What is the worst summer movie you have ever seen?

• 133 results
CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll never understand how the special effects in that film looked so much worse than the first X-men film almost 10 years before it.

I can't remember if it was a summer film or not, but the worst film I've ever seen in cinema was Gothika. Was dragged to see it by a girl I liked at the time. Think I fell asleep in it :/

I'm generally quite well informed about the films I go to see in the cinema and as such don't have many "terrible films I almost walked out of" stories. I don't want to spend the £10 for a ticket for a film I might not like.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

How the fuck has no one said The Happening that movie was worse than everything in this thread.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonball Evolution.

I want my two hours back with compensation for undue suffering.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I'm not that critical of stuff so this is a hard question. The only movie in recent memory that I didn't even finish watching was Max Payne. I was so bored.

masterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Expendables. I guess it was supposed to be a 'manly' movie, which left me insulted that I might be the target audience and I'm pretty sure I ended the film significantly dumber. I had a similar feeling when watching 'Hot Tub Time Machine', I felt embarrassed for everyone involved. Oh yeah and what the fuck was 'Shoot 'Em Up', that film was unbelievably bad.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Oh, there's a long list, most of which was named in this thread already.

I'm adding Another 48 Hrs. onto this list, though. Fuck me, that movie was horrendous.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By HerbieBug

The baseball one about the kid who injures his arm and this implausibly causes him to be able to throw really hard so he implausibly starts playing pitcher for a major league baseball team and etc. xp

google to the rescue. This hot steaming pile of garbage was called Rookie of the Year. edit--- sorry, rookie OF THE YEAR[sic]

No Caption Provided

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@jakob187: The 48 hours that came out during Christmas season and has a rotten tomatoes rating in the 90s?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damm, id say spiderman 3,

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110  Edited By meteora3255

I paid to see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It made me sad. I swore I would never own that movie, but then they made me buy it by putting it in that spiffy Blu-Ray collection so really they got me to pay for it twice.

darksouls2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman, it was so boring I fell asleep in the theater.

Same here :(

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God.. would May count as the "summer"? For me in no real order, Transformer 2, Wild Wild West and Pearl Harbor.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By Justin258
SmithCommaJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SmithCommaJohn

Batman and Robin. 1997. I was 13 years old.

I was at an age where pretty much any big, flashy action movie would do it for me. But this was the very first film of that type that made me think "this is really stupid".

Tom_Scherschel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Tom_Scherschel

Absolutely and unquestionably, 1996's The Phantom starring Billy Zane. Seek it out.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@onekillwonder_ said:

@kindgineer said:

The hostility in this thread is huge. It's just movies, guys. They didn't murder your children.

Well, not until someone comes out and says The Dark Knight Rises.

Jesus Christ dude.....
Jesus Christ dude.....

Gonna safely say that this is too soon.

fuuucccccckkkkk, not cool dude. Not cool.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Probably Pacific Rim.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That last die hard movie was absolute garbage

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zauzazu said:

Transformers 2. And I was at the age where all of my friends thought it was the best thing they had ever seen. It was aggravating.

I had the same problem. The two friends I went with and myself were all 16 at the time, and I absolutely hated Transformers 2 and they were defending it. It was really frustrating because I knew I just saw complete and utter garbage. That being said, Transformers 2 was the worst Summer movie I've ever seen, I haven't seen 3 but I'm avoiding it like the plague.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some of yous have some right doozeys. I just have Spiderman 3.....I left the theatre for 15 minutes when the dance scene happened. It was 5 years laters before I saw the whole thing was still curse I saw it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went back and watched the original TMNT, just to see if it was horrible. Oddly enough, that movie still kicks all kinds of ass.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#123  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Oh wait, Matrix Reloaded was a summer movie wasn't it? Oh fuck, the dance club scene was unbearable, I don't even know how I managed to stay to the end credits.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@jakob187 said:

I went back and watched the original TMNT, just to see if it was horrible. Oddly enough, that movie still kicks all kinds of ass.

The original movies didn't become truly horrible until Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. That movie is just awful.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some knock-off "same name as a good one" shit!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It must be pretty amazing if the worst summer movie you've seen is The Dark Knight Rises...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@jakob187 said:

The original movies didn't become truly horrible until Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. That movie is just awful.

It had just been a LONG time since I had seen the first one. I didn't even remember it that well. However, it still holds up surprisingly well. Plus, while I always knew that Elias Koteas (one of my favorite actors ever) was Casey Jones, I wasn't aware how AWESOME he was.

It was really jarring watching the first and second back to back the other day, as I really thought the first April O'Neill was better than the second. Then again, Paige Turco was a minor thing in the '90s, I guess.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#128  Edited By SMTDante89

G-Force

I really didn't want to go, but my two coworkers wanted to see a film at the local theater, and one of them hadn't seen a movie in 3D before. The only reason I went was to get off the campground we were working on for a night. It was an absolutely terrible movie, but I at least tolerated it once I just decided to roll with it. Would not recommend it to anyone though.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Amazing Spider-Man 2, in theatres now.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#130 riostarwind  Moderator

I can't say anything recent would be the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. Gotta go back 22 years ago when I went and saw Tom and Jerry: The movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember going to see Transformers 2 with my brother and a couple of our friends, and it was HORRIBLE. I just remember when we were driving home we were talking about how fucking awful it was... I would say Avatar: The Last Airbender, but my brother went to see it the night before, and he warned me to avoid it like the plague, so I took his advice. Got to admit though, reading all the hate the movie was getting online was EXTREMELY entertaining to read while I was at work, and it almost made me want to go see it so I could join in as well, haha.

jeddy201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna troll it up and say Man of Steel. I absolutely despised that film.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel, Prometheus, Splice (not summer, I know) are my Top 3 Worst Pieces of Crap I Have Ever Watched.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By Fearbeard

@shagge: oh yeah, definitely Batman and Robin for me also. I was drawing a blank until I saw you mention this. I went in expecting it to be bad and it was so much worse.

I went with some friends and almost walked out on it. If I had driven myself I would definitely have left.