The Dark Knight - Let us discuss it. I are confus

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By REforever101

Just saw it today. I would have seen it earlier but i only just came back from Italy yesterday and I was jet lagged

great movie. great joker

question though. The joker's only real "motive" was just to create anarchy? And the only reason he doesnt want to kill batman anymore is because the chaos he helps create is just too much fun?

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By REforever101

wow, really. no one wants to talk about it?

i know im a bit late to the party, but damn...

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

i think it might have been one of the best ive seen this year. Really good

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By epic_pets

Well yea you got it right, I just came back from my second viewing of it.

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By imayellowfellow

actually i thot Joker's true objective was to show that any ordinary citizen was able to turn into just as much of a freak/criminal as he was when they were pushed to the extreme. The plot is sort of a herald to that one batman comic "The Killing Joke" imo where joker tries to prove his "One bad day" theory

thats why he did that boat experiment, tried getting people to kill that one guy who was gonna blab batmans identity, and his job on Harvey Dent (i think Harvey dent's descent into Two Face was Joker's main example of his idea)

m3thod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By m3thod

It's pretty much what I've been wanting from a Batman vs. Joker story to be . . . I think the Dark Knight really hits it out of the ballpark.  But with out the movie ended it makes you wanted what theme the next movie will take.

I think Batman The Animated Movie was the closest fantastic Batman vs. Joker story until now, of course.

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Met2609
REforever101 said:
"Just saw it today. I would have seen it earlier but i only just came back from Italy yesterday and I was jet lagged

great movie. great joker

question though. The joker's only real "motive" was just to create anarchy? And the only reason he doesnt want to kill batman anymore is because the chaos he helps create is just too much fun?
"

Yep. It's that simple. He just likes messing stuff up.
thebobster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By thebobster10
REforever101 said:
"Just saw it today. I would have seen it earlier but i only just came back from Italy yesterday and I was jet lagged

great movie. great joker

"

Yep, you pretty much got it. He's a physcopath, so he gets enjoyment out of chaos and fear.
OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By OroJackson
REforever101 said:
"The joker's only real "motive" was just to create anarchy? And the only reason he doesnt want to kill batman anymore is because the chaos he helps create is just too much fun?"
Exactly, the joker kills just for the fun of it, he has no back story or reason to want to kill and create chaos except for the fact that he gets a kick out of it.

Thats what makes him one of the most disturbing, bone-chilling villains ever, as least most villains have a reason to hate society (child abuse, harm caused to them, etc.)
lawb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lawb

Im ashamed to say that I fell asleep probably three or four times during that movie. Its not that I found the movie boring, in fact, I loved it.(The parts I've seen of course.) I was just really tired and I went to go see the movie at midnight.

Anywho, I cant wait for the sequel-sequel. =)
Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Foil_Charizard
imayellowfellow said:
"actually i thot Joker's true objective was to show that any ordinary citizen was able to turn into just as much of a freak/criminal as he was when they were pushed to the extreme. The plot is sort of a herald to that one batman comic "The Killing Joke" imo where joker tries to prove his "One bad day" theory

thats why he did that boat experiment, tried getting people to kill that one guy who was gonna blab batmans identity, and his job on Harvey Dent (i think Harvey dent's descent into Two Face was Joker's main example of his idea)
"
This ^^^ is 100%. The Joker was trying to show that everyone can be evil even someone as righteous as Harvey Dent, that is why they never revealed that Dent was the one who killed those people, Batman would rather take the heat then let the Joker win.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Virago
imayellowfellow said:
"actually i thot Joker's true objective was to show that any ordinary citizen was able to turn into just as much of a freak/criminal as he was when they were pushed to the extreme. The plot is sort of a herald to that one batman comic "The Killing Joke" imo where joker tries to prove his "One bad day" theory

"
that's exactly what I understood as well; that it was a setup to killing joke, that is. 
And yeah, it's kind of anarchy, but Joker really does it because he can. He likes pushing people to the edge just to watch their reactions. Like when in the interrogation room he said "in the last minutes of their lives, people show you who they really are".

I just got back from Italy too, where in Italy did you go?
Avatar image for godzilla_bankrolls
Godzilla_Bankrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Do you think they'll auction that pen on ebay?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By fr0br0

It was a really great movie, but something was brought to my attention that confuses me.

Remember when the Joker tells Batman of the whereabouts of the tied up Rachel and Harvey. Well when Batman leaves to go rescue one of them, he is asked by Gordon who is going after, he says Rachel. But he actually saves Harvey, so I'm guessing the Joker switched the two adresses up on purpose, but does anybody know why?

Ehden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ehden
Fr0Br0 said:
"It was a really great movie, but something was brought to my attention that confuses me.

Remember when the Joker tells Batman of the whereabouts of the tied up Rachel and Harvey. Well when Batman leaves to go rescue one of them, he is asked by Gordon who is going after, he says Rachel. But he actually saves Harvey, so I'm guessing the Joker switched the two adresses up on purpose, but does anybody know why?
"
Im pretty sure jokers plan was for Harvey to live but go insane so he could push him over the edge of madness. Thus the reason he visited him in the hospital.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By REforever101
Godzilla_Bankrolls said:
"Do you think they'll auction that pen on ebay?

"
that would be pretty cool actually
"i'm going to make this pencil disappear"
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonathan

He has no motivation. That's what so scary about him. He just wants anarchy.

m3thod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By m3thod
Fr0Br0 said:
"It was a really great movie, but something was brought to my attention that confuses me.

"
Because he can . . . also he knew, because he points out a fact when the Joker pushed her out of the window during the Dent party and saw how Batman reacted.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I believed in Harvey Dent

:(

osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By osmiles

I got goosebumps when the Joker told Batman "you know, I think you and I are destined to do this forever!"

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Green_Incarnate

He was trying to get Batman to kill him to show him that they were alike.