That Guy With The Glasses

videogameman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By videogameman

Any other fans here? Who's your favorite? From the ones I've watched so far(Critic, Chick, Linkara, and Spoony) they all have their own, nice flavors. I do miss Lindsey's reviews though. I wish her the best with her work in college but still. I love all of Doug's works, but I love his That Guy Riffs. They're funny enough to ignore the lack of Chester. I really want Lewis to continue the adventures of Ensign Munroooooooe.

As a side note, who should I get started on next after I catch up on Spoony? I'm deciding between Angry Joe, Cinema Snob, Benzaie, Sage, Marzgurl, Phelous, Film Brain, Lord Kat, and Paw. For me, the guys who are listed on the main page of the site must represent the elite and probably update frequently enough.

videogameman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By videogameman

Any other fans here? Who's your favorite? From the ones I've watched so far(Critic, Chick, Linkara, and Spoony) they all have their own, nice flavors. I do miss Lindsey's reviews though. I wish her the best with her work in college but still. I love all of Doug's works, but I love his That Guy Riffs. They're funny enough to ignore the lack of Chester. I really want Lewis to continue the adventures of Ensign Munroooooooe.

As a side note, who should I get started on next after I catch up on Spoony? I'm deciding between Angry Joe, Cinema Snob, Benzaie, Sage, Marzgurl, Phelous, Film Brain, Lord Kat, and Paw. For me, the guys who are listed on the main page of the site must represent the elite and probably update frequently enough.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I watch everything done my Doug.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By chstupid

I would pick cinima snob or film brain
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

I only watch Nostalgia Critic. Haven't even tried any others except a few Benzaie and Angry Joe. Those three though, are pretty good.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By landon

Yeah, love the Nostalgia Critic.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I stopped watching the Nostalgic Critic after I almost had my ear drums ripped from his obnoxiously loud yelling.  No, Doug.  It does not get funnier if you yell at me at high volumes. 

I still like his old videos, though.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Gabriel

I just watch Nolstalgia Critc, and in other news the AVGN is making his own movie.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@videogameman said:

" Any other fans here? Who's your favorite? From the ones I've watched so far(Critic, Chick, Linkara, and Spoony). "

Yep.  Also Todd, Obscurus Lupa, Sage, Phelous, and Film Brain.  I had to cut down on what I watched after vacation.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By meteora

AVGN is hilarious, entertaining, informative of how bad those games were and nostalgic. I learned a bunch about gaming history pre-N64/pre-SNES from AVGN.

Nostalgic Critic is alright, he seems a bit funny. I haven't tried to really dig into his videos though.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I love the Nostalgia Critic! I feel like he and the AVGN go perfectly together. 

I've also watched a couple Angry Joe reviews which I thought were pretty good. I loved his Mass Effect 2 review; EVERYONE DO THE SHEPARD!

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By astrozombie

I dig his stuff. I check in every week.
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By apathylad

I usually see the Nostalgia Critic, Bum Reviews, and Linkara. 

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chuggsy

Nostalgia Critic is a good time sink, and is pretty entertaining. But honestly, his sense of humor is really grinding sometimes. It's so predicable, he goes into some "gags" that last way too long. Shooting a fake gun and animating somebodies head exploding in paint isn't as funny the 300th time, and the Chuck Norris shit is unbearable. He is obviously a smart dude, but he just gets annoying sometimes when he tries too hard, or stretches out a joke too long.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
@Chuggsy said:
" Nostalgia Critic is a good time sink, and is pretty entertaining. But honestly, his sense of humor is really grinding sometimes. It's so predicable, he goes into some "gags" that last way too long. Shooting a fake gun and animating somebodies head exploding in paint isn't as funny the 300th time, and the Chuck Norris shit is unbearable. He is obviously a smart dude, but he just gets annoying sometimes when he tries too hard, or stretches out a joke too long. "
OF COURSE! 

Seriously though I do agree that he does repeat some jokes too much. I will however probably never get tired of "Zuul Motherfucker! Zuul!".
Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Legend

TGWTG is probably my second favorite entertainment website, the first being Giant Bomb of course. My favorite talents on the site are Doug, Spoony, Angry Joe and the Video Games Awesome guys. Benzaie, Cinema Snob and Film Brain come up with good stuff from time to time but I don't watch their videos as often.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Fortenium said:
"  My profile picture says my opinion.....   EDIT: Meant picture of me, not that icon. :P "
Wow, you meet Doug?! Where? When? HOW?!
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Fortenium said:
" @NekuSakuraba:  This year he appeared in Matsuricon and I saw him during the History Of Nintendo thing in the back. I followed him when he left for like two minutes, asked and he agreed to take a picture with me. He is a very nice guy. "
You are so lucky! :D
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Fortenium said:
" @NekuSakuraba:  Hey he also have me an autograph on his DVD release. "
 T__T 

I want to meet him, hopefully he will come down under one time! :D
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Vonocourt

Love Nostalgia Critic, even if he goes into some rather lame patches. Everyone else with the exceptions of the occasional film brain/nostalgia chick/ shameful sequels guy are nigh unwatchable. Cinema Snob is on a different level, dude has been around for a while and knows he's shit. Same with Spoony.

But the bad stuff is really bad. Especially JewWario, who's whole gimmick is that he's jewish and is a big fat man who screams like a girl. He's uncreative and just plain not funny.

Avatar image for crazysonofabitch
CrazySonOfABitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CrazySonOfABitch
@Redbullet685 said:
" I only watch Nostalgia Critic.
sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sociald1077

I watch NC, Linkara, LordKat some AJ and Brad Tries... 

I also check out The Spoony Experiment a lot. Spoony is awesome.