What happened to Giant Mailbag?

jeterman29ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jeterman29ny

Does anyone know what happened to giant mailbag? I mean I doubt people just stopped sending them things. Did they stop making Giant Mailbag videos or something? They're my favorite thing to watch on this site and pretty much the only thing that keeps me coming back. Thanks

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

They just don't get enough cool stuff. I'd send something, but I don't have a lot that they'd want.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By artofwar420
@Video_Game_King: Maybe they keep getting the same things? Or maybe they don't have the time?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Xeiphyer

They have been too caught up in litigation because of that NDX - Bombcast debacle.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Xeiphyer said:
" They have been too caught up in litigation because of that NDX - Bombcast debacle. "
I wish the lawyers could just settle already. It's starting to affect the quality of the site.
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Jeff answered this in his Veoh or Formspring or whatever. Basically, they are not getting a lot of "unique" things to warrant taking the time to record a video and upload it. Seems like all they are getting are just foreign snacks...

Good for their tummies but not really interesting for a video.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MrGetBonus
@OllyOxenFree said:
" Jeff answered this in his Veoh or Formspring or whatever. Basically, they are not getting a lot of "unique" things to warrant taking the time to record a video and upload it.  Seems like all they are getting are just foreign snacks... "
I could watch endless videos about foreign snacks.
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Surkov
@jeterman29ny said:
" Does anyone know what happened to giant mailbag? I mean I doubt people just stopped sending them things. Did they stop making Giant Mailbag videos or something? They're my favorite thing to watch on this site and pretty much the only thing that keeps me coming back. Thanks "
Mailbag segments are the only reason you come to the site? What....
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

People kept sending in the same stupid shit over and over again.

mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mm665
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" They have been too caught up in litigation because of that NDX - Bombcast debacle. "
I wish the lawyers could just settle already. It's starting to affect the quality of the site. "
I heard Brad is leaving because of that.
Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sil3n7

If the mailbag videos are the only reason you come to giant bomb...I'm seriously confused. You dont care about the podcast or reviews? Do you play video games? It's seems super weird for someone to be way into those videos if they aren't invested in the crew or other content.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
@mm665 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
I wish the lawyers could just settle already. It's starting to affect the quality of the site. "
I heard Brad is leaving because of that. "
You heard right.
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Portis
@OllyOxenFree said:
" Jeff answered this in his Veoh or Formspring or whatever. Basically, they are not getting a lot of "unique" things to warrant taking the time to record a video and upload it. Seems like all they are getting are just foreign snacks...  Good for their tummies but not really interesting for a video. "
It was VYou that he answered that question, and it was pretty recently that he did -- so it'd be pretty easy to find for anyone who wants to watch it. 

But yeah, I like the videos too a lot but man some of that stuff they were getting wasn't all that interesting to watch unpack. The only time I ever really enjoyed the videos of them unpacking a 10 pound box of odd snacks was when something broke or spilled inside the box. I'm fine with them only doing mailbag's when they get something really unique.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Claude

I miss Lemon Lens.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Portis said:
" @OllyOxenFree said:
" Jeff answered this in his Veoh or Formspring or whatever. Basically, they are not getting a lot of "unique" things to warrant taking the time to record a video and upload it. Seems like all they are getting are just foreign snacks...  Good for their tummies but not really interesting for a video. "
It was VYou that he answered that question, and it was pretty recently that he did -- so it'd be pretty easy to find for anyone who wants to watch it. 

But yeah, I like the videos too a lot but man some of that stuff they were getting wasn't all that interesting to watch unpack. The only time I ever really enjoyed the videos of them unpacking a 10 pound box of odd snacks was when something broke or spilled inside the box. I'm fine with them only doing mailbag's when they get something really unique. "
But how would they ever know when it's something more interesting? They'd have to do a dramatic reenactment of their surprised faces.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Someone give them an arcade PCB then videos will happen.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Portis said:
" @OllyOxenFree said:

But yeah, I like the videos too a lot but man some of that stuff they were getting wasn't all that interesting to watch unpack. The only time I ever really enjoyed the videos of them unpacking a 10 pound box of odd snacks was when something broke or spilled inside the box. I'm fine with them only doing mailbag's when they get something really unique. "
But how would they ever know when it's something more interesting? They'd have to do a dramatic reenactment of their surprised faces. "
That idea sounds way more appealing than seeing their actual reaction.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seedofpower

A better question is What the hell happened to a lot of content on this site? Universe of tang, just upped and stopped. I know there are more movies you can review Ryan. While they keep saying "there is nothing coming out this week." When I'm seeing new releases all the fucking time on steam. . . . .

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McGhee
@Seedofpower:  
Ryan has said that TANG will be coming back.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Seedofpower said:
" A better question is What the hell happened to a lot of content on this site? Universe of tang, just upped and stopped. I know there are more movies you can review Ryan. While they keep saying "there is nothing coming out this week." When I'm seeing new releases all the fucking time on steam. . . . . "
The whole idea of Universe was to expand out to games that weren't necessarily based on video games, but just had something to do with video games. I assume that's because Ryan watched all the ones based on games already. After doing several episodes of Universe, are there really more movies that he could watch? The well's gotta run dry eventually.
Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sil3n7

It kinda seems like they are getting a little lazy... no Tang, no mailbags, I love Mondays becoming not as well produced ie. they are now live with no script.

Giant bomb is great... just saying.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By DystopiaX
@Sil3n7: for the mailbags thing, I don't think it's laziness, I think it's that people keep sending them the same Asian/European snack foods, so they don't have anything new or interesting to show. I mean, yeah they can show them drinking the same energy drinks again, but there's really no point.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Red12b

no mail no bag

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seedofpower
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Seedofpower said:
" A better question is What the hell happened to a lot of content on this site? Universe of tang, just upped and stopped. I know there are more movies you can review Ryan. While they keep saying "there is nothing coming out this week." When I'm seeing new releases all the fucking time on steam. . . . . "
The whole idea of Universe was to expand out to games that weren't necessarily based on video games, but just had something to do with video games. I assume that's because Ryan watched all the ones based on games already. After doing several episodes of Universe, are there really more movies that he could watch? The well's gotta run dry eventually. "
This is true, but when site goes days during the week with no content. Pop in "Stay alive," and force Vinny to edit it.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#25  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@Claude said:
" I miss Lemon Lens. "
Me too. Giant Bomb needs some original mail bags and a new intern!
Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Catarrhal

They never would have received eight hundred Twinkies if it hadn't been for the Mailbag videos; hence, no more Mailbag.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sameeeeam
@Video_Game_King said:
" They just don't get enough cool stuff. I'd send something, but I don't have a lot that they'd want. "
There has to be something good on the moon.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Underachiever007: 

No, not really. What would they want with these super dense gases that you can swim in and stuff?
SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SomeJerk
@ThePhantomnaut said:

" Someone give them an arcade PCB then videos will happen. "

Too expensive to ship from the other side of the planet, though I've played with the idea of sending them something like Hard Head and asking them to make a QL of it in case of a slow news week.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sameeeeam
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Underachiever007:   No, not really. What would they want with these super dense gases that you can swim in and stuff? "
I have no idea, but it would make for a good Mailbag vid. 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Underachiever007: 

But the gases would leak through the box, making for a crap video.
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#32  Edited By Marino  Staff

Let's face it. No one can top my (and HeavyDuty32's) Chik-fil-A mailbag. We ruined it for everyone.    

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pessh

They're lazy. TANG cancelled without explanation, I love Mondays is getting there, QOTW gone, fake Brad and Bodega are the only ones we get articles from, video reviews are a rarity. It's not like there's an endurance run going on or a lot of games coming out. All we get is quick looks, which surprise surprise, require very little editing, takes a lot less time than say...video reviews. I love GiantBomb but seems like theres no content anymore, I can read news written by Nicholson which some dude already posted in the forums three days ago or a bunch of 13 year olds reciting shitty memes and hating on CoD.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oatz
@Claude said:
" I miss Lemon Lens. "
Lemon Lens sucked. Kessler Kam was where it was at.
OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By OneManX

Between Game of the Year Stuff going up and them going out for press events as well as doing QL, reviews, Bombcast they are still giving us the basics, the extra content will have to wait because it's kinda busy in the early parts of the year,, b/c games get pushed into the Jan-Mar release windows, all the press events they've had to cover. 3DS event 2 weeks ago, Namco last week, DICE this week. It's busy this time of year.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By FesteringNeon

I am tempted to send them a box of Colgate Wisps. 

No Caption Provided

I somehow ended up ordering 3 boxes of 48ct.  I really don't know what to do with all of these now : /  It's a bit ridiculous. Something not entirely useless.. but a bit overboard.
proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By proflate

i was totally wondering the same thing earlier today. and now that tested has a new mailbag video up today it made me think even more. 

oh well, i really enjoy seeing tested get mail because they're the new site on the block. 

but hey....screened doesn't get mail... :[ 

edit:@bukkookkub: yes. yes. yes.