What are some games on Steam you recommend to a broke ass?

Stickyclean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stickyclean

i just bought my "first" computer. im pretty knowledgeable on games in general and i know the big names. but i was wondering if anyone would want to recommend any very cheap games i can play. preferably games under 5 bucks, but i will take anything into consideration and add it on my wishlist or something. i can wait for one of the amazing sales Steam seems to have.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xdaknightx69

would be helpful to know which kind of games you were into. but i would check out some of the F2P games or maybe get the THQ humble bundle which has some great games and they all work with steam.

bucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bucifer

I reccomend you check out the THQ humble bundle. For five bucks and some change you get a ton of great games on Steam http://www.humblebundle.com/

spexeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spexeh

Well you're in luck, because this year was great for high quality but less expensive indie games. FTL, one of my favorite games this year, can be downloaded from the developer's webpage for $6 and it provides a steam code. The game is a fantastic deal at the regular $10 price, so I would buy this immediately. There was a quick look, but the game doesn't lend itself well to the quick look format, but there are a plethora of other reviews for you to base your decision. This game isn't one to show off any new hardware, but it is still a very well-made game.

http://www.ftlgame.com

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By psylah

I spent 2 dollars on Terraria, and that game is great.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By bibamatt

Definitely THQ bundle. You can spend $1 and get some aaaace games. Also, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition is $3.74 over at greenmangaming with code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 until the end of today. It's a Steam key.

Also, bookmark this site... http://www.steamgamesales.com/

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By fox01313

Plenty of good games for not a lot & should be coming soon with the annual winter holiday sale where everything goes on sale (unless that was moved to november this year).

Since steam often puts a lot on sale at random, load up the wishlist with whatever looks good & use that to quickly see what's on sale. Also in steam there's buttons to pull up all the games that are under $5, lots of classics to dive into there (also Good Old Games).

Another option is the steamgifts site & our gb group.

The Giant Bomb steamgifts.com Giveaway Thread

http://www.giantbomb.com/steam/92-718/the-giant-bomb-steamgiftscom-giveaway-thread/35-551088/

korkesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By korkesh

I thought I'd try to be funny and look for some steam games with an ass or donkey in them, best I could come up with was assassins creed? its got 2 of em?

Anyway on a serious note I recommend looking out for the indie bundle sales that pop up in a lot of places. 
Some of my favourite indie games include, vvvvvv (puzzle-ish), cave story(2d rpg/platformer), super meat boy(difficult but rewarding platformer),
binding of issac(a zelda inspired rouge like). 
Also steam has a holiday sale usually around the new year so you may want to just save up and go big there, you will to get some of the bigger titles for really cheap.

Avatar image for deactivated-637c9f11743a7
deactivated-637c9f11743a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What with holiday time bout to happen there will be some ridiculous sales on. I would recommend, if you can handle some of its age and jankiness, Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Maybe the first Torchlight...

Those 2 are cheap but probably not under 5 bucks, I'm sure forthcoming sales will change that though.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

PlanetSide 2 and Team Fortress 2. Both are completely free to play and feel like full retail games, not crappy games put out to trick people into buying stuff.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By andriv

space pirates and zombies, cheap game you can play forever

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NinjaBerd

I got Terraria for $5, and spent about a 100 hours playing it, so thats a pretty great value.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#13  Edited By Kidavenger

League of Legends, great game if you can get past the rough community, and another vote for humblebundle and Team Fortress 2, all that is enough to keep anyone busy with great games for months.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258  Online

Wait until Christmas.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By YOU_DIED

@Stickyclean said:

i just bought my "first" computer. im pretty knowledgeable on games in general and i know the big names. but i was wondering if anyone would want to recommend any very cheap games i can play. preferably games under 5 bucks, but i will take anything into consideration and add it on my wishlist or something. i can wait for one of the amazing sales Steam seems to have.

Hotline Miami, I think it's on sale right now

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By datarez

Definitely the current Humble Bundle like metioned. That'll keep you going. Don't forget to look over on GOG. They're older games but also usually longer in length so they'll keep you company for a while.