So what cellphone OS are you useing right now?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By biospank
biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By biospank

So I am one of these dudes that are too stupid to find the right one. So I started out  IOS but became kinda boreing after a while. So then is moved over to somthing really simple with windows phone 7,5 mango, and then moved over to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich which is really like now, its actually user friendly unlike what I heard form other people(who I think are apple fanboys)  

So I am interested in what you dudes/dudetes are useing. And I am sorry for my Grammar and English.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SomeJerk

When it comes to Android, it's about what manufacturer interface you're using. Samsung TouchWiz has been my favourite ever since 2009, but people seem eager to take a dump on it.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@SomeJerk said:

When it comes to Android, it's about what manufacturer interface you're using. Samsung TouchWiz has been my favourite ever since 2009, but people seem eager to take a dump on it.

If you're clever, you can use Touchwiz on non Samsung phones.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By biospank
@SomeJerk: I am also useing a samsung android phone its called galaxy s3 and I was not sure what to expect at first but I really like the phone.
SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SkankinPacman

I am using the HTC HD7(WP7) which its a pretty good phone but WP7 is always late to all the apps and misses some cool stuff.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bell_End

not sure how you got 'bored' with an OS as long as it does what you want it to what you you want it to do.

i've tried iOS and Andriod and think both are excellent. both offer different pro's and con's. neither is perfect.

personnaly i go with iOS. mainly becouse i just like the look and feel of iphones more than any Android device (im shallow like that) and the apps store is fantastic and has great content that keeps me entertained.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By OldGuy

Samsung u360.DH26
Why wasn't this a choice in the poll?
:-)

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

Windows for Mobile Phones Version 6.1. Yeah. 

Some of us can't be bothered to upgrade phones for very long periods of time.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vodun

@SomeJerk said:

*Pulls down pants and makes ready*

I loathe TouchWiz...hate it with a passion. Give me vanilla Android any day. So much cleaner and unobtrusive.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Venatio

iPhone 4 so it's iOS for me, newest version, no complaints so far

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BionicRadd

Samsung Galaxy S2 with the F1 Galaxy Nexus Rom (which is to say Vanilla ICS 4.0.4).

Never been a fan of bloatware, so I nuked my phone and put a custom Rom on it. Plus I was sick of waiting for them to get off their butts and finally release ICS, which happened about a month after I put my current Rom on. Now I am just waiting for someone to get a good, stable Jelly Bean Rom out for my phone. I've got a Kindle Fire with Jelly Bean on it and holy balls, it's outstanding.

By the way, IOS is a fine OS if you aren't a tweaker (and there's nothing wrong with just being ok with what they give you). I went to Android because I like playing with stuff and making my phone my own.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By predator

Samsung Galaxy S Plus's standard Android + F-Droid.
Cyanogenmod is in the works for my phone but not ready yet. No Replicant.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#14  Edited By kalmis

Got myself a new phone recently and ended up thinking a lot about this. Since I was also in market for a tablet as well. Ended up going with a new Nokia phone (not Lumia) with Symbian. And a Nexus 7.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Dany

IOS because I aint no chump

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Lunar_Aura

A and B. Don't really care for Windows Zune 7 (ohohoho icwidt)

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Android, obviously. Only option if you care about phones at all.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bell_End

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Android, obviously. Only option if you care about phones at all.

why is that.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By benjaebe

WP7 is criminally underrated. It doesn't have some of the more popular apps or gets things a bit slowly, but god damn is that interface nice to use. Also has the best keyboard out of any phone OS if you ask me.

Avatar image for corpulateguitar@
corpulateguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By corpulateguitar

To be honest ive tried all major OS's (can you even say that..... OS's.... thats kinda weird) and to my surprise for performance and speed and what i use a smartphone for WP7 is hands down the fastest phone ive ever used and ive never had a call drop and the 4G in my area (Cleveland) is fucking fast so yeah im pleased.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By RawknRo11a

iOS, tried Android for about a month and ended up going back to my iPhone. Have not tried WP7, have heard mixed things about it.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By Danteveli

Android

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By biospank
@Bell_End: here is how I got bored with the Iphone.
 First is the user interface is the big thing I got bored of it, it feels old because of minor changes since I got one in 08. 
The second is the games where there are some fun stuff but there are too much shit in there, so one of the reasons why I don't play games on my phones or ipad. 
The thrid is the browser that is ok but really meh compared to the windows phone one. I have not tested the android one because so far I did not need to because of widgets or what they call em. 

So for now I have not really gotten the taste you have for the iphone or any other phone, really. But I will say that the next iphone I will probably buy because I am also shallow like that.
biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By biospank
@benjaebe said:

WP7 is criminally underrated. It doesn't have some of the more popular apps or gets things a bit slowly, but god damn is that interface nice to use. Also has the best keyboard out of any phone OS if you ask me.

This is a statement I can agree on.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AlexW00d

@biospank said:

@benjaebe said:

This is a statement I can agree on.

Yeah same. I like Android on my Nexus 7, for sure, but I would like my phone to be clean and fast.

I don't really like iOS 'cause it feels so old and its ugly ass UI.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MeierTheRed

None of them, i'm using a shitty old Nokia phone.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crusader8463

I don't own a cell phone so none. I happen to do tech support, on my lunch as I type this actually, for HTC. So I'm familiar the most with androids with the HTC sense add on. We do have some W7 phones, but we get very few calls on them. I bought an ipad awhile back and absolutely hated the apple OS and do not know how anyone can use that POS. I took it back for a full refund after a week with it.

If I ever had to get a cell phone it would be android. Thinking of the Samsung Galaxy III. The carrier in my area has a pretty bad selection of phones, and that seems to be the best one on it. I'm only going to get one though if I can find my own place and move out on my own. Might as well get a cell phone as to a home phone.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By xymox

@Ursus_Veritas said:

Windows for Mobile Phones Version 6.1. Yeah. Some of us can't be bothered to upgrade phones for very long periods of time.

Same same. My Xperia X1 has been treating me well, up until about some month ago or so when I can't even answer calls anymore. Time for an upgrade soon.

Can't find anything that appeals to me though. I guess the train for ZTE Blade has gone and left by now?

Xperia Play maybe. It'd have to have some good games though, for it to be worth it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By musubi

Windows Phone 7. Its great. If you can do without the ability to be "in" on the latest game craze or app then WP7 is amazing. I don't use many apps myself so I'm pretty much set. Only issue is I hope verizon gets more phones.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jack268

I use iOS. I went with an iphone because literally every single android device I've tried so far has had some pretty shitty touch screens that made even swiping to change a page or something a chore. 

That said, the Nexus 7 tablet has me intrigued, and I've yet to use anything made by ASUS that wasn't great, so maybe it doesn't have those touch screen issues.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Azteck

iPhone 4 here and I am very satisfied with it. No plans of switching anytime soon.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ben_H

Android 4.1.1 on my Galaxy Nexus. Wonderful phone. Stock Android is so much better than any of the manufacturer variants. It's so much faster than ICS.

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bchampnd

Galaxy SIII running Android 4.0.4. Would like to get Jelly Bean running on it but I haven't had time to root it and am surprisingly satisfied with TouchWiz. I had a mixed experience when I rooted my Droid X a while back and was running a custom ROM. Some things worked really well but there were a few quirks that annoyed me so I ultimately went back to stock. The nice thing about Android is that the option to root it and go with a custom ROM is there, even if I don't end up doing so. If Jelly Bean gets an announced release date for the Verizon SIII (which will surely be months later than every other variant) and that date is before the new year, I'll probably stick to stock. If not, I'll probably get end up rooting and ROM'ing in the fall.

I do like the clean look of WP7 but developer support just isn't there on that platform - and that's coming from an Android user. The hardware for Windows Phones has also been a little underwhelming so that's contributed to keeping me from really considering it an option.

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Malarkain

After using stock Touchwiz on my Galaxy S2 for awhile, I finally rooted and installed Cyanogenmod 9. Loving it so far, really shocked at how held back my phone was before.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mikey87144

Android because if there is something you don't like about the OS you can usually find an app that does it more to your liking. Also if you don't like the OS itself you can tweak it in a myriad of ways.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By toowalrus

I'm using an Expira Play right now, an Android phone. At first I really liked it, but now I'm getting bored. It's really cool for game emulation that kept me busy through boring lectures and stuff, but I'm starting to miss the... legitimacy of iOS. Android's been finicky and crashy lately, my phone probably just needs to be restored to factory settings (possibly my project for today, now that I'm thinking about it).

I'm torn. Hopefully by the time my contracts up, something really cool and new will have been released. Maybe the iPhone 5 will be amazing, maybe someone will be crazy and release a phone with a 1080p screen. Who knows. If the market then is the same as it is now though, I'm going to iPhone.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By nintendoeats

Maemo 5, aka Linux

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By _Zombie_

WP7.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39  Edited By natetodamax

Android, though I prefer iOS.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vexxan

iOS.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MikkaQ

I like iOS, it's a solid-ass platform for doing just about anything I need my phone to do. Works for me. I don't need to get all hacky on my phone, I got computers for that. It also does all the cool iCloud syncing stuff, and I don't feel like configuring all that with 3rd party stuff for other phones. I like having my whole music library on my phone, but over the web. That shit is pretty cool.

Mainly I just think the iPhone looks cool as shit, and the camera is pretty nice too. I'm also not a fan of the trend of massive smartphones like Androids seem to be heading in, and I hope Apple keeps their current form factor. It's a good size.

FriskyHeadCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FriskyHeadCrab

WP7. Love it.

I like the functionality of android, but would rather play with it in a tablet form factor and I dislike Apple as a company, so the quality of IOS doesn't have much sway in my decision.

WP7 is just a really streamlined and well designed OS for a phone. It is clearly limited, compared to app libraries of the other two, but it's just so good at being a phone.

Also, Pacman CE DX on my phone.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Clonedzero

i have an iPhone 4, its pretty good.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I broke my iPhone 3GS trying to repair the speaker. Didnt want to spend iPhone money on a phone again that I only really use for web, email and twitter. Got a HTC Trophy 7, love getting achievements on games like Plants vs Zombies and Civ. Revolution. But the marketplace is really lacking and I really hate the official Twitter App for it and the web browser is lacking. Kinda wish I spent a little bit more and got a Android Nexus S but oh well.

Juno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By Juno

BlackBerry OS 7. No lies. Need it to survive.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#46  Edited By KillyDarko

My phone is so old I can only make/receive phone calls and send/receive texts ^^

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sockemjetpack

I like my Galaxy Nexus. Other than an iPod nano I don't own any Apple products and I don't buy stuff off of iTunes so I don't have anything to sync it with. Also I don't care about cellphone games. So yeah... Android!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By psylah
No Caption Provided

Upgraded to ICS unofficially recently, it's got some decent improvements.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karl_Boss

WP7

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MrKlorox

Droid2, and I kinda hate it. Well maybe not hate, that's a little harsh. But there are things about it that I severely dislike. Definitely going with the correct smartphone brand next time, which is Apple.