DEllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DEllen

Taken from NMEs website 

Twilight's leading man Robert Pattinson is set to play Kurt Cobain in a forthcoming biopic. The Sun reports that the British actor - known as R-Patz to his teen fans - has landed his "dream role" in the part of the Nirvana frontman. 

Patttinson apparently "has always thought of himself as a musician rather than an actor" and so the role is "ideal for the pin-up", according to the paper's source. 

I for one really do not like this. Kurt should not be played by an actor who has shot to fame due to teenage girls. 

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

I agree. This is really funny, in that it makes me really angry. But hey, who knows? He might actually do a good job.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By flaminghobo

This leaves me FlamingAngry. (Geddit?)

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Wait wait wait wait wait....what is the movie about??

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" Wait wait wait wait wait....what is the movie about?? "
Biography of Kurt, I think.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@FlamingHobo said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
Biography of Kurt, I think. "
Cool, I wanna see Robert Pattinson kill himself while high on drugs! 
Seriously, why does Kurt need a biography? He's a pretty bad influence in my book.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By turboman

I can't see him singing Nirvana songs with any kind of passion or integrity like Kurt did.... I'm afraid they're gonna tween that up a bit... 

...this is a disaster.

francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By francesthemule

Well that fucking sucks.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

twylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By twylo

Are you guys serious?  You have to look past Pattinson in all the Twilight bullshit.  He has the exact grungy demeanor off that set to appeal to Cobain fans.  If you've seen his new movie, "Remember Me", you'll see that the guy is actually a talented actor.  I think he'll leave a few of you pleasantly surprised.  We can all agree Twilight is BS, but you have to get your start somewhere.  I'm pretty happy about the decision.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Lowbrow
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
Cool, I wanna see Robert Pattinson kill himself while high on drugs! Seriously, why does Kurt need a biography? He's a pretty bad influence in my book. "
I saw this, looked at your avatar and now I can't decide if you're serious or not... He was awesome, his band was awesome, and his short time on this earth gave us some awesome music. 

They'll probably fuck up the biography though. With the twilight fucker they're already on the right track.
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By cap123

the guy has hated the fame that twilight brought him since the start, it seemed to me like this guy was a serious actor who got caught up in some teen flick that he expected to be forgotten about within a few weeks.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvilTwin
@cap123 said:
" the guy has hated the fame that twilight brought him since the start, it seemed to me like this guy was a serious actor who got caught up in some teen flick that he expected to be forgotten about within a few weeks. "
Seriously?  "Hey guys, I'm going to play heart throb characters in the two biggest book franchises of the last decade plus, but I don't want any fame or anything." 
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cap123
@EvilTwin:  OH I DON'T KNOW. i just read a quote somewhere where he said something along the lines of 'i want out, some girl came up to me a few days ago and asked me to suck her arm where she'd cut herself'.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By vidiot

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror in the state of Washington and were suddenly silenced.

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hats
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

Big deal, Kristen Stewart's current movie casts her as Joan Jett.  The question I have is who will play Courtney Love in the bio-pic?  I vote for Hilary Duff.  She's already played a heroin addict on film, so this should be no stretch for her.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kishan6

are u fucking kidding me

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By SSValis

There are so many British actors playing Americans its funny. Also this guy can not act whatsoever.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60

This sounds lame.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Lowbrow said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
Cool, I wanna see Robert Pattinson kill himself while high on drugs! Seriously, why does Kurt need a biography? He's a pretty bad influence in my book. "
I saw this, looked at your avatar and now I can't decide if you're serious or not... He was awesome, his band was awesome, and his short time on this earth gave us some awesome music.   They'll probably fuck up the biography though. With the twilight fucker they're already on the right track. "
Yeah, I love Nirvana and all, but Cobain doesn't really need a biography.
JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoeMarsden

I don't see the big deal with Cobain. He just seemed like a bit of a douche - and his music isn't that great.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By raiz265
@DEllen said:
" Taken from NMEs website 

Twilight's leading man Robert Pattinson is set to play Kurt Cobain in a forthcoming biopic. The Sun reports that the British actor - known as R-Patz to his teen fans - has landed his "dream role" in the part of the Nirvana frontman. 

Patttinson apparently "has always thought of himself as a musician rather than an actor" and so the role is "ideal for the pin-up", according to the paper's source. 

I for one really do not like this. Kurt should not be played by an actor who has shot to fame due to teenage girls.  "
But it's going to be a movie for teenage girls.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Laaaaaaame.

Actually, today, a classmate told me that I remind him of Kurt Cobain, which I thought was kind of amusing. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, though, but he didn't mean it as an insult.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Dude

Guess they were looking for someone as equally overhyped and horrible...DOUBLE BAH-ZING!

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Tom Hanks should play Kurt Cobain.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Vincent Caravella should play Kurt Cobain.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TurboMan said:

" I can't see him singing Nirvana songs with any kind of passion or integrity like Kurt did.... I'm afraid they're gonna tween that up a bit...  ...this is a disaster. "

i imagine it'll turn out something like this......

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jinxman
@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers: hahahaha, oh god, the chorus is SO BAD!  haha.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

" @FlamingHobo said:

Seriously, why does Kurt need a biography? He's a pretty bad influence in my book. "
Dude, honestly, STFU.  You have Dave Grohl as your avatar.  Make sense at least.  Kurt typified the angst of the Grunge generation who were sick and tired of the bubblegum pop and corporate sanctioned buttrock which were forced down their throats and ears for years and while Dave was the musical talent he doesn't care about music or the message like Kurt did.  Dave has made it clear many times that he doesn't write songs with deep messages or hidden meaning.  You could tell that Kurt meant and felt every word that he sang.

Sid and Nancy was a great biopic of Sid Vicious, frontman of the Sex Pistols who also ended his own life so there's no reason why there shouldn't be one on Kurt.  There have been two productions which covered Ian Curtis (frontman of Joy Division) and both were damn good films.  No Pattinson after all, yay.

Oh and the people saying they're glad that Kurt killed himself are just selfish fucking cunts.
Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChristOnIce: 

@ChristOnIce said:
I like Nirvana, but I'm glad Kurt offed himself.

Well, it's pretty clear from your posting history that nothing, anywhere will ever meet your standards on anything...  apart from a sacrificial suicide, of course. Go back to your thesaurus, you overly verbose prick.

Otherwise, my first thought is "Oh, Bollocks!" It kind of freaks me out they are making a serious attempt at a Cobain biopic, Nirvana are the reason I started taking music seriously. I was fifteen when Nevermind was released.

There is more than enough for a good movie, read Heavier Than Heaven, by Charles R. Cross. It is, in my humble opinion, the best Cobain bio out there. Utterly grim and unrelenting, and there is no happy ending. It is a well researched and well wriitten biography, though. Courtney comes out of it pretty well. If you doubt that, try reading Cross' breakdown of actually living with a heroin addict.

Please, please, do not screw this up. I've been to Seattle twice, for fuck's sake.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@SeriouslyNow: Chill the fuck out.
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By eclipsesis
@FlamingHobo:

I'm pretty much sure Kurt did something like this himself, obviously not up to the shooting bit but at least everything that is relavant, like his child hood and stuff

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Chill the fuck out. "
I'm chill as a freezer.  That doesn't mean I can't call you out on being a huge, pulsating infected knob.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Atleast we will get to see him blow his head off.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By AgentJ

Pattinson might as well move to Washington, now that he's playing a second Washingtonian. First it was Twilight, set in Forks, and now it's Corbain, from Seattle.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Chill the fuck out. "
I'm chill as a freezer.  That doesn't mean I can't call you out on being a huge, pulsating infected knob. "
I like Nirvana and I respect what they have done for the music industry. But, IN MY OPINION, I don't think Cobain needs a documentary. And I have a Dave Grohl icon because I'm more of a Foo Fighters fan than I am a Nirvana fan. If I liked Nirvana more, wouldn't I just go for a Kurt icon? 

I would like to also point out that you're sending insults to someone on a forum of no apparent reason. I want to be just like you when I grow up.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Metal_Gear_Sunny:   You've already surpassed my limited context so don't worry you're bound to be more than I could ever hope to be.  I'm guessing that Ian Curtis, Sid Vicious Sylvia Plath and Van Gogh must all be bad influences in your mind and so should be shunned by those who wish to immortalise them too eh?  Not that I see Cobain on the same level if importance, but he shouldn't be shunned because he took his own life.  How weak minded do you think people are?  That's sad for you.
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clinkz

If this is true, NOOOOOOOOOO. I miss you Kurt :(

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@SeriouslyNow: I'm obviously going to hell because of my opinion. Thank you for making me realize this. Also, you don't need to make a movie to honor someone.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By TheHT

I'm way more interested in what Courtney Love has to say about this.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Black_Raven
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

" @FlamingHobo said:

Agreed, I want a Jonas Brothers biography.

Edit: This isn't as bad as Jackson Rathbone playing Varg Vikernes in the Lords of Chaos movie.  
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GreggD
@TheHT said:
" I'm way more interested in what Courtney Love has to say about this. "
RARGLE FRARGLE MY DEAD HUSBAND'S INTEGRITY ALSO YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME WTF
Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Alphonzo

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!1?

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By Suicrat

@raiz265 said:

" @DEllen said:

" Taken from NMEs website 

Twilight's leading man 

Robert Pattinson is set to play Kurt Cobain in a forthcoming biopic. The Sun reports that the British actor - known as R-Patz to his teen fans - has landed his "dream role" in the part of the Nirvana frontman. 

I for one really do not like this. Kurt should not be played by an actor who has shot to fame due to teenage girls.  "
But it's going to be a movie for teenage girls. "
First of all, raiz265 makes an excellent point. Second of all, this is what happens when you give up control of your own life by ending it early.

Perfect example: did anyone see the Dewey Cox biopic? They Got John C. Reilly to play him. Terrible casting choice...
WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By WickedCobra03

I really just wish they would rather go and relax for awhile until they find someone really really suitable.  I mean this band was kind of a big deal and both Kirst and Dave are still alive and kicking.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @SeriouslyNow: I'm obviously going to hell because of my opinion. Thank you for making me realize this. Also, you don't need to make a movie to honor someone. "
You don't need to do anything at all to honour someone but should people want to I fully support the idea.  Not everyone was around when Grunge hit and this is more than a tribute, it gives people context when they have little else to draw from, especially those of future generations.  Case in point : Sid and Nancy.
OldManLollipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By OldManLollipop

THAT'S who Robert Pattinson is? God dammit fuck everything.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChristOnIce: 

I admit it, I'm a tit.

I wrote that post about half two in the morning, just in from the pub, and I was quite drunk.

I try and keep my posts positive, or at least neutral, these days.

I usually don't post anything at all while under the influence of alcohol, my reasons for that should be pretty obvious to you.

So, sorry about that, COI. I shouldn't have said anything at all.

You're still a condescending bastard, although my track record isn't exactly spotless either.

Peace.