What videogame/movie/book has scared you the most?

• 56 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jay444111

Kinda shocked no one has put in John Carpenters The Thing in the movie section yet.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Aronman789

Video Games: I refuse to play horror games, but Oblivion did shorten my lifespan on multiple occasions. Fuck mobs that hit from behind.

Movie: Exorsist, I was still a religious kid when I first saw this, almost made me shit my pants.

Book: None really, I read Frankenstein and Dracula in middle school and they weren't very scary really, kind of dull to tell the truth. Maybe I should give Lovecraft a shot.

heartily24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By heartily24

Mostly Asian horror films do the trick. I particularly got spooked out with the Ju--On (The Grudge) film series and that one Thai film entitled "Coming Soon".

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Book/movie: IT when I was like 7.

ghostNPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By ghostNPC

As with most here, Amnesia was the scariest game I've ever played.   But, to mix things up abit, I'm going to shill another terrifying game (mod in this case) here;  Afraid of Monsters. Downright horrifying and completely surreal. As a horror fan and someone who studies this stuff, I cannot recommend it enough.  Brutally hard and sometimes frusterating (can say that adds to the effect), if you have the means to play it, absolutely do it.

Movie-wise, [REC] and Blair Witch still creep me out.  However, one particular scene from David Lynch's Mulholland Drive scared me shitless.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Christoffer

Except some cheap jump scares games doesn't really affect me at that level. I guess I'm too focused on the objectives to notice all the ambient moodyness.

Books and movies, on the other hand, can create some serious tension. Edgar Alan Poe always makes me uncomfortable (most stories, not all of them). There's something about old horror literature that's far more unsettling than modern books.

And as for movies. Ringu, a tale of two sister, The Eye... well most of those japanese horror wave movies I've seen. Terribly horrifying stuff.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By thebunnyhunter

PumpkinHead: (Its Pumpkin Head...........terror incarnate) The first time i saw it i was probally about 6, spending the summer at my grandma's house in the middle of nowhere which had a pumpkin patch......I would hear the screen door opening and closing all night and would think of Pumpkin head or Zombies were coming after me.

Penumbra: Can't even bring myself to finish, i act like a little girl at every thing in that game

Scariest Places on Earth: When i was younger i couldnt stand the show, it seems so stupid now but the images.........i wish i could think of the episode that scarred me. Would never even take a second look at most of the shit now but that episode.........damn my grandma's house, im pretty sure i watched it at my grandma's house too...