TFW you forget the name of a movie you really want to watch again.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By BabyChooChoo

For the past 8 or so years, my life has been consumed by trying to find out the name of one movie.

Okay, a bit dramatic.

It's more like once every three to six months, this movie will pop into my head and I will spend hours searching the internet with no success. Probably doesn't help that I'm not even 100% sure it was a movie and not some TV or mini-series or something.

Anyway, point is I'm reaching out to my fellow Giant Bomb folks for help so I can finally put this mystery to rest.

• It was Hispanic or Latino in origin
  • Came out in or before 2010
  • It's about a photographer...or maybe a reporter...something like that? I remember him having a camera.
  • It's not City of God. This movie has been the bane of my fucking existence because it's always the first goddamn thing to pop up. Then I'll stumble upon a list of Latino movies that I think will give me the answer, but they don't, but this movie is still on every list. Great movie. Just tot the one I'm looking for.
  • He falls in love with this girl who I'm 99% sure worked at a salon
  • At one point in the movie, he ends follows her home and catches her and her boyfriend (?) fucking
  • big gap in my memory here because I can't for the life of me remember how, but they do end up starting a thing and they end up fucking too
  • The boyfriend confronts him or some shit
  • They fight...I think
  • The girl reveals she's pregnant...I think...dude, it's been so fucking long since I've seen it that it's fading away now. Anywho, I'm pretty sure she's pregnant and doesn't know who the father is so she somehow convinces them to stop fighting...somehow?
  • One of the last shots of the movie is the three of them sitting on a couch with her in the middle.
  • I wanna say most, if not all of the movie took place in a pretty poor area. Like the favela/slums or something like that
  • There were like these weird dancing/party scenes that are kinda hard to describe. It was a bunch of people in a giant circle dancing together, but continuing to move along the circle. In other words, if you looked at it from above, it would look like a slowly spinning wheel...full of people dancing.

You can see why I'm having so much trouble finding this movie lol Seriously though, any help would be appreciated. It's been driving me nuts for years now.

Back to the search!

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

When did you first see it? Was it an older or newer movie at the time? How did you see it? Rental? Theater?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizencoffeecake: It looked like a relatively newer movie at the time. First and only time I saw it was in either 2009/10. Saw it on Showtime or HBO. I forget which one exactly, but I'm 300% positive it was one of those.

DrVenkman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Total shot in the dark but could it be I'd Receive the Worst News from Your Beautiful Lips? I haven't seen the movie but I really like solving movie mysteries.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Was it in Spanish with subtitles? Do you live in the US?

Sorry for all the questions but I like trying to figure these out haha.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@citizencoffeecake: I'm hesitant to say it was in Spanish. My kneejerk reaction is to say it was in Portuguese, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, I don't remember subtitles which is why I think I'm so hellbent on finding this movie lol. I thought it looked interesting and had planned on looking up a version with subtitles later. And yup I'm in the US. And please, keep asking all the questions you want. I feel bad for giving such spotty, vague details so questions only help jog my memory haha. I genuinely appreciate the help.

@drvenkman90: Nah, that''s not it. The cast in the movie I'm thinking of were a bit younger. Thanks tho!

Again, I do really appreciate the help. I'm not even sure if the movie is worth all this trouble lol, but it's been gnawing at me forever.