesting. It explains a lot. 

EDIT Actually PenguinDust, you wouldn't be mistaken if Whip My Hair was the most annoying thing you've heard, it could very well be! I just think that out of all the songs the pop machine puts out, Whip My Hair is one of the least offensive.
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Marcsman

This is fucking awful
matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By matiaz_tapia

If you stop paying attention to it, it will go away eventually. 

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#168  Edited By GunslingerPanda

WHAT AM I WATCHING

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#169  Edited By Red12b
@Fattony12000 said:
"
"
if you did this, you are a genius. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By penguindust
@VinceNotVance:  I don't listen to much on the radio, (honest to God, last week was that first time I ever heard a Lady GaGa song!) so I came across Willow's song when I heard a TV show talk about it in relationship to her father and brother.  The production is good, and I don't mind the verses but I can't stand the chorus.  It's like nails on the chalk board for me.   The linked article was cool, especially the comments below the piece.

Here's another from the shysters at Ark Music Factory 

EDIT:  You know maybe Rebecca Black's song isn't so bad after all.  I was cruising around the web and I found this version by a singer-songwriter name Kyle Puccia over on the VH-1 "Best Week Ever" page.  It's reminds me of that James Blunt song. 

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By CastroCasper

Pffft, Best song to get through Rehab.

CmdrSheppard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By CmdrSheppard

The girl is hot.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Dingofighter

I don't like this... 
The lyrics are terrible, seriously, how can she say thursday comes before friday, that's just crazy!  
What's worse is that it isn't catchy in anyway, which has been the saving grace that has made some otherwise not-that-great songs okay to listen to.
I really don't hope this catches on and everyone starts playing this song everywhere...

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#174  Edited By KarlPilkington
@CmdrSheppard said:
" The girl is hot. "
Okkkkk, shall I be the one to call the police?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#175  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Like someone said on NeoGAF, you guys are being your own parents without even knowing it 
 this is whats new, this is the mentality and superficiality we have today. we cant identify with it because we appreciate more depth and meaning? thats fine. but the least we can do is understand why this exists today, and not be bothered by it 

humanity was never meant to be truly meaningful and deep. yes we have poets and epics and literature, yes we've made big discoveries etc.... but mankind, in day to day life, is just a superficial party animal..  
so stop acting like these kids are ruining our 'amazingly deep and poetic' society. its all the same superficial teen shit, it just got alot more shitty this generation

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By napalm
@VinceNotVance said:
" @GlenTennis: LOL. the thing about that song is that it's actually performed and written by 12-year-olds, of course it's insanely stupid. With "Friday", it's written and produced by professionals. That's what's so sad about the whole thing. "
A lot of pop-driven music is written by professionals and not the artist. Sometimes entire albums are, but more often than not it's usually one or two songs, upwards of at least half an album.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#177  Edited By Animasta
@Ahmad_Metallic: no one likes this dude, even people who like modern pop.
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Jayzilla

where's rick astley when you need him?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Laketown:  meaning myself ?
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By napalm
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" but mankind, in day to day life, is just a superficial party animal..  so stop acting like these kids are ruining our 'amazingly deep and poetic' society. its all the same superficial teen shit, it just got alot more shitty this generation "
So, do you generally enjoy, "missing the point," of topics, or what? This is probably the third or fourth time I've seen you respond with something that is almost entirely unrelated to the actual topic at hand.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Napalm:  yeah i do that occasionally, maybe i am now, im not sure
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By napalm
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Napalm:  yeah i do that occasionally, maybe i am now, im not sure "
Let me help you out: the shittiness of the video presented isn't the fact that it's superficial, it is the fact that the presentation is so offensively awful, and is so poorly written, even by pop standards,  that it cannot even be watched fully without puking, gagging, laughing hysterically, or all three of those during the course of the video. So yes, superficiality is certainly a part of why it's wrong, but it is the presentation of the video, the terrible lyrics and awkward performances that really nail home that this is literally, offensive to almost anybody who has ever listened to music, ever. That video, if we can legally call it that, is more than the sum of its parts in terms of awfulness.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
@dudeglove:  Sounded like I just got done playing a round of Space Channel 5. I don't know what she was singing about, but I sure did like that brass.

So do they pump this shit out thinking that it's good, or do they just ride the viral train all the way to the bank?
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Arbie

At first I wondered why you'd want to hurt my ears, what did I ever do to you? But then I saw the gifs....ahahahahahah

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185  Edited By Getz

It went viral precisely because it's so terrible. Then, its sheer infamy propelled it to the top of the iTunes charts. Think William Hung; a train-wreck that everybody wants to pay money to see.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Napalm said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
" @GlenTennis: LOL. the thing about that song is that it's actually performed and written by 12-year-olds, of course it's insanely stupid. With "Friday", it's written and produced by professionals. That's what's so sad about the whole thing. "
A lot of pop-driven music is written by professionals and not the artist. Sometimes entire albums are, but more often than not it's usually one or two songs, upwards of at least half an album. "
 Well yeah, of course. That's how pop music is and that's why I usually prefer people who write/produce their own music. Can't fault a bunch of 12 year old boys talking about how much they love video games, or Taylor Swift for writing about how her heart is broken all the time- that's what they know. I'll respect them for writing their own stuff, even if I don't particularly like the music. But when you can't even make a song produced for you sound good, that's when you know you've got it bad.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#187  Edited By Jazz

I don't get it.

fleethefactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By fleethefactory
@minorinya said:
" TRIGG GOT A NEW BLACKBERRY?! "
So wait, I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. You're trying to tell me that Trigg got a new Blackberry?
___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ___pocalypse

The part where she says party party party or whatever just reminds me of the Shin Chan english credits song (which I love):

I think the entire "Friday" song is pretty loleriffic, but it's sad that there are a bunch of losers on the internet are telling her she needs to die or kill herself. I mean, she's like 13 and super awkward and the song is probably a huge deal to her. So what if it's terrible? Gives us something to laugh at. On her Twitter she made a joke about who she pronounced "FRYEDAYY" so hey, at least she's a good sport.   
"Breakfast for dinner! I want fried eggs, fried eggs, really really want some fried eggs." 
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By napalm
@VinceNotVance: I almost think this was more of an open call for tween girls to star in a music video and "become a pop star!" She has a terrible voice, and it seems more as if she was thrust into the spotlight, and thinking awful producers could fix shit in the studio.
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By krazy_kyle

Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black need to be tossed into an industrial sized microwave and NUKED!!!
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Napalm: Yeah, like those "Barbazon" modeling centers where they kinda-sorta promise that they'll get your kid a modeling or TV gig, when in actuality there's a low chance that such a thing will happen. 

@___pocalypse: Shinchan creeps me out, dude. It's so weird and off-putting to me. 
___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ___pocalypse
@rottendevice said:
" Am I the only one who thinks the weirdest thing is there's a 30 year old rapper hanging out with some 13 year old girls? "
Well he's never actually seen hanging out with them, so maybe he just agrees with their awesome fun party filled lifestyle.
FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By FlyingRat

So... after making it through the entire video, i can only assume that this was a song about deciding whether to sit in the front or the back seat of a car...? Yes? No? Maybe?

Oh and of course fun, fun, fun, fun. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#195  Edited By citizenkane

I am seriously loosing it reading the NeoGaf thread.  So many epic GIFs.

Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#196  Edited By Wes

Wish I had something insightful to add about materialism and what not, all I have to offer is some of these crazy NeoGAF gifs!

EDIT: forgot one, sleep tight 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By citizenkane
Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By the_hiro_abides
@Gizmo said:

" @WarlordPayne said:

" @Wes said:

" Hey have you guys seen my designer jeans? 

"
Oh my god...that is actually worse. "
I'm truly shaken to the core by this video.   Also, why is there a random cut to a black guy who raps? Why do they keep doing that in modern music?   FUCKING JEANS LIKE ME "
Christ crackers! This is definitely worse. Them some ugly ass jeans.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By citizenkane

My jeans, my swag

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By the_hiro_abides
@dudeglove said:

" @Geno said:

" Well the good news is, the music industry can't possibly go lower than this.   Right?  "

I'm pretty sure Russia (and Eastern Europe in general) can do far worse:

"
Is this worse? I'm not sure. I don't understand most of it, it has a random dancing dude, and boobs. So, you know, it has that going for it.