Top Gear is the Worst Show of All Time (RACISM Ahoy!)

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TheHBK

Now I know a lot of people on this site are in love with Top Gear.  If you like cars and racing sims, you like this show I bet.  Seemed like when GT5 was said to include their track, lots of people busted a nut over it.  Now I for one was never a fan.  These guys always seemed like car snobs.  Making it seem like anything that wasn't european was beneath them.  And here we have proof that they don't just limit themselves to hating cars, they hate people of other races and countries.  Enjoy this nice clip. 

So Top Gear fans, can't wait for the American version or what?
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Grow up.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Romination

Yes, because the American version will carry over all the exact same opinions and conversations. 
Only now with more N-words!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

Hah, that was a good episode.   

If it means anything, the American Version is way worse.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeeGee

Hint: Watch more Top Gear before jumping to conclusions. Jokes. They do them.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eaxis

What hate? I think you are overreacting.
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hero_swe

The american version is the worst thing ever and I can't believe how ignorant and humourless a being like you are.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aus_azn
@AlexW00d said:
" Grow up. "
@DeeGee said:
" Hint: Watch more Top Gear before jumping to conclusions. Jokes. They do them. "
@KaosAngel said:
" Hah, that was a good episode.    If it means anything, the American Version is way worse. "
I felt the need to quote all 3 posts. The American version is putrid, Top Gear is funny, OP needs to grow up.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Top gear always make slightly controversial jokes. Like when Clarkson said that lorry drivers are murderers, or when Hammond returned from his horrific crash and they asked if he had gone mental because of it, or when they had to make an advert for a car and did a joke about the German invasion of Poland with the tagline "Berlin to Warsaw in only one tank". They're just jokes. They're not intended to be taken seriously. And they're funny.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By benpicko
@Aus_azn said:
" @AlexW00d said:
" Grow up. "
@DeeGee said:
" Hint: Watch more Top Gear before jumping to conclusions. Jokes. They do them. "
@KaosAngel said:
" Hah, that was a good episode.    If it means anything, the American Version is way worse. "
I felt the need to quote all 3 posts. The American version is putrid, Top Gear is funny, OP needs to grow up. "
Exactly.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By audiosnag

I'm half Mexican...don't take myself too seriously, but I think it's interesting that they probably wouldn't ever say "Imagine waking up and remembering you're Black" or "a Jew".

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexW00d

Tbh what they said about Mexicans is just a stereotype invented by American Media anyway. Plus they were obviously not being serious. They always make jokes to that calibre, just not always about Mexicans/any sort of race (except F1 LOL)

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shady

They got to get their stereotypes updated. We all know they're too busy stealing our jobs and doing drug runs.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By big_jon

That is pretty racist... But this does not make this show 'The worst show of all time' you are over reacting, but such is the Internet.

KosmoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KosmoK
@TheHBK said: 

So Top Gear fans, can't wait for the American version or what? "

Well, first of all there already IS an american version, and second it's an entertainmant show. They pick on everyone, themselves and the British the most. If you take the jokes they make serious, then you really have to grow up.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeeGee

That entire episode was one big joke about how Britain is the best, anyway.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By artofwar420

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Godot
@audiosnag said:
" I'm half Mexican...don't take myself too seriously, but I think it's interesting that they probably wouldn't ever say "Imagine waking up and remembering you're Black" or "a Jew". "
Pretty sure Mexicans haven't been subjected to the same amount of racism and prejudice as black people and Jews.
ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ryoma122

oh well so much for no complaining lol

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Afroman269
@TheMustacheHero: I love you for posting that clip. Also OP, get over it. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By stephengotlost

That is offensive.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pibo47
@MattyFTM said:
" Top gear always make risqué jokes. Like when Clarkson said that lorry drivers are murderers, or when Hammond returned from his horrific crash, and they asked if he had gone mental because of it. They're just jokes. They're not intended to be taken seriously. "
This. TopGear says some pretty messed up shit, but they want you to think of them as jackasses, not commentators.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FrankCanada97

Jeremy Clarkson owned a Ford GT for a while. Evidently anything other than European cars are, in fact, not beneath them.

KosmoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KosmoK
@MattyFTM said:
" Top gear always make risqué jokes. Like when Clarkson said that lorry drivers are murderers, or when Hammond returned from his horrific crash and they asked if he had gone mental because of it, or when they did had to make an advert for a car and did a joke about the German invasion of Poland with the tagline "Berlin to Warsaw in only one tank". They're just jokes. They're not intended to be taken seriously. And they're funny. "
You remember the episode where they discussed the prototype of the Mini Clubman? How it was to be "very british" according to BMW and they could come up with better ideas than teabags and spoons in a sidepanel? One of Clarkson's ideas was a SatNav that "only goes to Poland" or "a Fanbelt that will last a thousand years". I'm from Germany and I was lying on the floor laughing so hard it almost hurt.
Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shady
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Jeremy Clarkson owned a Ford GT for a while. Evidently anything other than European cars are, in fact, not beneath them. "
It also kept fucking up thanks to American engineering.
PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PaulRevere

They're not always the nicest guys, but usually they are joking. I didn't find that overly offensive and honestly, it's not like those guys claim to be good guys or totally PC. People can watch the show for the information and interviews and ignore the rest if they so choose, no?

Oh, and the American version is the worst piece of crap I've seen.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By big_jon
@TheMustacheHero said:

"      

"
Wow
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ryanwho

WHOIWOWOW ONLY IN ENGLAND SHEESH

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Shady said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" Jeremy Clarkson owned a Ford GT for a while. Evidently anything other than European cars are, in fact, not beneath them. "
It also kept fucking up thanks to American engineering. "
That is beside the point. This thread is not about the automotive capabilities of America or any other nation.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By JJWeatherman

I can see why people could be offended by that. Probably wasn't the best material for them to bust out.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SomeJerk

I'm a polar-bear-riding moose-eating snown*gger from the greater north, lemme tell you what I think about this.

It's alright. I've seen far worse on American television, I've seen even worse in highly popular movies.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By IBurningStar

Oh no, people are making fun of other people! WE SHOULD ALL FLIP THE FUCK OUT!

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mikey87144

They're an equal opportunity offender dude. I ordered all the past seasons and that's par for the course with them. They've offended Germans, The French, Americans as a whole, South Americans (South America), Northern Englishmen, Middlands Englishmen, The Scots, their police, Russians, Albanians, Malaysians, Koreans, the Chinese, Catholics, the American army, people who drive Audi's, people who drive Volvo's, people who drive BMW's, Australians, environmentalists, and mostly each other. That's off the top of my head though

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ryanwho
@AlexW00d said:
" Tbh what they said about Mexicans is just a stereotype invented by American Media anyway.  "
Don't forget, their brains and mouths were also made in America. Calling this "grasping at straws" would be an understatement.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FrankCanada97

Isn't this program shown after the watershed over there? If it is, isn't it pretty much fair game?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ryanwho
@JJWeatherman said:
" I can see why people could be offended by that. Probably wasn't the best material for them to bust out. "
Low hanging fruit racist humor is edgy and provocative when you have an accent.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AlexW00d
@mikey87144 said:
" They're an equal opportunity offender dude. I ordered all the past seasons and that's par for the course with them. They've offended Germans, The French, Americans as a whole, South Americans (South America), Northern Englishmen, Middlands Englishmen, The Scots, their police, Russians, Albanians, Malaysians, Koreans, the Chinese, Catholics, the American army, people who drive Audi's, people who drive Volvo's, people who drive BMW's, Australians, environmentalists, and mostly each other. That's off the top of my head though "
And our Government.
Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zimbo

That reminds me. I met Richard Hammond last sunday. He was a really nice guy and we had a short conversation for a few minutes.  

What people like the OP fail to realise is that they are mostly just joking. The more people get offended the more it inspires Clarkson and the others to say the stuff because they think people are to uptight about political correctness these days.

These guys always seemed like car snobs.  Making it seem like anything that wasn't european was beneath them. 

This is where you are clearly ignorant. I remember them ripping into loads of cars made in Europe and even Britain. Hell, they make more fun of Britain then any country. Except maybe America.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shady
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Shady said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
That is beside the point. This thread is not about the automotive capabilities of America or any other nation. "
Isn't that what the segment was about though?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ryanwho
@AlexW00d said:

" @mikey87144 said:

" They're an equal opportunity offender dude. I ordered all the past seasons and that's par for the course with them. They've offended Germans, The French, Americans as a whole, South Americans (South America), Northern Englishmen, Middlands Englishmen, The Scots, their police, Russians, Albanians, Malaysians, Koreans, the Chinese, Catholics, the American army, people who drive Audi's, people who drive Volvo's, people who drive BMW's, Australians, environmentalists, and mostly each other. That's off the top of my head though "
And our Government. "
And deliver with the subtlety of Carrot Top. Real comedians should be most offended here, just by the sheer laziness of the setup. At some point they're just reading off a laundry list and I'm wondering if the writer for 2 and a Half Men does Top Gear on his off time.
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By babblinmule

I cant believe that anyone is taking this seriously. Its top gear, they're not exactly meaning everything they say. 

I remember when I watched it live, Clarkson's comments about the ambassador really did seem like he was egging him on and trying to provoke a reaction. But simply, if you for some baffling reason take this seriously and are 'offended', then pick up the damn remote and change the channel!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AlexW00d
@ryanwho said:
" @AlexW00d said:
" Tbh what they said about Mexicans is just a stereotype invented by American Media anyway.  "
Don't forget, their brains and mouths were also made in America. Calling this "grasping at straws" would be an understatement. "
I assume you are trying to be better than me by being sarcastic, but I guess you are probably an American. Regardless, apart from this, I have never seen/heard a single tv show make any sort of similar remarks to Mexicans on a show that isn't American.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Shady said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @Shady said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
That is beside the point. This thread is not about the automotive capabilities of America or any other nation. "
Isn't that what the segment was about though? "
What segment are you talking about? The one in the OP? There wasn't any mention of the Ford GT.
Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OP
I have only one thing to say and that is; you sir are an idiot.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By TheHBK

There is a difference between what we see in something like Family guy and this kind of crap.  Family guy does funny stuff and it is totally not serious.  But for them to bust that kind of crap out, is really offensive, they are real people.  And this caught my attention because I am Mexican.  And if they do this to this extreme with other people, then that is a fucked up show.  For you guys to defend them and to say it is ok for them to say this stuff because it is a joke, is not cool.  you guys really disappoint me.  Telling me to grow up?  Racism like this is unacceptable.  I am sure you guys are the kind of people that thought it was ok for Michael Richards to go on his N-word rant because it was just a joke.  I am sure black people had to grow up then right?  Oh an i see more of the jokes they have said.  Yeah, this is one of the worst things they have said.  It is one thing to make fun of a country, to say that cars have certain crazy features because of where they are from, but to say that joke about "waking up and realizing you're mexican".  Thats fucked up.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shady
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Shady said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @Shady said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
Isn't that what the segment was about though? "
What segment are you talking about? The one in the OP? There wasn't any mention of the Ford GT. "
No, you silly. Inferior foreign car design.
DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DarkTravesty

lol cars.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BigLemon

We have all made these same sort of jokes for it. The only difference is that we don't have cameras on us and don't fall under the scrutiny of public opinion.