Russians open up on vehicle filled with Reporters. (Dramatic!)

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DualReaver

CNN has a video here , where Russians opened up on a vehicle with three Turkish reporters in it.
One of them was shot in the eye.( Don't worry you can't really see it.)
They then show that they're press and surrender, the Russians then chase them away, even kicking the Camera man.

I can't believe no one was killed, they put a lot of rounds into the vehicle.
All the reporters are going to be okay, the injuries the man who was shot in the head sustained are not life-threatening.

Edit:

Apparently the vehicle was caught between Georgian and Russian crossfire.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Illmatic

My little bro came rushing down stairs to tell me about it just a few minutes earlier. Thank God they're okay.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blu_Magic
Illmatic said:
"My little bro came rushing down stairs to tell me about it just a few minutes earlier. Thank God they're okay."
Agreed.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By thebeast

Moved to Off-Topic as requested.

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

How would someone survive being shot in the eye?

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hughes
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"How would someone survive being shot in the eye?"
Hey, Big Boss did it.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DualReaver
MIALER_DAEMON said:
If his head is turned to the side, the bullet wouldn't pass through the important part of the head.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Wow the russians are really showing them selves to be asses russias killing them selves on the international scene.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
Hughes said:
"MIALER_DAEMON said:
Hey, Big Boss did it."
Lmao
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By hazelnutman
Hughes said:
"MIALER_DAEMON said:
Hey, Big Boss did it."
Hahahaha XD
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Wow the russians are really showing them selves to be asses russias killing them selves on the international scene."

It's not like things like this hasn't happened before, a lot of people are tortured in Iraq, and many civilians were killed and raped during Vietnam. It happens in every conflict.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DualReaver
Black_Rose said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Wow the russians are really showing them selves to be asses russias killing them selves on the international scene."

It's not like things like this hasn't happened before, a lot of people are tortured in Iraq, and many civilians were killed and raped during Vietnam. It happens in every conflict."
I agree shit happens in every war, just thought this video was interesting.
As for Russians being the "Bad" guys, I'm not really sure anymore.
Honestly I think Georgia is just as underhanded as Russia.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DualReaver
Black_Rose said:
"There's no bad guy in war, everyone is fucking themselves and their people, at least that's how i see it"
I understand and agree with you somewhat. Sometimes War is a necessity, WW2 is the best example for this.
While it wasn't necessary for Germany to try to conquer Europe, it was Necessary for someone to stop it.

When I said "bad" guy, I really meant who was the aggressor and cause for this mess.
DeathStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By DeathStar

Seeing how they like to shoot at  the press so much , I vote that the people from TMZ be sent out there =]

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15  Edited By Black_Rose
DualReaver said:
"Black_Rose said:
"There's no bad guy in war, everyone is fucking themselves and their people, at least that's how i see it"
I understand and agree with you somewhat. Sometimes War is a necessity, WW2 is the best example for this.
While it wasn't necessary for Germany to try to conquer Europe, it was Necessary for someone to stop it.

When I said "bad" guy, I really meant who was the aggressor and cause for this mess."
Fuck i deleted my post. Yeah i agree WW2 was necessary
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg

I watched the video and didn't personally hear them say that they were russian. I could barely hear the soldiers at all.

And the kicking the camera man was reasonable. He was lagging behind and filming the soldier who just shot at them.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"I watched the video and didn't personally hear them say that they were russian. I could barely hear the soldiers at all.

And the kicking the camera man was reasonable. He was lagging behind and filming the soldier who just shot at them."
One of the soldiers said davai davai (which means 'C'mon C'mon' in Russian).
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Black_Rose said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

It's not like things like this hasn't happened before, a lot of people are tortured in Iraq, and many civilians were killed and raped during Vietnam. It happens in every conflict."
*scratches head* i dont think i ever mentioned this never happening before... *looks at this post* nope no where did i say oh my god this has never happend before russia is unique in opening fire on civilians....
As for that im pretty sure alot of the other activities in the world aren't being done infront of cameras and news persons whom video tape it and then show them doing it, doesn't detract from the fact once this lil spat is over russia will have ruined their international image.
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"I watched the video and didn't personally hear them say that they were russian. I could barely hear the soldiers at all.

And the kicking the camera man was reasonable. He was lagging behind and filming the soldier who just shot at them."
One of the soldiers said davai davai (which means 'C'mon C'mon' in Russian)."
Didn't most people in South Ossetia speak russian and were russian citizens? If the majority of the area that was the origin of the war spoke russian, most of the other people in the area probably spoke russian, even the people on Georgia's side. As far as we know, it was just a Georgian who either knew better Russian than Georgian, or perhaps wanted to make his enemies look bad.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:

One of the soldiers said davai davai (which means 'C'mon C'mon' in Russian)."
Didn't most people in South Ossetia speak russian and were russian citizens? If the majority of the area that was the origin of the war spoke russian, most of the other people in the area probably spoke russian, even the people on Georgia's side. As far as we know, it was just a Georgian who either knew better Russian than Georgian, or perhaps wanted to make his enemies look bad."
No way of really knowing, either way those soldiers crossed a line.
stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stAtic

That's crazy.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By calf_exercises

I don’t know about other countries but most Australians are oblivious to this war and it is pissing me off. I'm not saying that no one doesn’t know that the war is going on but no one seem to know the details, and I I'm not going to blame people, I blame the media. In Thursday’s paper there was only on page on the war and it was page 20+, on Friday it was on page 25+and today in Saturdays paper its on 17. This is a war where people are dying when they shouldn’t be and it seems that the media doesn’t want to ruin the Olympic spirit. Even on the news the war would be lucky to get 5 mins of time. I truly don’t understand why the media isn’t letting people know what going on. I guess they think medals are more important.

BTW I'm not saying that all media and all people don’t care but the vast majority.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Arkthemaniac

And this is why civilians stay out of the goddamn warzone.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By pyromaniac

WOW...what the hell is wrong with Russia. They seem really really jumpy

DeathStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By DeathStar
pyromaniac said:
"WOW...what the hell is wrong with Russia. They seem really really jumpy"

I guess I would be jumpy  too  if people were trying to kill me.  I get jumpy if I walk through a bad neighborhood  ,  thats nothing compared to what these guy's have to go through.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By pyromaniac
DeathStar said:
"pyromaniac said:
"WOW...what the hell is wrong with Russia. They seem really really jumpy"

I guess I would be jumpy  too  if people were trying to kill me.  I get jumpy if I walk through a bad neighborhood  ,  thats nothing compared to what these guy's have to go through."
I dont know man...Shooting at everything that moves, especially when you are fucking up a country that has virtually no chance in hell of beating you. I would call that a little over jumpy
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
calf_exercises said:
"

I don’t know about other countries but most Australians are oblivious to this war and it is pissing me off. I'm not saying that no one doesn’t know that the war is going on but no one seem to know the details, and I I'm not going to blame people, I blame the media. In Thursday’s paper there was only on page on the war and it was page 20+, on Friday it was on page 25+and today in Saturdays paper its on 17. This is a war where people are dying when they shouldn’t be and it seems that the media doesn’t want to ruin the Olympic spirit. Even on the news the war would be lucky to get 5 mins of time. I truly don’t understand why the media isn’t letting people know what going on. I guess they think medals are more important.

BTW I'm not saying that all media and all people don’t care but the vast majority.

"
Actually, the reason why this isn't getting too much media attention is because there is always a war going on somewhere and it would just be fucking depressing to report on every one, especially the ones that don't concern the country the newspaper belongs to.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Absurd

Crazy

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolemnOaf

"the injuries the man who was shot in the head sustained are not life-threatening. "  - does not compute.  life-threatening by who's definition?  I had a good laugh about that.

most americans don't know that more journalists died in the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts than in any other war since WWII.  Let's try not to be hypocritical, shall we?

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Origina1Penguin
This thread was up first, but this one already has way more posts.

From the video, it looked like one guy in the car got hit, but hopefully he made off okay.  Did they take their shirts off to wrap his wound?
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
SolemnOaf said:
""the injuries the man who was shot in the head sustained are not life-threatening. "  - does not compute.  life-threatening by who's definition?  I had a good laugh about that.

most americans don't know that more journalists died in the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts than in any other war since WWII.  Let's try not to be hypocritical, shall we?"
Contrary to popular belief, shot in the head does not mean immediate death. It could mean he got shot in the cheek, jaw, ear, nose, eye, jaw, etc. The only certain death place someone could get shot would be the heart. Even shot in the brain =/= death sometimes.
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SolemnOaf

i know it's possible, it just seems to me that if you're shot in the face and lose sight in one eye you've pretty damn well sustained life-threatening injuries.  If left untreated, it most likely would be fatal.  Just because modern medicine can provide more and better care than previously, doesn't mean that serious injuries should be re-categorized. 
I really don't know what the hell i'm even talking about here, it was just funny to read that sentence.

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
SolemnOaf said:
"i know it's possible, it just seems to me that if you're shot in the face and lose sight in one eye you've pretty damn well sustained life-threatening injuries.  If left untreated, it most likely would be fatal.  Just because modern medicine can provide more and better care than previously, doesn't mean that serious injuries should be re-categorized. 
I really don't know what the hell i'm even talking about here, it was just funny to read that sentence."
i can tell. People lose eyes all the time, and i dont think that pirates had the best medicine yet they lost eyes so often it was a stereotype. if he got shot in the eye it might have gone off to the side and not even hit his brain.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By serbsta

Theyre scaring off reporters, in my opinion they have the right to do so, all theyre doing is claiming false information about them and feeding people crap through mainstream media, Russia isnt the bad guy here people...

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Oriental_Jams

World War Three here we come (probably not though).

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By serbsta
Oriental_Jams said:
"World War Three here we come (probably not though)."
Doubt it.
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
serbsta said:
"Theyre scaring off reporters, in my opinion they have the right to do so, all theyre doing is claiming false information about them and feeding people crap through mainstream media, Russia isnt the bad guy here people..."
Holy shit for once i agree with you.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By serbsta
Bnfbnggbfg said:
"serbsta said:
"Theyre scaring off reporters, in my opinion they have the right to do so, all theyre doing is claiming false information about them and feeding people crap through mainstream media, Russia isnt the bad guy here people..."
Holy shit for once i agree with you."
Woot! xD
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DualReaver
serbsta said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"serbsta said:
Woot! xD"
I don't agree totally yet, but I hardly think Georgia is really innocent in all this.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By serbsta
DualReaver said:
"serbsta said:
"Bnfbnggbfg said:
"serbsta said:
Woot! xD"
I don't agree totally yet, but I hardly think Georgia is really innocent in all this."
Georgia attacked first, Russia has the right to defend itself and its people like any other nation, i think the media is really exaggerating and even lying in some cases.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By xruntime

I don't understand how you can call Georgia the bad guy when the INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BORDERS insist that South Ossetia is part of Georgia.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DualReaver
xruntime said:
"I don't understand how you can call Georgia the bad guy when the INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BORDERS insist that South Ossetia is part of Georgia."
The people who live there, feel they're part of Russia, and many have Russian citizenships.
Russia at best is defending what they consider their "people".

As I said somewhere else it's too early to tell, who's the bad guy.
The military operation in South Ossetia might've been far worse than let on, borderline genocide perhaps? At an attempt to unify the country and secure their place in NATO.

Also didn't President of Georgia lie about his country's capital being captured? That alone makes me doubt a lot of what Georgia says is the whole truth.