Tell me the best game you've played

xuanmaiemars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xuanmaiemars

Here. I'll start: Leaguege of Legends,because that the game when all my friends had played together since we were in highschool

Deo_Brando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Oblivion! Very atmospheric game.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nutter

Witcher 3

Great combat, deep systems, various ways to play, a TON of content that’s all good to great, and a great story. On top of that, the 4k/HDR/performance updates make landscape in that game look like works of art. Plus, the two DLC quests they released are outstanding, to boot. Also, Gwent is some shit!

I think it’s the biggest game I’ve played that’s consistently good and pretty much filler-free.

EDIT: And the enemies/missions don’t scale. Screw scaling...

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Sahalarious

Metal Gear Solid 3. It was the first game to captivate me with story and provide me with emergent gameplay where if I wanted to do something, i generally could. I played that game over at least 10 times back to back, and still play through the whole series (minus v) once a year. I think RDR2 might be there now, need time to digest it though.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a really tough question because this is a really in the moment feeling and retrospection always serves to make you think "Well but was it really".

Planescape: Torment. Probably.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My best game of all time may shift depending on my mood but I'll have to say Ocarina of Time. Granted I played it as a kid but nothing transfixed me so much as this odd "open world" game with so many dungeons to explore and secrets to find. It felt like there was always something beyond the boundaries of the explorable space.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

MVP Baseball 2005

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

3 way split between Fallout 2, Resident Evil 4, and Metal Gear Solid.

Depending on my mood, I could put CoD4 multiplayer, RE Reamke, or GTA Vice City.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario Galaxy. A game so joyous, fantastic to play and just pure fun incarnate that it reignited my love of gaming in a time when I mainly played out of obligation because I had games lying around. Still hasn't been topped by anything and I can still recite a good chunk of its soundtrack from memory.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Steambot Chronicles on the PS2.

A game that would find a huge audience in the internet culture of 2018 in the way Yakuza and Persona did, but never got a chance.

I love the fuck out of the world, gameplay, characters, and general comfy feel-good vibes of this hybrid mech-action RPG/rhythm game. It also is fully English voice acting extending to the plentiful sung music tracks, some which remain in my head to this day. It's a fantastic translation by Atlus as well, and I will always champion in as a exceptional game that never got to its audience,

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

The Witcher 3

VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By VoodooTatum

Kerbal Space Program. This game sucked me in a way that no other game has. Once I landed on the Mun for the first time I was hooked. It was such a struggle and took a ton of trial and error. Once I had one of my Kerbals on the Mun I realized he was stranded there! Then the process of a rescue mission begun. It's a game that I had to force myself to stop playing because I was spending 6-8 hours a day playing it. I haven't gone back yet but I often think of my Kerbals stuck orbiting Duna!

:(

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Symphony of the Night is the one I always think of when I think of my favorite games, but Breath of the Wild is really close.

Avatar image for nicholas_attano
Nicholas_Attano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Paladins on the PS4. Playing with randoms got my W/L down to 60%. It hurts.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By FacelessVixen

Another post about me mentioning Senran Kagura Estival Versus goes here; with Fallout 4 being a close second and Devil May Cry 3 being someone in the conversation.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By BoboBones

Breath of The Wild.

Ever since I was 5 or 6 I would have said A Link to The Past, but the sheer fact that Breath of The Wild gave me the exact same feeling as a 25 year old that A Link to The Past did is incredible to me

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario 64. The later games definitely have smoother controls and cameras, and I'm not sure which I would pick if I wasn't blinded by nostalgia - all 3D Mario games are great. But there is something special about the first one. The world is much more mysterious and strange and lonely compared to the later ones, with a surprisingly eerie atmosphere. The game was made before any formula applied, and everything was new. It is full of wonders:

- Looking into the Sun in Peach's castle

- The giant eel

- Finding the ghost house in the back yard

- Dorrie

In fact, the design of Hazy Maze Cave is completely foreign from a modern game design perspective - virtually no signposting or direction. Constant surprises. The whole game has the feeling of being made by developers who had no idea what they were doing, because it had never been done before. Which is why it is amazing.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Red Dead Redemption 2.

First game with writing I didn't have to pretend was good, with gameplay and graphics that surpassed anything I'd engaged with before. Runner up MGS2

blakey1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sahalarious: just finished rd2 around a month ago first game were i stoped killing random people because i seen aurthur struggling with my actions

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is and always will be EverQuest.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo II

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witness

casselld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rock Band. It’s the only game that impacted what I’d go on to do as a career in the future (music performance and production), and it helped me get over my fear of singing and gain self confidence in something. Yeah, it’s a rhythm game and I can’t say much for the “gameplay”, but it’s the best game I’ve ever played because of how it impacted me as a person.