• 117 results
stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@berserker976 said:

Anyone else find this thread a bit disgusting? A man is dead, is it really appropriate to be making light of that?

Wow, way to drive the mood of the thread down.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@berserker976 said:

Anyone else find this thread a bit disgusting? A man is dead, is it really appropriate to be making light of that?

Wow, way to drive the mood of the thread down.

Don't worry about they're probably just tired.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By villainy

I just wanted to share this from the article page

Too true.
Too true.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AMyggen

Given all the fucked up stories about Suge Knight over the years, and how he never seemed to slow down, this isn't surprising at all. That guy has always been a maniac.

xhaktmtjdnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By xhaktmtjdnf

All I really want to add to this discussion is well, there certainly is room to make a joke about all of the crazy Suge Knight stories being true, but let's also remember a man was killed in a rather unpleasant way.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: My thoughts exactly; Violent maniac does violent maniacal things. More news at eleven. Just lock him up for life already.

@xhaktmtjdnf: Agreed. And in that light I would like to suggest mocking and ridiculing the fucker himself, instead of merely making driving related puns.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit early to be making jokes about this isn't it?

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making a joke does not equal disrespect. Gallows humor exists for a reason. If you aren't into the type of humor you see, that's fine but telling people they are wrong/disgusting/to stop is, well, wrong.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit early to be making jokes about this isn't it?

It is but that is not stopping people it seems.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Man, I I really thought Suge Knight had turned a corner in his life, what with the shooting earlier this year. Having been faced with his own mortality, you'd think he'd be capable of getting revved up without deigning to kill a man. Then again, life-style like that, it's no surprise he started drifting out of control.

Seriously, though, guys. A man got killed, and another ended up seriously injured. Let's stall the puns for a while, shall we?

What I'd like to know is why the hell he was allowed bail at all. He followed his victims to be, strangers, and drove them down with his car in a fit of fury. That's not the kind of person you set loose. Especially not if they're desperate.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This thread is pretty incredible.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#64  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

The man killed was Terry Carter from the original Battlestar Galactica. This story just keeps getting weirder...

Source

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#JustSugeKnightThings

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I read Knight just backed up with his car and supposedly accidently killed him but drove off in a rage.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read Knight just backed up with his car and supposedly accidently killed him but drove off in a rage.

That's still vehicular manslaughter and obstruction of justice.

vucubcaquix88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vucubcaquix88
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, jokes aside, I think I heard that one before.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@hh said:

@geirr said:

Might just be the childish Norwegian in me, but Suge Knight is a really funny name.

it's pronounced 'Shug'.

i've always found it really annoying how he spells it. everyone should just start calling him 'Surge'.

Oh really? I've literally no clue who he is.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Corevi
@geirr said:

He's the former CEO of a very profitable rap label. Very frequently gets in trouble with the cops.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bybeach
@geirr said:

@hh said:

@geirr said:

Might just be the childish Norwegian in me, but Suge Knight is a really funny name.

it's pronounced 'Shug'.

i've always found it really annoying how he spells it. everyone should just start calling him 'Surge'.

Nor should you. it is at best an Americana type thing, though I suppose Europeans into the genres/world-view he presented just might. He always seemed to be a dick to me. Living the gangsta dream, I guess.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh God this whole post just turned into reddit.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How he's avoided this happening so long is the more surprising thing. That guy has probably murdered people in the past.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@bybeach said:
@geirr said:

@hh said:

@geirr said:

it's pronounced 'Shug'.

Nor should you. it is at best an Americana type thing, though I suppose Europeans into the genres/world-view he presented just might. He always seemed to be a dick to me. Living the gangsta dream, I guess.

He's a fucking idiot. He is the Jose Canseco of rap.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I'm not defending Suge Knight, don't get me wrong. It might still all be a very unfortunate coalescense of events.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiphyer said:

He's a fucking idiot. He is the Jose Canseco of rap.

The only difference is that other people shoot at Suge and Jose shoots himself.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I apologize for joining in and cracking wise earlier in this thread. Gallows humor isn't a bad thing by nature (in fact, it's a damn effective coping strategy), and Suge Knight deserves scorn for years of being an irredeemable asshole, but I feel bad unintentionally lumping the victim in with it.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

+100 Street Cred.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He suge-a known better than to drive angry.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@wolfgame said:

@zeik:

@humanity said:

@berserker976 said:

The very same boards where people discuss the importance of normal looking female characters in video games with grave seriousness. Life is funny that way.

we went through the same damn thing when paul walker died, the first several pages were nothing but disrespectful jokes at the expense of someones life.

Yep, and it was embarrassing then too.

GB, like every website under the sun, is full of double standards. Sad but true. If anyone here were to make even a half disparaging joke about Ryan Davis' death they would be rightly crucified.

But we don't know these people so fuck it, say what you want.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
@zolroyce said:

Making a joke does not equal disrespect. Gallows humor exists for a reason. If you aren't into the type of humor you see, that's fine but telling people they are wrong/disgusting/to stop is, well, wrong.

No one's demanded it stop; they're only asking you to exercise tact.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_lafayette said:

@zolroyce said:

According to many, "exercising tact" means "stop."

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: According to people who don't understand what tact is you mean, such as the person you quoted.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
@oldirtybearon said:

@jack_lafayette said:

@zolroyce said:

There are ways to be funny about somber subjects without GOOFIN' IT UP 24/7, but sure, not making jokes about a recent death would also be a reasonable course of action.

@fredchuckdave: Thanks, I really needed that kick-me-down, today.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man... if this happened in a state with death penalty this would be even weirder.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_lafayette said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@jack_lafayette said:

@zolroyce said:

There are ways to be funny about somber subjects without GOOFIN' IT UP 24/7, but sure, not making jokes about a recent death would also be a reasonable course of action.

You're not wrong, but I think where you're running into a problem is that you're trying to project your personal beliefs and values onto strangers on the Internet. Other people probably don't feel the same way you do about this, while others most certainly will. The best course of action is to either A) ignore it, or B) flag and move on. Appeals to emotional duress over the subject only invites shit-flinging. If the moderators of these forums feel that stupid pun jokes violate the rules of the forum, they'll act accordingly. If they don't, well, rest easy in knowing that you're morally superior because you would never make an off-colour joke about a tragic event.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@oldirtybearon: I don't feel that asking people to better consider their words would naturally lead to conflict, and "flag and move on" is not a fix-all solution. Hell, normally I wouldn't even have the example of a person literally ten comments up apologizing for their actions after considering what others have said. This isn't about informing others of your own opinion, it's about helping them apply what they know more effectively.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@milkman: Vanilla Ice survived an encounter with him.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#90  Edited By monkeyking1969

Well, of course he did. Some people are just like that, they simply won't acclimatize to new situations, it comes down to simple fear. "Oh no! Someone doesn't respect me (despite the fact I do very little worth of respect). I will get them...I will show them."

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Suge Knight has had more attempts on his life than Hitler at this point. I know this joke doesn't really apply to this particular situation but I wanted to make it anyway.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_lafayette: It's the internet man, don't take it too seriously. Also I don't understand the appeal of Giant Bomb if you do take the internet seriously.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Suge Knight continues to be a terrifying figure (and a menace to society).

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ottoman673

How is this any different from a typical Suge Night?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I pray someone makes the sequel to Shovel Knight and just calls it Sugar Knight. Instead of a shovel he would have a car...made out of sugar?

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_lafayette: It's the internet man, don't take it too seriously. Also I don't understand the appeal of Giant Bomb if you do take the internet seriously.

I take people seriously, whether or not I can see their face. Maybe reconsider the implications of insulting someone and then telling them how they should interpret your insult.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave said:

I take people seriously, whether or not I can see their face. Maybe reconsider the implications of insulting someone and then telling them how they should interpret your insult.

thank you, to think we can have these hug box threads about respecting others in gaming that run hundreds of posts where we congratulate ourselves for celebrating diversity, but an astounding number of people don't seem to have the self awareness to realize that it just MIGHT be inappropriate to roll out weak jokes while a family is planning a funeral.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I could believe that honestly. I know I've had a vehicle i was driving in reverse and forgot that it wasn't in drive before. The only problem is any sane person after said accident happened would stay there and call 911.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By stonyman65

How much you wanna bet he was drunk and/or on drugs at the time?

Also, how the FUCK is he not in prison right now? A dude with a history like that probably shouldn't be walking around on the streets.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

@zeik:

@humanity said:

@berserker976 said:

The very same boards where people discuss the importance of normal looking female characters in video games with grave seriousness. Life is funny that way.

we went through the same damn thing when paul walker died, the first several pages were nothing but disrespectful jokes at the expense of someones life.

Yep, and it was embarrassing then too.

GB, like every website under the sun, is full of double standards. Sad but true. If anyone here were to make even a half disparaging joke about Ryan Davis' death they would be rightly crucified.

But we don't know these people so fuck it, say what you want.

And when a death can have a political agenda attached to it, it must be treated with utmost seriousness, but if someone is killed be some asshole rapper then they're free game.

I'm not opposed to using humor to lighten the mood but there's a good way and a bad way to go about it. The good is how the Daily Show treats a situation like this, Colbert Report's style would work in real life but on the internet it's impossible to tell if someone is using satire or not. The puns in this thread are at the expense of the victims, that's not cool.