• 73 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Do you think it's a deserved win? A lot of the better singers got voted out early.  

Edit: personally, I would've been fine with either James, Haley, Pia, or Casey winning. I didn't even think Scotty deserved to be in the top 24. So many of his notes fall flat.  

@JTMosh said:

Is he the smirky dude they always showed on The Soup? I didn't like that guy's face.
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I have no idea what this is about.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jasta

Scotty? Winning? Singing?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

What the fuck are you talking about?

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I think he's talking about American Idol. Honestly though, if you don't want him to be successful then you should be glad he won. The runner up is usually more successful.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By elyhaym

So what you are saying is that Scotty from Star Trek won a singing contest? I'm absolutely lost here.

Avatar image for arrested_developer
Arrested_Developer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son of a.  It hasn't played on the west coast yet.  Take it easy on the spoiler thread names, especially when Giant Bomb posts new topics on the front page.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
@TheMustacheHero said:
I think he's talking about American Idol.
I'm from Europe, is that like EuroVision?
karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By karatetron

What are you talking about?

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cnlmullen

I was hoping for Casey, then James, then Haley and, finally, settled for Scotty when everyone else got voted off.  

He was an early favorite of mine, but I don't think he deserved to win it. I liked him better than Lauren though. 

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@KaosAngel said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
It's like....X factor?
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mighty

Thank God American Idol is over. 

CableCarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CableCarrier

Personally, I was pulling for the guy what sang "Living for the City." 

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jtmosh

Is he the smirky dude they always showed on The Soup? I didn't like that guy's face.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cnlmullen
@KaosAngel said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
It's like Eurovision, but they are young amateurs who sing popular songs karaoke style. It's bad, but at least they are singing popular songs and not that random weird stuff you hear on Eurovision.  
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JasonR86

Is he Scottish?  By GOD if he's not Scottish there will be HELL to pay!

EDIT:

I just looked at his picture in the update OP.  He kinda looks like a douche bag.  Granted, I'm just looking at a picture but still...total douche bag.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Commando

Scotty was my favorite. I liked him since I saw his audition. 

Lauren is just Carrie Underwood pt 2.  -  A pop singer that abuses the country genre because it's less saturated.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By lead_farmer
@Empirepaintball said:
Thank God American Idol is over. 
Yeah, but for how long?  I feel like that show is always on.
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cnlmullen
@JasonR86: No, he's actually a Brad Shoemaker doppelganger. 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

Casey should have won, lets just leave it at that.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Commando

It's cute watching all these people pretend like they don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to not watch mainstream shows, so they're all acting like they don't watch the news, listen to the radio, or go to news websites.   

Edit: Well apparently I pissed off half the internet. If you live in another country you have an excuse. But in America it's very difficult to not know about it. When I go to work and listen to the radio, I hear about American Idol. When I open the newspaper, it's in the entertainment section and sometimes on the front page if news is slow. When I change the TV to CNN, they often discuss American Idol. When I go to a news website like USAToday.com or CNN.com, they talk about it. 
It's hard to NOT hear about American Idol.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hot_Karl
@H2Oyea: That looks like Brad so goddamn much. Not that Brad's a douchebag (not at all), but ...there's a resemblance there. 

Also, dude's born in 1993, which freaks me the fuck out. I'm at that point in my life where A.I. winners/contestants are significantly younger than me.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

awww, i was hoping for the hot girl. i didn't watch this season. i only watch american idol in the beginning of the season because i think it's funny to watch the people make a fool of themselfs. they go on start crying because they didn't make it. there are some freaks that show up on the auditions.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dillonwerner

Like SXE Phil said, looks like he lives with his mother and buries bodies under the floor boards.
 EDIT: I hate his smirk.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WickedFather
@KaosAngel said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
It's just like it, but imagine every transgendered person in our version replaced with 2 hillbillys with mullets and tiny scars around the neck area from shotgun pellets cos Zeke borrowed mah dungarees wiyout assskin.
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

My sister will be pleased. I could not care less personaly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Brad Shoemaker **Twitter**
Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Commando said:

It's cute watching all these people pretend like they don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to not watch mainstream shows, so they're all acting like they don't watch the news, listen to the radio, or go to news websites.   So cute.

Well a lot of them are from Europe...
Drifballoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Drifballoon

American Idol's still on? And people still watch it?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Solh0und

This reminds me....Whiskey Media should have a site dedicated to music.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Toxin066

Scotty has an outstanding country voice. I'm satisfied with his victory. Of the final two, he is superior.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Afroman269
@Commando said:
It's cute watching all these people pretend like they don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to not watch mainstream shows, so they're all acting like they don't watch the news, listen to the radio, or go to news websites.   So cute.
I legitimately had no clue as to what the OP was talking about. After going to google, I was surprised to realize that the American Idol season was still ongoing. I'm sorry that you're more in tuned with mainstream network television?
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By donchipotle

Didn't Simon leave that show thus taking away the only thing people watched that show for?

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bribo

Did he win a Curious George lookalike contest?

CableCarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CableCarrier
@Toxin066: I agree that he has a great country voice. Very Randy Travis-ish, as I hear it.
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beej
@Commando: No, I literally had no idea what the OP was talking about. I don't pay for cable so why/how would I know about this? Am I being cute right now?

Edit: and insofar as news is concerned I don't ever watch television news, and I tend to gloss over the entertainment section. Sorry if there's nothing about American Idol on Al Jazeera.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Doctorchimp
@KaosAngel said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
I thought you were a New York native...
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Commando
@Afroman269 said:

@Commando said:

I legitimately had no clue as to what the OP was talking about. After going to google, I was surprised to realize that the American Idol season was still ongoing. I'm sorry that you're more in tuned with mainstream network television?
Well when I go to work they talk about American Idol on almost every radio station. Change the TV to CNN, and they talk about American Idol.  
Read the newspaper, and they talk about American Idol. Go to any news website, they talk about it.

I mean I don't see how anyone could not know about it.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Commando said:
I really had no fucking clue....

Sorry I don't watch TV that much, I'm obviously just being a dickhead for the internet cool points....
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By beej
@Commando: Well I think it's flattering you find me cute, I mean I bet you live a ways away from me, what with your Auburn avatar, but we can make it work if we believe in the power of love.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Afroman269
@Commando: I barely watch television unless it's for occasional headlines and daily stock market talk. I don't read the newspaper and I haven't visited any websites that mentioned American Idol except for Screened, which I just went on 5 minutes ago. Oh, and the people at my work don't care for mainstream t.v. so yaa......don't assume people are acting like an "elitist" because they don't know what the OP was talking about is all I'm saying. 
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Commando
@beej said:
@Commando: Well I think it's flattering you find me cute, I mean I bet you live a ways away from me, what with your Auburn avatar, but we can make it work if we believe in the power of love.
Love conquers all. We can get through anything.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Daveyo520

I am really surprised American Idol is still a thing that people talk about. 

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hatking
@Commando said:
@Afroman269 said:

@Commando said:

Well when I go to work they talk about American Idol on almost every radio station. Change the TV to CNN, and they talk about American Idol.  Read the newspaper, and they talk about American Idol. Go to any news website, they talk about it. I mean I don't see how anyone could not know about it.
It's pretty easy.  I own an ipod, so I don't listen to the radio.  I have netflix, so I don't watch cable.  And I have the internet, so I don't buy the newspaper. 
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheFreeMan

I feel that either the dude who sung all the rock songs or the dude who played the standup...bass...thing should have won. I can never remember their names. Once they got voted out I stopped watching.

CableCarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CableCarrier
@Daveyo520: Me too, kinda. Like, I figured that the show wasn't long for the world once Simon Cowell left. But I guess it's doing fine? 
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Daveyo520 said:
I am really surprised American Idol is still a thing that people talk about. 
When Commando talked about how he knew the contestants and who won because it was all over the place in his life for a moment it was like this weird alternate history where American Idol was still the freshest thing on TV.

Like I knew Steve Tyler and Jennifer Lopez was on it now, but that's it.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BraveToaster
@Commando said:

It's cute watching all these people pretend like they don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to not watch mainstream shows, so they're all acting like they don't watch the news, listen to the radio, or go to news websites.    Edit: Well apparently I pissed off half the internet. If you live in another country you have an excuse. But in America it's very difficult to not know about it. When I go to work and listen to the radio, I hear about American Idol. When I open the newspaper, it's in the entertainment section and sometimes on the front page if news is slow. When I change the TV to CNN, they often discuss American Idol. When I go to a news website like USAToday.com or CNN.com, they talk about it. It's hard to NOT hear about American Idol.

It's cute watching people say that it's cute that other people don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to pretend that people who don't watch American Idol-- which in all honesty, lost it's appeal after the third season-- are a group of non-conforming mouth-breathers.  

They didn't know who Scotty was, why the are you acting like everyone in America is watching American Idol? Did I miss the "Watch American Idol Everyday" rule when I was reading the "How To Be A Real American" handbook? Whenever I check news online, I don't go to the Entertainment section, because I don't consider that relevant and I'm sure that several people do the same.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By Cube

Who still watches American Idol? 

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Commando
@Axxol said:
@Commando said:

It's cute watching all these people pretend like they don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to not watch mainstream shows, so they're all acting like they don't watch the news, listen to the radio, or go to news websites.    Edit: Well apparently I pissed off half the internet. If you live in another country you have an excuse. But in America it's very difficult to not know about it. When I go to work and listen to the radio, I hear about American Idol. When I open the newspaper, it's in the entertainment section and sometimes on the front page if news is slow. When I change the TV to CNN, they often discuss American Idol. When I go to a news website like USAToday.com or CNN.com, they talk about it. It's hard to NOT hear about American Idol.

It's cute watching people say that it's cute that other people don't know what the OP is talking about. Apparently on the internet it's cool to pretend that people who don't watch American Idol-- which in all honesty, lost it's appeal after the third season-- are a group of non-conforming mouth-breathers.   They didn't know who Scotty was, why the are you acting like everyone in America is watching American Idol? Did I miss the "Watch American Idol Everyday" rule when I was reading the "How To Be A Real American" handbook? Whenever I check news online, I don't go to the Entertainment section, because I don't consider that relevant and I'm sure that several people do the same.
Woah there cowboy, calm down. 
First, I said nothing about watching it. I talked about your daily lives and routine ways of hearing it. And I understand how some people might not care about what's going on in the world so they cut off all news sources. 
But I found it odd that the entire first page is full of people who specifically went out of their way to ask "who's he?" when they could've just ignored the thread since it didn't have anything to do with them.