So... The Walking Dead is awesome.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MXC361

That is all.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Just watched ep4 and am forced to agree.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SumDeus

Episode 4 made up for the suck of Ep 3.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

This spam is true.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By inkerman
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iKANNIBAL

Yes Haven & The Walking Dead are the only reason i watch"regular Tv" now, well besides somethings on discovery every now and then. Sadly i have to wait till next summer to see Emily Rose again Haven season 2 ain't starting till then. 

I so wanna get into Emily Rose pants, my Gf doesn't have to know of my crush D:

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

Weird, I couldn't sleep last night and watched every episode on On Demand. I liked it. Lots of great characters and zombies eating shit and head shots and... yeah, it was cool.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nick_verissimo
@Inkerman said:
" All agreement here. The end of Ep 4 and I lost my shit. I reckon they'll ...
"
I hope not.  I'm fine with most of the changes they've made from the comics, but it's starting to stray a little too far for my liking.  The first volume worked for me because of how isolated they all were....this is the exact opposite of that.
Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Skullo
@Claude said:
" Weird, I couldn't sleep last night and watched every episode on On Demand. I liked it. Lots of great characters and zombies eating shit and head shots and... yeah, it was cool. "
More zombie headshots = betterness.

I haven't read the comic, but the series is totally awesome.
Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By Bigheart711

Fuckin' right it's awesome!

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Cramsy

I'm really enjoying it as well. I might consider reading the comics if they are any good. 

sadly, this thread will be hit by the 'it's cool to hate popular stuff' crowd any minute now.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By inkerman
@nick_verissimo:  I never read the comics, so I as far as I'm concerned it's all pretty awesome. I agree I would like some isolation, a real post-apocalyptic trying to survive shenanigans rather than just running everywhere, but them meeting up with the mexicans seems certain.

@iKANNIBAL: Is Haven good? I've run out of Tv shows and took a look at the wiki, but it seemed a bit Fringe-ish to me.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@nick_verissimo said:
" @Inkerman said:
" All agreement here. The end of Ep 4 and I lost my shit. I reckon they'll ...
"
I hope not.  I'm fine with most of the changes they've made from the comics, but it's starting to stray a little too far for my liking.  The first volume worked for me because of how isolated they all were....this is the exact opposite of that. "
They said eventually they will start to stray far.
nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nick_verissimo
@SethPhotopoulos: I can honestly say that I had not heard that bit of information. Well, now that I know that, I'll be less confused and stop wondering if they'll go back to the original storylines.  Cool stuff. 

@Inkerman:  You're probably right that they'll attempt to move in with the mexicans, otherwise what would be the point of showing the hospital at all?  Will make for an interesting finale two weeks from now.
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I agree. 
seitanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By seitanic

I like the show, but the writing is really goddamn hokey at times. 

The boat scene at the beginning of last week's ep was pretty fucking brutal.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I like the fact that they stray from the comics. I think it's a fantastic show, and I'm loving that AMC is letting them get away with so much gore.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gamb1t

im addicted.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By awesomeusername
@gamb1t said:
" im addicted. "
This.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By one_2nd
@Cramsy said:
"  sadly, this thread will be hit by the 'it's cool to hate popular stuff' crowd any minute now. "
UHH MAYBE BECAUSE IT SUCKS.  

Nah, i've never read the comic, but I am really enjoying the show so far. 
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Osaladin

Headshots are ruining The Walking Dead. 

No but really, episode 3 sucked, but I've liked everything else so far. The premiere was one of the best on television.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I loved all the episodes so far. Can't wait for the next one.
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iKANNIBAL
@Inkerman said:

" @nick_verissimo:  I never read the comics, so I as far as I'm concerned it's all pretty awesome. I agree I would like some isolation, a real post-apocalyptic trying to survive shenanigans rather than just running everywhere, but them meeting up with the mexicans seems certain.

@iKANNIBAL: Is Haven good? I've run out of Tv shows and took a look at the wiki, but it seemed a bit Fringe-ish to me. "

Going by Syfy usual channel standards? yes. 

Funny you say that because i only started watching it when i ran out of shows, and mostly because those bastards canceled Caprica because everyone knows a show isn't good unless its action 24/7 and constant explosions like a michael bay film! I caught the last episode of the season on TV one day (well atleast the end of it) it intriqued me so i watched every episode from that season. If i were to call Haven anything i would call it X Files mixed with Lost, a little X-men or Heroes.

Its not really like Fringe , i think Fringe dealt with various Supernatural stuff in Haven there are just these people called "The troubleds" or "The X-men" and they all have abilities controlled by emotion. Think of "Haven, Maine" as the island of Lost in a way but not really. Something supposedly happened there long ago after the Colorado kid was killed and now certain people in the place have powers. 

Examples a blind man who cannot stick up for himself, so his shadow goes out at night and kills people, a chick who can draw sketches destroys the sketches and kills people, a man who can play instruments and turn crazy people  with brain damage sane, at the expense of making everyone else sane crazy, chick fucks men makes them age and die. There was even a "Pyro" & "Avalanche" in the show, basicaly the duo solve the people's problems either that or they kill them if they're crazy. 

Apparently the cop is there because she saw a picture of the colorado kid with a woman that looks like her in it, she thinks its her mother, but i totally won't spoil it, but yeah like i said it definately gets "Lost-like" espeacialy with the "cults" and stuff, supposedly stephen king left little hints in the show that you were supposed to pay attention to, to get some things? idunno i have to watch the episodes over.  So far? this season didn't really give much for interpretation on where the abilities stem from although the season finale did open a lot of new doors and showed that there was an even bigger story arch going on. but ultimately the viewers are still shrouded in darkness about where the powers come from. Some family members have the same powers as each other which means its hereditary but at the same time the abilities seem Supernatural or "Sinister" since they only work when someone is sad or angry. I just hope the show doesn't become another Supernatural. Supernatural started  "Brothers Grimm-like" and then it ended "Satan vs God-like" ewwwwwwy. 
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By audiosnag

Love it so far, episode 4 was really goddamn good. It was actually written by Robert Kirkman (guy who wrote the comics). Normally i hate when thy stray from source material but i don't have many complaints about the new stuff cause it's done so well. If they keep that quality up they can do whatever they want IMO. They do need to hit certain beats from the comic, locations and stuff though. That's all i'll say.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ryanwho
@Cramsy said:

" I'm really enjoying it as well. I might consider reading the comics if they are any good.  sadly, this thread will be hit by the 'it's cool to hate popular stuff' crowd any minute now. "

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cramsy
@ryanwho said:
" @Cramsy said:

" I'm really enjoying it as well. I might consider reading the comics if they are any good.  sadly, this thread will be hit by the 'it's cool to hate popular stuff' crowd any minute now. "

"
I figured you'd be in here eventually ;) 
fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By fox01313

Agreed that from the first few episodes I've seen that it's definitely off to a good start though I find it amusing that there's a lot of the media fanfare about this talking on how it's more about the living than the dead & wondering how many of these people never saw the first 3 George Romero films on the zombie franchise (Night, Dawn & Day of the dead - not the remakes).

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho
@fox01313 said:
"

Agreed that from the first few episodes I've seen that it's definitely off to a good start though I find it amusing that there's a lot of the media fanfare about this talking on how it's more about the living than the dead & wondering how many of these people never saw the first 3 George Romero films on the zombie franchise (Night, Dawn & Day of the dead - not the remakes).

"
Those were milestone films and pretty compelling (acting is mostly bad though, so there's one thing in common). If you wanna defend the show, fine, just don't embarrass yourself by comparing it to the primordial classics.
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29  Edited By JonathanMoore

Watched every episode so far and am enjoying it quite a bit. Although I've only recently started watching Lost Season 1 and it's killing The Walking Dead for me personally, but yeah.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus
@JonathanMoore said:
" Watched every episode so far and am enjoying it quite a bit. Although I've only recently started watching Lost Season 1 and it's killing The Walking Dead for me personally, but yeah. "
Yeah, LOST is better than Wallking Dead- but not by much. I'm glad Walking Dead came around though, I missed having a show that I was actually looking forward to seeing every week.
@SethPhotopoulos said:

" This spam is true. "

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By audiosnag
@fox01313 said:
"

"
Those are freakin great movies. I'm glad we have this show now though cause Romeros latest efforts have been some of the biggest crap fests i've seen in a while.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mikemcn

Episode 4 BLEW MY FUCKING MIND! 

Ep 3 was kinda meh, but 4 was just fucking awesome! I feel sorry for younger blond lady, she got eaten real bad.  Anyone else think 4 was better than the pilot? Maybe? 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Afroman269

Deep

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bravetoaster
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" This spam is true. "
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sad there are only 2 episodes left...  i really wanna see how the ending turns out cause the beggining of the first episode was so damn interesting. 

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By azrailx

ep 3 is fine the show has zombies in it but it is about the people 

also the comic is better, and they ruined carol

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead

The 'it's about the people not the zombies!' defence is literally the worst. All good zombie media is about the people surviving, this is nothing new. Only when it's been done before, those people were characters, not just cyphers for the worst dialogue on cable TV.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Rick LOOK OUT!! Haters incoming!!
 Rick LOOK OUT!! Haters incoming!!
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ryanwho

Vapid memes incoming. 

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ryanwho: You don't like vapid memes? =-(
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I like the word vapid.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cloudenvy

Watched episode 1, haven't really had the desire to watch more of it.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mars_Cleric

It looks pretty good but is it going to be broadcast in Australia?
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By teh_destroyer

episode  4 felt a bit off to me but that piece of acting at the end was fantastic, most films of the genre really cannot take it that far.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Portis

It's the only show I actively watch on TV. 

sushisteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sushisteve

It's got pretty decent production values for a zombie show, even George Romero's classics had the "dude painted blue=zombie" in full effect. 

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NinjaHunter
@iKANNIBAL said:
" Yes Haven & The Walking Dead are the only reason i watch"regular Tv" now, well besides somethings on discovery every now and then. Sadly i have to wait till next summer to see Emily Rose again Haven season 2 ain't starting till then.  I so wanna get into Emily Rose pants, my Gf doesn't have to know of my crush D: "
Wait, Elena Fisher is on television?! Why was I not informed of this sooner?! 

Oh and yeah The Walking dead is awesome.
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Time_Lord

To bad there is only 6 epsiodse this season

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Funkydupe

I thought episode one was excellent, two and three were the weakest so far. The fourth episode made me hopeful that it can find its feet again. They have already been signed on for a longer second season so we'll see how that goes.

Rubbish_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rubbish_

I'm glad they did Glenn justice, he so baller.