Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Mate 4 Life
Mate 4 Life

Run a Google search for "Snake Eater" and a plethora of results will pop up.  Varying from Solid Snake to Indian Cobra tamers.  Video games to real life adventurers, constantly pushing their limits and forcing life to the edge.  If you keep wading through the waters of information, you'll eventually stumble onto one adventurer.  That will leave you questioning your own path.

Bear Grylls.  British special forces, parachuter, mountaineer, master survivalist turned US television sensation.  A beast, in the form of man.  A real life snake eater! Man VS Wild!

There is no denying the fact, that this man pushes his own limits, over the edge.  Knowingly seeking out challenges and
Screw waiting...
Screw waiting...
obstacles, just to over come and explain how to push through the brush.  Make fire in the rain of a tropical jungle, stalk unsuspecting crocodiles, or just spear fish in the pitch black of night.  Using nothing but a torch and handmade spear.  Bear is a man's man, and real life Naked Snake.

We all know Snake or maybe more appropriate.  Naked Snake, Big Boss from the games Metal Gear.  Taught to overcome the over growth of war and nature, to complete his mission. Over and above all, endure to survive. Can inspire, like all great characters and like Bear himself.  To not just sit and wait, but to jump forth and take what is ours.  Inspiring us to live.

Many adventures have come and gone. Some left a scar on our hearts, while others make you laugh...  But Bear is the only one that wont let me turn away and makes me want to jump, just to see if I can.  I morbidly can't tear my eyes off the screen, as he three point climbs a 200 foot cliff.   Jumps into an ice covered Alaskan lake, and over a fifty foot gorge to grab a vine, Rambo style.  Bear is willing to  sacrifice his all, just for the adrenaline and  knowledge learned only through completion.   Someone once explained when asked why they climbed Mount Everest, that they did it because "It was there."

A Master, who gave his all. To enrich our lives.
A Master, who gave his all. To enrich our lives.
Now there are few, who question his methods and tactics.  But all are without merit. Say what you will about his crew, or where he sleeps or other possible  paths.  But there is no denying the fact, the he risks his life for the thrill of living and knowledge, in almost every episode.  Others wait and waddle around deserts in sweat pants and no underwear. Hoping to stumble upon bits of food.  While Bear Grylls jumps in and takes what he needs to live.  Because he can.

One man, overweight from "thinking" sits and waits.  While the other takes.  Choose whom ever you want, to be by your side and I'll choose mine.   Just make sure you note, which one climbed Everest.  Which one is special forces trained.  Which one broke his back by falling over 1000 feet and survived.  Which one only uses a knife.  Which one knows you have to risk it all and not cling to what little you have.

I for one, can't wait to see Bear's next challenge.  Can't wait to see what limits are set by nature for him to hurdle over.  While others are off watching some weirdo with no underwear wriggle around a swamp.  Holding up his sweat pants, trying to find food and not get dirty.  Rarely doing much at all, other then giving you a badly spoken history lesson.  I'll be thinking, "Holy Crap!  I can't believe Bear just jumped on it's back and stabbed it in the spine!"  "Wonder what that tastes like raw?!"

Only one is the true spiritual heir to the Crocodile Hunter's throne!  You can walk, while I'll run!  But I know, without any doubt.  That Bear Grylls fuels his ride with pure adrenaline and primal instinct.  God by his side, pushing ever forth taking me along for the ride.  Red eyed and mouth-breathing for more!

No Caption Provided

Note; I don't completely hate Survivorman. I just like Bear, a hell of a lot more.  I also watch them both, most likely for different reasons then you.  Also, I couldn't find any good photos of Naked snake eating in-game.  Which would have fit in, nicely.   If you hate bear, then I don't mean to offend.  This is just my opinion on a great show.   ^ ^
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By randiolo

But can this guy kill a alligator, wear its head as a disguise, get shot in the eye, destroy a metal gear and get cloned. il give him one season to do it.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_destroyer

I love the captions,nice blog :).

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By auspiciousqueue

If I were ever lost, I would ask myself what Bear Grylls would do. And that would probably be eating something nasty and dousing urine on myself.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RetroIce4

One does simply not walk into Mordor!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

He is awesome. I like Bruce Parry and Ray Mears also. I have actually been to a lecture of the latter.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Gunner

Bear Grylls is a fake.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers