this makes me laugh

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

So yeah a lot like efrucht's thread just in my own words. Anyways, I've noticed as the years go on kids try to mature at younger ages. There are many examples to this. For instance I see these young 11 and 12 year olds who dress like they're in their college years. I also see them with these expensive sell phones like razors and it just makes me wonder what does a kid that young really need a cellphone for? Business? that's laughable considering I didn't even get one until I actually got a job and when I needed it. The thing that really cracks me up though is when they go around holding hands and claim that they're mature enough to hold a long-lasting and decent relationship. I have no grudge against these kids but it makes me wonder If pretty soon I'm going to see 5 years shopping at abercrombie and fitch or banana republic. Why do kids feel they need to mature so quickly? I never had much of a childhood but I'm sure if I did I would take advantage of it and not have a care in the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

if im right, maturing as fast as you could was the trend in the 50s with the generation before baby boomers. i think thats also whats going on now, but whats now considered mature is defined by the media.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dr_nefarious

Some of them try to act like their "gangster" and I just wanna smack them..

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By twenty0ne

Eh, honestly, who cares? It's just how things are.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dr_nefarious
twenty0ne said:
"Eh, honestly, who cares? It's just how things are.
"
Their perception of maturity is way off bounds and they end up acting like punks, so I find it irritating.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru

As some people say, when you deny something to someone, they just want it more. I think this holds true to the question you asked. I think that kids want so many things that are age restricted. I'm sure we've all seen kids through a temper tantrum whenever they are denied something they want. A lot of the times if kids "can't" have something, they'll find a way to get it. I'm not just referring to drugs and alcohol, I'm also talking about anything that is denied within their home, school, etc. That's just my thoughts, good discussion, very interested in seeing other responses.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dr_nefarious
brukaoru said:
"As some people say, when you deny something to someone, they just want it more. I think this holds true to the question you asked. I think that kids want so many things that are age restricted. I'm sure we've all seen kids through a temper tantrum whenever they are denied something they want. A lot of the times if kids "can't" have something, they'll find a way to get it. I'm not just referring to drugs and alcohol, I'm also talking about anything that is denied within their home, school, etc. That's just my thoughts, good discussion, very interested in seeing other responses.
"
That hold's true in many aspects, although I think kids these days get away with way too much. I don't think parents are handing out enough ass whippings. I never acted like that as a kid, for I grew up in a strict irish family and I can't even imagine the severity that would come through that. But because of it I have stronger character and grew up to be hard working. 
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By brukaoru
dr_nefarious said:
"That hold's true in many aspects, although I think kids these days get away with way too much. I don't think parents are handing out enough ass whippings. I never acted like that as a kid, for I grew up in a strict irish family and I can't even imagine the severity that would come through that. But because of it I have stronger character and grew up to be hard working.  "
 I agree, I definitely think most parents these days are not very good at parenting. They really don't care about teaching their kids right from wrong. They'll tell them, "don't do this, don't do that," but they never enforce it. Then when their kid does something they deem wrong, they wonder why the child did it. Saying "no," isn't enough, but eventually some parents are so tired of telling their kids not to do this or they can't have something, that the parents themselves will give in! Yeah, that'll show your kid the right way of getting something, just keep begging! Augh!
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dr_nefarious
brukaoru said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"That hold's true in many aspects, although I think kids these days get away with way too much. I don't think parents are handing out enough ass whippings. I never acted like that as a kid, for I grew up in a strict irish family and I can't even imagine the severity that would come through that. But because of it I have stronger character and grew up to be hard working.  "
 I agree, I definitely think most parents these days are not very good at parenting. They really don't care about teaching their kids right from wrong. They'll tell them, "don't do this, don't do that," but they never enforce it. Then when their kid does something they deem wrong, they wonder why the child did it. Saying "no," isn't enough, but eventually some parents are so tired of telling their kids not to do this or they can't have something, that the parents themselves will give in! Yeah, that'll show your kid the right way of getting something, just keep begging! Augh!"
Yeah because a parent should never give up on their child. How else are they going to learn?