Washing the GB Dad Hat from the shop

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey folks,

Has anybody tried hand washing the GB Dad hat? Did it hold up okay?

I know it seems like a dumb question, but, in my experience, washing some caps is fine, washing other caps, not so fine (depends on what the material the visor is made of.) Usually you get some sort of care tag in the brim, but I couldn't find it on mine.

Thanks.

totalpatoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Not gonna be super helpful, but the gentlest way I know to wash anything fabric is hand washing with a gentle detergent and letting it air dry. Hopefully other folks have more helpful advice about this hat in particular.

On another, GB hat-related note, does anyone have any idea when/if this hat will be back in stock? I'd love to get one, but it's been out of stock since I discovered it.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna be super helpful, but the gentlest way I know to wash anything fabric is hand washing with a gentle detergent and letting it air dry. Hopefully other folks have more helpful advice about this hat in particular.

On another, GB hat-related note, does anyone have any idea when/if this hat will be back in stock? I'd love to get one, but it's been out of stock since I discovered it.

Since we're talking about it. I really, really love the design on that hat but I would love it to be available as a dad hat and not a snapback

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what I do with my hats, is soak them in a bucket with just regular dish soap and let it sit for a hour. Rinse it and it should be good. Just make sure to ball up a towel when you dry it so the form stays. I have also seen some people wash hats in the dishwasher, but that may be a bit to aggressive for the materiel.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I’m looking for specific hat info. My wife and I use baby shampoo for anything we need to handwash. It’s just that some of these caps use cardboard as the brim stiffener, and those things don’t handle washing very well - and I can’t find any care instructions for the GB hat, either on the GB website or from the original maker.

MisterDarcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it’s just some sweat stains that are bleeding into the bill, hand wash gently. A little soap and scrub on a damp cloth should get it out over time and not ruin the bill if it’s cardboard. Tip for anyone, never ever ever hear dry any hat, just let it dry naturally, and no dry cleaner is ever equipped it handle hate, especially wool caps (decade in hat sales).

totalpatoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

@turtlefish: maybe the vendor, Social Imprints, would have some specific advice for you. Try emailing orders@socialimprints.com - I've emailed them before and they have a decent response rate.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TurtleFish

Update: took a while, but I finally handwashed the hat, everything came up fine. PEOPLE, YOU CAN CLEAN YOUR GB DAD HAT. :)

Thanks again to everybody who offered input.

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything in particular done to it?

I figure I'll soon just get a bucket, some warm water and a light soap and mostly just soak mine.

clauDDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey folks,

Has anybody tried hand washing the GB Dad hat? Did it hold up okay?

I know it seems like a dumb question, but, in my experience, washing some caps is fine, washing other caps, not so fine (depends on what the material the visor is made of.) Usually you get some sort of care tag in the brim, but I couldn't find it on mine.

Thanks.

I wash only by hand and very carefully