What are your opinions on shaving body hair?

• 93 results
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

This topic used to come up a lot in high school. Is it weird for guys to do it? Should they? Is it going to have a positive of negative effect? Jeff's response to this has made me curious to other peoples opinions on the matter. Frankly I'm of the opinion if you think it feels good do whatever you want just be careful about it.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I have shaved my pits since I was 12, and my pubes since I was 18.

Both are nice for hygienic purposes (I never get BO), and the shaven haven downstairs is VERY popular with the ladies, and is just more appealing in general; my fiancee definitely loves it.

But it's something that requires discipline to keep up, and looks terrible if you don't.

Overall, feels good man.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

@Tim_the_Corsair: I experimented with the pits but never did it again. I should get back into it because it did feel good in certain situations. And yes a clean downstairs is very popular with the ladies. When I was more active with the opposite sex, I've hit a bit of a slow spot for awhile, I got no complaints and actually a few compliments.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
the shaven haven downstairs
Man.
SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlasherMan

Personally, crotch and pit shaving is fine, the rest I just trim.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McGhee

I shave big targets around my nipples and an arrow in my pubes pointing towards my dick.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Toxin066

Trim, but never shave. It's the hair that separates the men from the boys.

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@RE_Player92

@Tim_the_Corsair: I experimented with the pits but never did it again. I should get back into it because it did feel good in certain situations. And yes a clean downstairs is very popular with the ladies. When I was more active with the opposite sex, I've hit a bit of a slow spot for awhile, I got no complaints and actually a few compliments.

Bald definitely enhances appearance more than the 'pigeon egg peaking out of a ratty old nest' look, that's for sure.
TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TotalEklypse
 Real men remove hair like this.
 Real men remove hair like this.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@RE_Player92

Bald definitely enhances appearance more than the 'pigeon egg peaking out of a ratty old nest' look, that's for sure.

I concur.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar

men like it better when women shave down there, so logic should dictate women should like it when men responds in kind. 

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jazzycola

I find shaven dude legs or arms including pits are kinda weird. But I completely support trimming the old G. W. Bush (Good Wholesome Bush if you don't know). Jeff has it right...It's really up to you.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By subject2change

NAIR on EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pubes.

I never knew anyone who shaved their pits until this thread.  (Other than ladies, obviously)

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@xobballox
Pubes.

I never knew anyone who shaved their pits until this thread.  (Other than ladies, obviously)
I recommend trying your pits, especially if you're naturally hairy and/or have strong body odour.

It makes a huge difference, and is also popular with girls, who (it turns out) aren't especially thrilled when laying on the chest of some dude and getting their curly armpit hair in their ear.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RE_Player1

@Tim_the_Corsair: Does it really make a dramatic difference in terms or odour? Also is there a particular method to approach shaving the pits?

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hot_Karl

Like chest hair & stuff? I'd say yes to shaving pubes (or at least trimming them a bit, come on), no to everything else unless you have an unwieldly amount of chest hair or armpit hair to deal with. 

Most girls I know like chest hair, so...just throwing that out there. 

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SlasherMan
@RE_Player92: Yes, it does make a huge difference. Shave it like you shave anything else really, apply some cream and shave against hair growth (or with.. I guess either works).
evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By evilrazer
@RE_Player92: If you are involved in any physical work or you attend the gym regularly, I think it's crucial to shave your pits, because you can't even apply deodorant properly because of your jungles.
TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TotalEklypse

In all seriousness.. 

Does it itch like a mad man? Like even when it starts to grow back? I saw some Man Nair and figure that would be the way to go maybe.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#22  Edited By Hailinel

@evilrazer said:

@RE_Player92: If you are involved in any physical work or you attend the gym regularly, I think it's crucial to shave your pits, because you can't even apply deodorant properly because of your jungles.

You must not do a very good job of applying deoderant, then. (Or you just use a shitty deoderant.) You don't need shaved pits for it to be effective.

Also, I don't shave anything below the neckline.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Subjugation

Shaving is great, but it itches so bad when it starts growing back. You know what I mean.

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@RE_Player92

@Tim_the_Corsair: Does it really make a dramatic difference in terms or odour? Also is there a particular method to approach shaving the pits?

It really does, when I've gone camping and shit and let it grow...well yeah, it makes a difference.

I keep my chest as is too, most girls do indeed seem to like a bit of man-fur there. I've done my legs (whole body basically) before when I was swimming competitively, but never liked that or did it again when I stopped.

Anyway it's just hair, it grows back. My main suggestion (especially pube-wise) is to keep in mind you'll be itchy as a motherfucker before you get used to it.
BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By BombKareshi

As far as dudes go, I'm not particularly hairy, so I don't shave anything below the neck.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DougQuaid
@TotalEklypse said:
In all seriousness..  Does it itch like a mad man? Like even when it starts to grow back? I saw some Man Nair and figure that would be the way to go maybe.
Not really. Once you start doing it and get used to it and it stops itching.
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SSValis

this thread is gross, thanks bro 

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pezen

Never shaved anywhere other than head and face/neck. I don't have the drive to keep shaving all over the goddamn place. Keeping my beard from becoming sentient is job enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My position is the same as Jeff's. Just do what feels good to you. 

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I know thanks to seinfeld to never shave my chest hair.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DougQuaid
@FancySoapsMan said:
I know thanks to seinfeld to never shave my chest hair.
LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!   
evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By evilrazer
@Hailinel said:

@evilrazer said:

You must not do a very good job of applying deoderant, then. (Or you just use a shitty deoderant.) You don't need shaved pits for it to be effective.

Also, I don't shave anything below the neckline.

It's just my opinion, don't know about you, but with my pits all hairy I feel uncomfortable and constrained. And every time I see a person in the gym whose pits are hairy - they smell like ass. I hope there is some people who are polite enough to polish their armpits with deodorant enough so they won't stink.
TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TotalEklypse
@DougQuaid said:
@TotalEklypse said:
In all seriousness..  Does it itch like a mad man? Like even when it starts to grow back? I saw some Man Nair and figure that would be the way to go maybe.
I'm just having a hard time with the "get used to it" concept lol. How do you get used to the regrow hair spikes giving your junk the business? I am down to try anything once especially for the ladies in my life but this one has me cringing. I mean I love a shaven haven on my girls so it makes sense the other way around. But shit.. we have more surface area and such to cause problems.  

@SSValis said:
hahaha
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dany

shaving body hair is fine and it will stop itching after awhile.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@xobballox
Pubes.

I recommend trying your pits, especially if you're naturally hairy and/or have strong body odour. It makes a huge difference, and is also popular with girls, who (it turns out) aren't especially thrilled when laying on the chest of some dude and getting their curly armpit hair in their ear.
Huh.  I may try it.  I think I would catch shit for it around here though if people knew.  I know literally no one who has done that.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I don't think you should shave period. If I wasn't in the military, I would never shave my face and if i wasn't a guy who want to get in bed with someone every now and then, i wouldn't shave my pubes. I don't like shaving.
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TotalEklypse: It's never made me itch.
DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DougQuaid
@TotalEklypse said:
@DougQuaid said:
@TotalEklypse said:
I'm just having a hard time with the "get used to it" concept lol. How do you get used to the regrow hair spikes giving your junk the business? I am down to try anything once especially for the ladies in my life but this one has me cringing. I mean I love a shaven haven on my girls so it makes sense the other way around. But shit.. we have more surface area and such to cause problems.  

@SSValis said:
hahaha
Sure it will be uncomfortable when you first start with ingrown hairs, razor burn and maybe a rash, but your skin gets used to it. Once you start though, you can't stop.
Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Maluvin

At this point in my life  I just don't bother shaving the pits unless I'm particularly bored or know I'm going to be outdoors a lot.  Shaving the pits decreases the amount of moisture that's available for bacteria to grow on (the cause of a lot odor)  but with my job I stay pretty dry anyways.

Also while some people naturally smell worse than others never underestimate the effect that diet has on B.O..  When I'm eating healthy and avoiding certain foods the pit smell is significantly less regardless of whether or not I shave.  

I've never shaved down south and never had it be an issue one way or another.  Seems to be a bigger issue to the young dudes these days and that's cool but I've just never had any complaints from the ladies so just never felt it was worth the effort.  Media drives a lot of the feelings and opinions on that kind of thing.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

I don't go all the way, but i like to trim my body hair down a notch or two.

If you shave your armpits, it might be a good idea to not use deodorant for day or two, otherwise it might sting for a bit.

Another protip: If you shave down there, don't use scissors. Unless you have nerves of steel & hands of a surgeon. Otherwise, might not end well.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By N7

@Maluvin: You've NEVER shaved down there? GOOD LORD. After a week or two for me, my shit starts turning into the mystic garden. You probably haven't had any complaints from the ladies because your pubes are absorbing them.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Claude

I'm not that hairy, but I sure can grow a beard. When you get ear hair and care, call me.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hoossy

I run faster that way... Peeeooowwwwwww!! 

Seriously though, the best way to shave balls is to sit backwards on the toilet with a beard trimmer and go to town... all the hair just falls right in the pot and FLUSH... gone and clean!  

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pinworm45

Dudes shaving their armpit hair creep me the fuck out

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By SumDeus

I'm itchy right now... Was it worth it?

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rahf
@SumDeus said:

I'm itchy right now... Was it worth it?

You'll get used to it and eventually it won't bother you. 

Armpits and G.W. here. Need a new trimmer though, my old one's on his last ropes now.  

It feels fricking good to be clean down there.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Red

This is a gross topic, but I agree with Jeff. It's your body hair, you choose what to do with it, and it's no one else's business.
I don't want anyone commenting on the hairiness of my legs, and, likewise, I will not comment on how hairy someone's pits are.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By artelinarose

I personally shave everything. I shower every day to every other day and always make sure I shave at least one thing when I do. Been shaving my face since I was about 14-15, and shortly after I started doing my legs, junk and arms. Armpits followed shortly after. Past few years I've started doing my chest and back. Feeling smooth feels awesome, and it's less work to dry myself off after I shower. BO isn't a problem, and the few chicks I know think it's amazing how smooth I am.