So Much For That

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Edited By breadfan
Recently I have not been playing any new games, well except for one bad exception.  About two weeks ago my friend and I both bought Lord of the Rings Conquest and boy are we regretting that purchase after about an hour.  First of all, both of us are pretty big Lord of the Rings fans and we thought that we would love this game.  I mean Star Wars Battlefront + Lord of the Rings, what could go wrong?  Well a lot actually.

His face says wonders for this game
For one the game's two campaigns only last about an hour a piece and they do not offer much individually.  The evil campaign is mostly the same levels and concepts as the good campaign with different outcomes and missions to kill the heroes of the books and films.  So after about two hours of playing through the campaigns on co-op we jumped into the online.  That lasted about five minutes.

I could rant on about Conquest for pages, but I will end it there.  I will mention quickly that I only bought the game to play with my friend and his 360 decided to red ring the day after we played, so now I have no use for the game.

Damn You!
Damn You!
As for good games, I have been playing some more Left 4 Dead which I still find amazing.  I have not played it in a month or so and I played some of Death Toll on expert which did not end in our favor.  That new content that is coming soon will definitely be a welcomed addition to the game that will keep me playing even more.  After all zombies will always need to be killed in many ways.

My zombie kills stack up to about 13,500 so the Zombie Genocidest achievement is pretty far off

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By breadfan
Recently I have not been playing any new games, well except for one bad exception.  About two weeks ago my friend and I both bought Lord of the Rings Conquest and boy are we regretting that purchase after about an hour.  First of all, both of us are pretty big Lord of the Rings fans and we thought that we would love this game.  I mean Star Wars Battlefront + Lord of the Rings, what could go wrong?  Well a lot actually.

For one the game's two campaigns only last about an hour a piece and they do not offer much individually.  The evil campaign is mostly the same levels and concepts as the good campaign with different outcomes and missions to kill the heroes of the books and films.  So after about two hours of playing through the campaigns on co-op we jumped into the online.  That lasted about five minutes.

I could rant on about Conquest for pages, but I will end it there.  I will mention quickly that I only bought the game to play with my friend and his 360 decided to red ring the day after we played, so now I have no use for the game.

Damn You!
Damn You!
As for good games, I have been playing some more Left 4 Dead which I still find amazing.  I have not played it in a month or so and I played some of Death Toll on expert which did not end in our favor.  That new content that is coming soon will definitely be a welcomed addition to the game that will keep me playing even more.  After all zombies will always need to be killed in many ways.

My zombie kills stack up to about 13,500 so the Zombie Genocidest achievement is pretty far off

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

You shoulda played the demo for Conquest dude. Any other LOTR nerd coulda told you it was a failure.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

that Left 4 Dead run went sour as soon as EndBoss left - The AI sucks balls on Expert. Also we got tank after tank with no Molotovs? It wasn't going to end well...

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By breadfan

Yeah we could have made it if EndBoss was still with us.  That fourth level was a bitch, we would get so close to finishing and then horrible things would happen

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
Sweep said:
"that Left 4 Dead run went sour because we didn't have the 1337n3ss of jakob187 on our team"
FIXED!!!
Either way, I honestly don't think the new "content" for Left 4 Dead is worthwhile.  Horde mode + unlocking two campaigns for versus...and that's it?  No NEW campaigns?  I just don't care much for it.  Also, I don't think that we should have to pay to unlock the two campaigns.  They were shipped in the retail version with a mode that was shipped in the retail version.  That's just a flat-out ripoff!!!  Oh well, though.

Sorry to hear that you also got conned by the sadness of LOTR: Conquest.  Glad I played the demo and quickly realized how bad it was.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By breadfan

Here is my view of the DLC.  The inclusion of Dead Air and Death Toll in versus should be free no matter what because that should have been put in the game from launch.  I can see maybe charging for Survival though, but if it is anything more than 400 MS points I am not buying it.  Hopefully Valve is able to release it for free on Xbox Live like they are doing for the PC, but who knows with Microsoft

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
Br3adfan said:
"Here is my view of the DLC.  The inclusion of Dead Air and Death Toll in versus should be free no matter what because that should have been put in the game from launch.  I can see maybe charging for Survival though, but if it is anything more than 400 MS points I am not buying it.  Hopefully Valve is able to release it for free on Xbox Live like they are doing for the PC, but who knows with Microsoft"
400 MS points is still sort of hefty for that.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By breadfan

It depends on what the new mode actually is.  If it adds a lot of longevity and new game play to the scenarios I will have no problem buying it, but if it is just a drawn out version of the finales I won't get it at all

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Death Toll is the last campaign I need to beat on expert for the achievement. I may or may not go for the 1,000 points from that game, as all I have left are Zombie Genocidest, What Are You Trying to Prove?, Jump Shot, and Red Mist.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Xandurson

Conquest didn't look that good so I won't buy it. Sorry you did. As for L4D, it is a GREAT game. Good luck on genocidest . I have pretty far to go still as well.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

Left 4 Dead is awesome. Conquest...not so much. Maybe ya should've checked some reviews first, but, well, you learned your lesson ;) Still, L4D is well worth investing time into.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By breadfan

I will be honest in saying that Conquest scratches that pointless hack and slash itch, but besides that I can't find much good for it

tiggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By tiggerboy

Dude, we GOTTA play some L4D together bro!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By c1337us

I was disapointed to hear about the games faliure, I am glad I didnt go out and buy it.

Keep it up in Left4Dead too, the genocide achievement still might be far off but your a fair few more zombies closer to it then I am.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By breadfan
tiggerboy said:
"Dude, we GOTTA play some L4D together bro!"
We do Sean