• 137 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Update: In a funny turn of events, there turns out to be two weddings this month. Meaning I'll probably be seeing her the day after tomorrow as well as later on in the month. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. More than one chance?!

No Caption Provided

Melt in a metaphorical sense.

I really really like this person. Help me Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. A close friend of mine suggested just acting like a dude from the movies. One of the characters he mentioned was familiar to me. The dude Ryan Gosling played in Crazy Stupid Love. He says that's all he does when he tries to get girls..act. I don't know though. I don't know how close she'll be to me. Whether it's a table away. Whether it's at the same table. Whether she'll feel like saying something to me. Whether some other people I know and am more comfortable speaking to will lead to me speaking with her. What are your suggestions?

I think it would not be in the spirit of these threads if I did a pre-emptive Ryan GBXGAL .jpg, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Note: We used to hang out a bit when we were very young kids. I think maybe I was mean to her sometimes. WHY COOTIES?!?! WHY? But I think we had some laughs too. We haven't spoken to each other since then. The only form of communication was me commenting on one of her status' (this was actually a genuine comment, since what she posted was kind of crazy to me) and a "like" from her. Yeah I know,..."Where's your confidence?" Or at least, that's the nice version of what you're thinking.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Fuck Ryan Goslin, be The Doctor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

At the reception ask her if she'd like to dance with you. Don't have a line, just make eye contact and do it. If she says yes, then dance. If not, just lower your standards. Or start drinking.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Milkman

Pack your bags and move away.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By killacam

@Aegon said:

Melt in a metaphorical sense.

I really really like this person. Help me Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line. A close friend of mine suggested just acting like a dude from the movies. One of the characters he mentioned was familiar to me. The dude Ryan Gosling played in Crazy Stupid Love. He says that's all he does when he tries to get girls..act. I don't know though. I don't know how close she'll be to me. Whether it's a table away. Whether it's at the same table. Whether she'll feel like saying something to me. Whether some other people I know and am more comfortable speaking to will lead to me speaking with her. What are your suggestions?

I think it would not be in the spirit of these threads if I did a pre-emptive Ryan GBXGAL .jpg, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Note: We used to hang out a bit when we were very young kids. I think maybe I was mean to her sometimes. WHY COOTIES?!?! WHY? But I think we had some laughs too. We haven't spoken to each other since then. The only form of communication was me commenting on one of her status' (this was actually a genuine comment, since what she posted was kind of crazy to me) and a "like" from her. Yeah I know,..."Where's your confidence?" Or at least, that's the nice version of what you're thinking.

the past meanness works in your favour. she'll be doing all she can to gain your adult acceptance after being brutalized by you as a child. and a "like" is gold. you're in!

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SexyToad

Oh ya!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aegon

@killacam: I like your positive attitude, haha.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By supamon
and cast a couple of spells on her
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

Just be yourself and go talk to her. Confidence is key!

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Find out if she has a boyfriend/husband first before you get your expectations too high.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeGosot
@SexyToad: Damn! I was going to post that. YOU ARE NOW MY ENEMY MISTER SEXY TOAD!
butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By butano

@supamon said:

Voice of the Emperor would be my biggest suggestion.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aegon

@AcidBrandon18 said:

Find out if she has a boyfriend/husband first before you get your expectations too high.

She does not! To my knowledge she's never had a boyfriend.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By living4theday258

@SexyToad: Dammit...

Anywho just be yourself. not very helpful advice, I know but its the best I got.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Man the fuck up, walk over to her and ask her to dance or whatever.

Confidence > all.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wjb

Deep down, wasn't Ryan Gosling really just a sad and depressed guy that hung out at the same shitty club every night before he met Emma Stone?

Anyway, ask her to marry you and upstage the entire wedding and have an impromptu service of your own. Chicks love spontaneity and adventure.

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By tsiro

Step 1: Get really drunk. If done properly, you won't need a Step 2, because Step 1 will be taking care of that for you.

Just go with the flow man. Don't try to be someone else: if you do that and she digs that, remember that she's not into you, she's into your alter ego. I believe in you!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hunter5024

@Brodehouse said:

At the reception ask her if she'd like to dance with you. Don't have a line, just make eye contact and do it. If she says yes, then dance.

This is the correct answer bro. Trust us!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Dalai

Alright, I'll be the first to say it.

Touch her shoulder.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aegon

@wjb said:

Deep down, wasn't Ryan Gosling really just a sad and depressed guy that hung out at the same shitty club every night before he met Emma Stone?

Anyway, ask her to marry you and upstage the entire wedding and have an impromptu service of your own. Chicks love spontaneity and adventure.

A wedding inside a wedding...

@Dalai said:

Alright, I'll be the first to say it.

Touch her shoulder.

Now all we need to complete the trifecta

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimbo

Let's just cut to the chase here:

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LikeaSsur

Go up to her at an appropriate time and say "Hey, it's been a while. Having fun?"

The rest is up to you, and yes, it really is that easy. You do not have to plan out entire conversations in your head, because there is another person involved, she will fill in the times that you aren't talking.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You're going to want to bring some ice.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mandude

Try punching her in the face.

If this sounds like a bad idea, the congratulations; you're probably well enough adjusted to the point that any advice we have for you here is useless.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Genkkaku

@TheHT said:

Fuck Ryan Goslin, be The Doctor.

That

Also Just go talk to her/ ask her to dance.. Or don't, you know it's your decision

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#26  Edited By Little_Socrates

Everyone else giving the dance advice is correct. Also, always trust .

Anyone have an HD version of "Your Highness" on their computers, perchance? I was watching the movie at school with a fellow Bomber, and there's totally a part where someone comforts Danny McBride by slapping him on the shoulder with a big old minotaur penis. If anyone can make a short YouTube clip of that, not only will I be eternally grateful, but I'll be happy to post it in every one of these threads from now on.

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy fifty shades of grey and then film you reading it and then tell her to watch it... It will enable her to understand how in to bondage you are.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ch3burashka

Remember to masturbate discreetly.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Arbie

Just talk to her, seriously.

I think it's great when people take the initiative to talk to someone that makes them nervous. I mean just look at it this way, what is going to be better? Awkward eye contact and starting at her throughout the day possibly making her not want to bump into you in a dark alley, or, catching eye contact and smiling and judging the situation right by either walking over then and saying "Hi, didn't we used to hang out blah blah" or waiting until a bit later to do it.

But really, just say hi. That's all it is, saying hi. If a conversation comes from that, awesome. If not, I'd follow @supamon: suggestion!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aegon

@Djnuttty said:

Buy fifty shades of grey and then film you reading it and then tell her to watch it... It will enable her to understand how in to bondage you are.

You know what....you just opened a wound. Her friends sent her some links to casting information or rumours for the movie adaptation. I was horrified. Hopefully I can talk some sense into her if we do get something going between us.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What you need are some grade A duder pick up lines.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Don't put on a facade.

Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aegon: Hmmm... What would be your reason against her not audtioning for a movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey? Just curious... Is it because you don't want to see her sexualized for other peoples pleasure?

Also, on a serious note... Just have confidence and talk the shit out of her at the wedding. Be yourself. The usual crap I guess. GOOD LUCK!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aegon

@Djnuttty said:

@Aegon: Hmmm... What would be your reason against her not audtioning for a movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey? Just curious... Is it because you don't want to see her sexualized for other peoples pleasure?

Also, on a serious note... Just have confidence and talk the shit out of her at the wedding. Be yourself. The usual crap I guess. GOOD LUCK!

Dude how did you get from that that she wanted to be in the movie. It's casting info...as in which actors got what part.

Edit: and thanks for the advice, lol.

Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aegon: Crap, I misunderstood :P

The main point here is thet Fifty Shades of Grey sucks.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By musubi

Cuff her and throw her in the trunk of your car.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kindgineer

If you really like her, act like a normal human being who is interested in another human-being. There is nothing more "sexy" (as some say) than a man's confidence and she will see that if you just act yourself. I mean, you have to have some form of meaning behind your "melting" for her: Just use that fuel and unless she's retarded, she'll see it and be flattered.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheHT

@Aegon said:

@Djnuttty said:

You know what....you just opened a wound. Her friends sent her some links to casting information or rumours for the movie adaptation. I was horrified. Hopefully I can talk some sense into her if we do get something going between us.

One game at a time my friend.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LikeaSsur

@ck1nd said:

If you really like her, act like a normal human being who is interested in another human-being. There is nothing more "sexy" (as some say) than a man's confidence and she will see that if you just act yourself. I mean, you have to have some form of meaning behind your "melting" for her: Just use that fuel and unless she's retarded, she'll see it and be flattered.

I like this. Be yourself. If you reply with "But how can I be myself and confident when I'm not!" Well, get confident, you have time.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Brendan

Sorry, it's probably not gonna happen. By the words "I melt over her" you clearly have no confidence, as in you emotions are at the other person's mercy. You don't know what to say (you're stressing over specific points in time) you're looking for lines (you have no idea how to act) and you're all around over thinking it.

You will not be attractive to people when you are a slave to them (metaphorically speaking).

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Phatmac

@SexyToad said:

Oh ya!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aegon

@Brendan said:

Sorry, it's probably not gonna happen. By the words "I melt over her" you clearly have no confidence, as in you emotions are at the other person's mercy. You don't know what to say (you're stressing over specific points in time) you're looking for lines (you have no idea how to act) and you're all around over thinking it.

You will not be attractive to people when you are a slave to them (metaphorically speaking).

I still have ~20 days to get it together.

Maybe I need to listen to...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By falserelic

Wish I could give helpful advice but I suck.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By Renahzor

@Aegon: Simple, really. Its a wedding reception, so... have a drink, when you get time go talk to her, catch up a bit, if you feel like it ask for a dance. Don't overthink it!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Brendan

@Aegon: Lol you got a laugh out of me. Just in case I sounded a little harsh, I'm not trying to belittle you in any way. You sound like the way I thought back in high school, when I struggled talking to the other sex. It never happened when that was my general mindset.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgnosticJesus

It's a wedding, all unattached women are jealous to a certain degree of the bride and thus looking to hook up. Make a move at the reception. If she's been drinking you might get to bang her. Also, in the future never refer to a girl you like as the person who makes you "melt". Makes you sound like an effeminate pansy.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By imsh_pl

Go up to her and say "Hey, I wanna go balls deep in them sugar walls you got there."

If that doesn't work, chloroform will. It always does.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Touch her leg. Touch the fuck out of it.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would literally melt if I saw someone that looks like Aaliyah.  Unfortunately I wouldnt be able to talk to her because at that point, I would be human goo.  

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aegon

@AgnosticJesus said:

It's a wedding, all unattached women are jealous to a certain degree of the bride and thus looking to hook up. Make a move at the reception. If she's been drinking you might get to bang her. Also, in the future never refer to a girl you like as the person who makes you "melt". Makes you sound like an effeminate pansy.

I don't care if I sound like that to you. I obviously wouldn't go up and say that to her.