The official Armageddon (WWE PPV) thread.

• 68 results
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek
A very kick-ass poster

Well, this is probably my last WWE PPV thread in which I name it The Official ______ thread. I will start a Official 2009 WWE/TNA PPV thread. I will mainly cover WWE PPV's but I will also put the results for TNA's PPV's in this thread. I'm currently working on it so it might change by the time Royal Rumble rolls around. As matches get announced I'll post them hear! Sp, until then, talk amongst your fellow WWE fans about the upcoming PPV!

Matches announced 11/24

Chris Jericho vs. John Cena for World Heavyweight Championship.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

Wow your right, that is  a sick poster.

Chris Jericho vs John Cena....hmm....whos gonna win that? =/

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Psha, Jericho, duh!

/end sarcasm

PS: You gotta love my avatar, shaggy bearded Edge FTW!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OGCartman
TheGamerGeek said:
PS: You gotta love my avatar, shaggy bearded Edge FTW!"
LOL!
Aww yah forsure, wat a sexy beast.

Did you read the 2 weeks of Smackdown Spoilers? They're up.
Dont spoil the Undertaker vs Big Show Cage Match though, i plan to watch that one xP
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Nah, I'm actually gonna be interested in this Fridays because I heard something like Gregory Helms may return, so no spoilers for me!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OGCartman
TheGamerGeek said:
"Nah, I'm actually gonna be interested in this Fridays because I heard something like Gregory Helms may return, so no spoilers for me!"
Ahh nice.
Man, i wish Smackdown was still on Thursday
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Goldberg!  Goldberg!  Goldberg!

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Death_Burnout

Jericho = Awesome

And i will say im loving the shaggy bearded edge!

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar

Someone update me on wtf is up with Jeff Hardy. I don't watch or really keep up with WWE or TNA anymore but I did in the past so when I read threads like this it gives me a quick update. Jeff Hardy was supposed to be in the last PPV, but was taken out becasue..........

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Death_Burnout

...he got "knocked out" as in he didnt really, dont ask me why!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OGCartman
StaticFalconar said:
"Someone update me on wtf is up with Jeff Hardy. I don't watch or really keep up with WWE or TNA anymore but I did in the past so when I read threads like this it gives me a quick update. Jeff Hardy was supposed to be in the last PPV, but was taken out becasue.........."
Because of a kayfabe injury.
Yah, its hard to keep up with Jeff Hardy
Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Death_Burnout

I think he finds it hard to keep up with himself, let alone, haha ok im done, i love Jeff really.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Death_Burnout said:
"...he got "knocked out" as in he didnt really, dont ask me why!"
Yea, it was mainly because they're starting a feud between him and Edge. Also, Static, in my Survivor Series thread, I had the news story and everything.
Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Death_Burnout

Yeah and at the end of the day, a feud between Edge and Jeff could be seriously awesome.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Death_Burnout said:
"Yeah and at the end of the day, a feud between Edge and Jeff could be seriously awesome."
Could be seriously awesome? More like, will be seriously awesome. Also, nice to have at this thread Death, you seem like your gonna be one of the rare frequent posters here.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OGCartman
Death_Burnout said:
"Yeah and at the end of the day, a feud between Edge and Jeff could be seriously awesome."
Agreed.
Didnt they face off at like WM17 in a TLC tag match? I remember Edge spearing someone from the ladder, epic shit.
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Matches announced  11/25
~NONE~

Matches announced 11/28

Edge vs. HHH vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship

Later on I'm gonna say my predicted matches and give you something that I'm gonna start doing every Friday. This week will be my first week to try it.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Power Rankings

So, here it is, I'm gonna give out my top 5 superstars each weekend. I'm also gonna rank the shows from the best to the worst. Admittedly, I don't watch all of them so I got my friend to watch them sometimes and if we both miss them I'll find a re-play stream of them before rank them. I hope you guys like the new additions, if these turn out bad, they won't be used in my big PPV thread. So give me your feedback!!! Before I make the rankings, I said I'd put some predicted matches but that won't be happening today, my deadline for them is Wednesday. I'm gonna do my best to make them tonight and post them some time tomorrow. So, without further due (or something like that) heres my first top 5 rankings!

5. Jack Swagger- It may be a small surprise but he worked the Extreme Rules Match really good and my love interest in him is growing bigger and bigger

4. Goldust- He may not have done much, but most of you know, I love Goldust and he finally returned and really didn't show too much rust, granted he was in a match that lasted like a minute. Great to have you back GOOOOLDUST!

3. Randy Orton- Not only did he survive at Survivor Series, he's the one that made it just semi-watchable. And damn it, when are they gonna realize he deserves the title!

2. Jeff Hardy- He really didn't do to much at Survivor Series but him and Edge are the ones that put a real crazy factor to the match. And, he got him a triple threat match (along with HHH) at Armageddon in his Beat The Clock match.

1. Edge- Speaking of Edge! He came back! Did you know? I sure did, and I loved every second of it, it was hard to understand at first because it all happened so fast but in the end, Edge wins! Edge wins! Edge wins!

Top Shows

1. Smackdown!
2. Raw
3. ECW (What a shocker!)
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OGCartman
Good edition!
I didnt watch all the shows, so i cant really critizize but i definatelly agreed with your top 3.
EEEDDDGGGEEE!!!!!
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Cartman said:
"Good edition!
I didnt watch all the shows, so i cant really critizize but i definatelly agreed with your top 3.
EEEDDDGGGEEE!!!!!
"
Thanks a lot man.
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Dude, I just watched the opening match of Wrestlemania 3 and all I can say is pure awesomeness.

The match was The Can-Am Connection vs. Magnificent Muraco and "Cowboy" Bob Orton (Looks nothing like his son.) Damn good, the Can-Am won..

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By theshadow027
Cartman said:
"Good edition!
EEEDDDGGGEEE!!!!!
"
I got to agree with your top 3 too. As much as I'm glad John Cena is back, Edge is just plain awesome, Jeff Hardy is crazy, and Randy Orton really needs a title.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OGCartman
TheGamerGeek said:
"Dude, I just watched the opening match of Wrestlemania 3 and all I can say is pure awesomeness.

The match was The Can-Am Connection vs. Magnificent Muraco and "Cowboy" Bob Orton (Looks nothing like his son.) Damn good, the Can-Am won.."
Sweet! Yah it was insane, theres some other great matches in the PPV so keep watching :)

Ahh i guess il watch RAW, anyone watching it?
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Cartman said:
"TheGamerGeek said:
"Dude, I just watched the opening match of Wrestlemania 3 and all I can say is pure awesomeness.

The match was The Can-Am Connection vs. Magnificent Muraco and "Cowboy" Bob Orton (Looks nothing like his son.) Damn good, the Can-Am won.."
Sweet! Yah it was insane, theres some other great matches in the PPV so keep watching :)

Ahh i guess il watch RAW, anyone watching it?"
Well, I did watch if that counts :P.  A pretty mediocre Raw. Some bad matches, a surprisingly not-so-funny DX segment, Kane is completely confusing me, and well, it ended good. Cena got the shit beat out of him which is a plus in my book. Looks like SD might be able to be Number 1 on my top shows this week. But did you see that Santino segment? Freaking great. Dude looked like he busted some nuts and I think he really hurt his ass-bone on that, he landed hard! Well, that's probably a close second of my favorite Santino segments, the first being when he stole that subway sandwhich from King and JR called him a "Subway sandwhich stealing bastard" until he went to Smackdown!...I miss JR on Raw.

Matches announced 12/1
Randy Orton vs. Batista- As much as I love Orton, I still see this match failing -- sadly.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OGCartman
TheGamerGeek said:
Well, I did watch if that counts :P.  A pretty mediocre Raw. Some bad matches, a surprisingly not-so-funny DX segment, Kane is completely confusing me, and well, it ended good. Cena got the shit beat out of him which is a plus in my book. Looks like SD might be able to be Number 1 on my top shows this week. But did you see that Santino segment? Freaking great. Dude looked like he busted some nuts and I think he really hurt his ass-bone on that, he landed hard! Well, that's probably a close second of my favorite Santino segments, the first being when he stole that subway sandwhich from King and JR called him a "Subway sandwhich stealing bastard" until he went to Smackdown!...I miss JR on Raw.

Matches announced 12/1
Randy Orton vs. Batista- As much as I love Orton, I still see this match failing -- sadly."
Lol ya it was kind of meh, agreed about kane being confusing. Cena getting his ass kicked was a nice change. Lmao omg that was rich, Santino trying to do the Melina splits then failing, lol. Aw man i cant believe u remember that, that was insanely halarious. "Subway sandwhich stealing bastard" rofl.
Yah, so do i :(

I do hope Orton wins it, his persona is great and refreshing. Batista is just so plaid out and old.

Btw, awesome new DP.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I want the Jericho to win

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Matches announced 12/3
Finlay and Hornswoggle vs. Mark Henry and Tony Atlas...Borefest alert!

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Matches announced 12/6
~NONE~

Hurricane Helms returned and kicked some major ass. MVP didn't sell the kicks as good as he should've though. The cage match was fantastic!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OGCartman
TheGamerGeek said:
"                                 Matches announced 12/6
~NONE~

Hurricane Helms returned and kicked some major ass. MVP didn't sell the kicks as good as he should've though. The cage match was fantastic!"
Really?
Awesome!

I waited 2 weeks in antisipation to watch it, but unfortunately was at the outlets with my cousins so had to miss wrestling :(.

Lookin forward to watch it.

Lol is MVP still on his losing streak.
GP1Mil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By GP1Mil

I wasn't impressed much with this past weeks wrestling editions, Raw is decent but nothing awesome, and I caught smackdown in the middle of the HHH, Jeff Hardy and some other dudes I don't remember and it totally bored me to death. Is it me or is there something missing from smackdown presentation? It just doesn't have that flair anymore like it used to back in 90's and through most of the 00's. I don't know if its the commentating or the production value or something

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Brandy
TheGamerGeek said:
"shaggy bearded Edge FTW!"

Ugh, no. He needs to shave...badly. :-P

On a separate note - minor spoiler alert, I suppose - I find it quite funny that local commercials have been giving away a big part of the new year's plot line (well, in terms of Edge and Triple H and whatnot), since Smackdown will be coming to Indianapolis in Jan. and the commercials have been announcing the main event in the hopes of getting people to buy tickets. A triple threat match for the WWE Championship which doesn't include Edge. I can give people the three competitors if they wish, I just didn't want to spoil it entirely for people who care enough to want to be surprised. How, when, and to whom Edge will lose the title isn't made clear in the commercials, of course, but yeah... kinda funny to know in advance (since I'm not one to check out spoiler sites... like ever).
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Power Ranking

5.  Santino Marella- I honestly don't think there's a single person that can honestly say they hate Santino. I find him to be the most entertaining person on the mic since Dwayne Johnson (I just want to say, I hate the holy fucking shit out of Dwayne Johnson). Dude busted his ass for us on TV...props to him.

4. Triple H and Jeff Hardy; tag team. Despite Brandy's rumor, I expect Edge to keep the title and the HHH/Jeff feud to end and Edge and Jeff fight...until (hopefully) Christian comes back and then they will unite Christian, Edge, and Tomko and start a feud! Am I blowing your mind or what?!?!

3. Dolph Ziggler- He's Dolph Ziggler! Recognize! He actually had some offense in his Batista match and done great. Pulling off some nice moves that really proved that he's not just one of those people that's left over from the Spirit Squad. Now, Ziggy (His ne nickname), stay off the preformance enhancing drugs!

2. Hurricane Helms- Stand back! Theres a Hurricane coming through! He came out and just looked amazing. MVP could've done such a better job selling his moves though. But yea, Hurricane is one of my favorite gimmicks of all time so excuse my extreme love for him.

1. Chris Jericho- He cut some nice promos at Raw and also done a great beat down on John Cena which easilly bumped him up to number 1 this week

Top Shows

1. Smackdown
2. Raw
3. ECW

Now, note to everyone, watch Raw! I'm actually pretty excited about this weeks Raw, I want to know the slammy winners...although some are obvious. The superstar of the year is going to be HHH, Batista, or Cena. Even though it should go to Undertaker. Him and Edge have went through soooo much this year, they deserve it!
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGamerGeek

WWE Raw 12/08/08

CM Punk def. John Morrison- Great match, 5/5

MVC (Charlie Haas) def. MVP- Pretty good, pretty entertaining too, 4/5

Chris Jericho def. Jeff Hardy- This match could've been so much better. All they had to do was take some time away from the Haas/MVP match and put it on this one, give it some time! 3/5

...seriously? Vickie and Edge were best couple? I've been wondering if this was real or not and this confirmed it, these awards are shit.

Hornswoggle and Finlay def. Glamerella- I've got to give this a 4 because of the great scream Santino done after he got hit in the nuts...ahhh! 4/5

Rey Mysterio def. Kofi- Yea, it was OK. I saw a sign that said "Jamaican me bored", which cheered me up. 3/5
This confirms Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk at Armageddon

Randy Orton, Manu, and Cody Rhodes def. HHH and Batista- It was a pretty good match, all of the guys done good...really good, well except Batista. But did anybody see HHH humping the air when he was trying to get out of Randy's submission? It was quite hilarious.4/5

Dolph Ziggler def. R-Truth by countout- Dolph was outshined by R-Truth but he still done pretty fair. He done his cool kick which is still neat.3/5

John Cena def. Edge by DQ- This match should've had more time too. 'Twas actually entertaining for a little bit but it ended with a DQ *sigh*. 3/5

Overall Show 3/5 (What a disappointment)

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OGCartman

Id give it a 2/5.
Some great moments, as you said, when Santino was screaming, that was halarious lol.
John Cena vs Edge had alot of potential, i expected from the beginning it would end up as a DQ though. Thats how most of these big interbrand main events end up on cable. I miss Edge's shaggy beard :(.

They really need to work on their matches, it seems like iv seen this edition of RAW 100s of time. With TNA youre getting storylines advanced and new exciting stuff every week, whats WWE offering?

Agreed, disapointing.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Brandy
TheGamerGeek said:
"4. Triple H and Jeff Hardy; tag team. Despite Brandy's rumor, I expect Edge to keep the title and the HHH/Jeff feud to end and Edge and Jeff fight...until (hopefully) Christian comes back and then they will unite Christian, Edge, and Tomko and start a feud! Am I blowing your mind or what?!?!"
And wouldn't you know it? Apparently the wrestling Gods heard your prediction, as I saw another commercial last night, touting WWE's return to Indianapolis, only this time Edge was listed in the Triple Threat Match - Every other commercial (that I've been seeing for about a month now) had the match being between Jeff Hardy, Triple H and Vladamir Kozlov, but last night's replaced Jeff Hardy with Edge. Disappointing to say the least - if this is the final match lineup for the Indy show, they should've removed Kozlov and left Jeff in - poor guy's always getting shafted.
GP1Mil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GP1Mil

Last nights Raw was meh, othe Slammy Awards that stuff is so corny and bad,  matches were okay a couple stale ones. the only one I really enjoyed was with Orton and his crew vs. Batista and HHH.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGamerGeek

WWE ECW 12/09/08

Kozlov is on ECW...I guess?

Miz and Morrison def. Kung Fu Naki and Jimmy Wang Yang- Not horrible, not that good either. 3/5

I think a 5 year-old can see what's gonna happen sometime soon with Atlas/Henry

Kozlov vs. Matt Hardy for the ECW Championship at WWE Armageddon

Mark Henry and Tony Atlas def. Finlay and Hornswoggle- An OK match, Mark done some good slams...3/5

ECW ended almost exactly when the last match ended...

Show rating- 3/5

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OGCartman
GP1Mil said:
"Last nights Raw was meh, othe Slammy Awards that stuff is so corny and bad,  matches were okay a couple stale ones. the only one I really enjoyed was with Orton and his crew vs. Batista and HHH.
"
yah that was pretty good.

So... TheGamerGeek, u think i should DL ECW? Like is it worth watching?
bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bwooduhs
Death_Burnout said:
I hope this time Jeff actually wins the title. Hes come so close to many times.
bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bwooduhs
Brandy said:
"TheGamerGeek said:
"shaggy bearded Edge FTW!"

Ugh, no. He needs to shave...badly. :-P

On a separate note - minor spoiler alert, I suppose - I find it quite funny that local commercials have been giving away a big part of the new year's plot line (well, in terms of Edge and Triple H and whatnot), since Smackdown will be coming to Indianapolis in Jan. and the commercials have been announcing the main event in the hopes of getting people to buy tickets. A triple threat match for the WWE Championship which doesn't include Edge. I can give people the three competitors if they wish, I just didn't want to spoil it entirely for people who care enough to want to be surprised. How, when, and to whom Edge will lose the title isn't made clear in the commercials, of course, but yeah... kinda funny to know in advance (since I'm not one to check out spoiler sites... like ever)."
WWE does this quite a lot actually.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OGCartman
bwooduhs said:
WWE does this quite a lot actually."
Yup, ALOT.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No love for JBL being an awesome dickheel and taking Shawn's Slammy?
I'm looking foward to JBL just sadistically pushing HBK around for awhile. At least until the Rumble.
Haul it out real long and painful so it'll be sweet when HBK finally superkicks him. I sure hope they don't blow their load early on this one.

Other Raw thoughts:

• Man, CM Punk needs to turn heel fast
  • Beth Phoenix is adorable
  • Face Khali is awesome
  • That was a terrible Philly crowd
  • I mark out for Mike Knox's beard
  • Damn, Vicky gets some serious heel heat
  • I hate Cryme Tyme and Candice Michelle
  • Since when is "hustle" words to live by? Fuck you Cena
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OGCartman
TeflonBilly said:
"No love for JBL being an awesome dickheel and taking Shawn's Slammy?
I'm looking foward to JBL just sadistically pushing HBK around for awhile. At least until the Rumble.
Haul it out real long and painful so it'll be sweet when HBK finally superkicks him. I sure hope they don't blow their load early on this one.

Other Raw thoughts:

• Man, CM Punk needs to turn heel fast
  • Beth Phoenix is adorable
  • Face Khali is awesome
  • That was a terrible Philly crowd
  • I mark out for Mike Knox's beard
  • Damn, Vicky gets some serious heel heat
  • I hate Cryme Tyme and Candice Michelle
  • Since when is "hustle" words to live by? Fuck you Cena
"
Lol iv always loved JBL, hes an awesome heel.
Yah, i agree, thatd b sweet. But WWE Creative Team cant pull it off.

CM Punk as a heel, fuck yes. I hate him as a face.
Beth Phoenix is a man. Jokes, jokes, shes great with Santino lol. Funny kayfabe couple :)
Face Khali is indeed awesome.
Didnt pay attension to the crowd, wat was so bad about them?
Mike Knox's beard LOL
Yah, wow she seriously does. Like WOW, pretty insane! :D
Why do u hate candice? Damn she used to be sooo hot, what happend!?
Hahahaha agreed, cena sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Candice has no sense of timing when talking, her voice is horrible, she's a terrible wrestler and now that she's been in Playboy she's nothing, but a  waste of silicone on tv. Trish got it best, as much as I'd love to see her naked, she earned my respect in being a good wrestler, a good talker and actually having a passion for the business.
Did you know that her, Jericho and Christian came up with most of the story during their love triangle storyline? That shit was better than anything Creative could come up with.

Oh yeah, I'd be remiss if I didn't extol the virtues of Suit Jericho. This gimmick is fantastic, though I still epically facepalm at Cole not understanding teh difference between sickos and sycophants. Actually while I'm on the subject, fuck Micheal Cole and fuck Jerry Lawler, they are worse than ever lately.
Please bring up Matt Striker and Todd Grishame, they're awesome and deserve better product to call than ECW.

As for the crowd, it's not that they were bad, but Philly crowds are usually the most rambunctious crowds of them all. I was saddened when the E-C-Dub chants were rather subdued. In Philly of all places.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OGCartman

I used to think Candice was alright, a hot piece of ass. But now, shes useless.
Man i couldnt agree more about Trish, she is my favorite female wrestler. She is phenomenal.

No, i didnt know that. Thats amazing!

I really dont pay attension to the announcers, but i do notice that Matt and Todd are great.
ECW is crap now, an insult to its formor epicness.

Wow, that is gay. Did you used to watch ECW back in the day? Or the ONS's?
The ECW these days are not worthy of the E C Dub chant.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OGCartman

Btw, did anyone watch TNA Final Resolution?
Watchin it right now, Suicide's debut was pretty cool n the 8 man tag match was amazing.
Watch the 8 man tag on youtube or something.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Cartman said:
"Btw, did anyone watch TNA Final Resolution?
Watchin it right now, Suicide's debut was pretty cool n the 8 man tag match was amazing.
Watch the 8 man tag on youtube or something."
Yea, I watched it. Suicide's debut was complete badass-ery...other than that the only match I got invested into was the Feast or Fired match. By the way, Lethal has the Tag one(We know this already), Curry Man has the fired one, Homicide has the world championship one, and Hernandez has the X-Division one, that's my predictions, yeah! Rhino's match was OK, Al Snow was sooooo stupid. I was expecting Terry Funk because of the fact that it was supposed to be a World Champion. Oh, and no, don't DL ECW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part about Final Resolution was Alex Shelley. I've been a huge mark of his since he founded Generation Next back in 04 at ROH.
What pisses me off though is how TNA keeps fucking up how they're using him. The guy can talk, the guy can wrestle, the guy has a good look and charisma out the wazoo. I mean, he's playing an awesome asshole heel, but TNA doesn't know to let it simmer before he gets his comeuppance as shown in the damn turkey costume bit on Impact and at Final Resolution. I'm not saying he should be TNA Champion. Hell, not even X-Division champion. But stop immediatly cutting his legs off when he gets momentum.
Oh yeah, somebody needs to tell TNA that Al Snow showing up is not a big deal. He's a tremendous wrestler who's had some funny gimmicks, but c'mon!

Suicide looks way too silly and I really don't see a place for a character like him when they already have Shark Boy, Curry Man and that one luchador.
Then again, rumor has it that it's Kaz under that mask and the guy's a great wrestler. Then again, maybe it'll spark some focus back in the X-division which I feel ahs been really overlooked lately. They need to sign Paul London to give that belt a new jolt of excitement.

I started following ECW back in 98 when I traded tapes with this dude. It was pretty damn awesome then, but everybody tells me taht the real peak of ECW had passed. I got some of their old stuff fromback then which was awesome, but I'd already gotten alot of that stuff spoiled for me by then. Stuff like the Dreamer/Raven feud was fucking masterful. Brian Pillman showing up and being a complete lunatic. Hell, I even marked out when Sid showed up. And the Dudleys in ECW was the epitome of being a heel. The hatred those guys would get was amazing. And this was with a mostly "smart" crowd.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By OGCartman

Yah, Alex Shelly is great lol.
Ahh u used to watch ROH!? Nice! Havent watched any ROH in the last year, is it any good these days?
They really do, im a fan of Al Snow but its not much. I wasnt even hyped for the "guest appearence" so whatever, no worries.

Also, who hates the new TNA theme song?

Suicide isnt like Currey Man or Shark Boy. Shark Boy is a stone cold rip-off. Currey Man is just a goofy gimmik. Suicide looks like a pretty sick gimmik, not some goofy ripoff. Although we've only seen a couple moves from him, he looks great! Excited to see more of him.
Yah the X-division has bin overlooked lately, they can put on some phenomenal matches. Hope to see more of em in the future.

Wow thats great, its so rare to find another ECW fan. Man, i really miss those days. The midcard matches were better than about 80% of WWE's main events these days. On one hand you would get these luchadeer's, urm i mean luchadoors (xP) putting on phenomenal wrestling matches. And on the other, men like Sabu, who in an average match would leave you spitting out ur drink and yelling HOLY SHIT to ur TV. Haha yes, the crowds really got into it back then

Enough mourning, watched the cage match from last smackdown, did anyone see it? Is it just me or was that match pretty damn horrible? You have two big talents, The Big Show, and The Undertaker, you add a CAGE to it. And what did we see, 90% punches and the undertaker getting dominated the whole time? *yawn*

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Cartman said:
"Enough mourning, watched the cage match from last smackdown, did anyone see it? Is it just me or was that match pretty damn horrible? You have two big talents, The Big Show, and The Undertaker, you add a CAGE to it. And what did we see, 90% punches and the undertaker getting dominated the whole time? *yawn*"
...I kinda liked it...it wasn't "great" but it wasn't horrible, it ended good, in my opinion. Well, anyway, heres the final matches for this Sundays PPV:

Randy Orton vs. Batista
 IC Title Contender's Tournament Final Match: CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
 Non-Title Match: Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov
 WWE Title Match: Edge vs. HHH vs. Jeff Hardy
 World Title Match: John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
 Finlay vs. Mark Henry
in a Belfast Brawl

Will post preview later. Sorry for saying the Hardy/Kozlov match was a title match, it's not.