• 74 results
SenorFroberto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SenorFroberto

I don't know if its just me, but In the last few months, there have been a crazy number of large events in a fairly short amount of time.

1.)  The Middle East is pretty much imploding with countries like Egypt and Bahrain rising up against their governments
2.) A number of fairly large natural disasters such as the earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan, especially Japan
3.) A possible civil war in America with the whole issue of states voting away collective bargaining 

I don't believe in the whole everything is going to end in 2012 thing, but If ever there was a time to argue that 2012 could spell the end, now would be a time to do it.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By blueduck
@SenorFroberto said:
3.) A possible civil war in America with the whole issue of states voting away collective bargaining    

No Caption Provided
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

I dunno man it seems like business as usual.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

2012!!!

Lol, jk. That shits dumb.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By artofwar420

Shit's been shitty for thousands of years bro, this ain't no new thang.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Bad shit happens that is completely independent of anything else. 

Those three things have absolutely nothing in common than they happened.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no u got it all wrong, everyone knows that in 2012 a Zombie Apocalypse is going to happen. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

Huh? What civil war? Isn't that just how politics work?

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Toxin066

I think because of the economy and whatnot, we're a lot closer to a...*ahem*.... Silver war.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Three0neFive

1.) How is this a bad thing, again?
2.) Volcanoes, earthquakes and the like have been happening every day the Earth has existed. We only see so many "disasters" happening because of statistics. Rising population = more people = more chances for people to die.
3.) wat

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Vinny_Says

4.) Justin Bieber getting a haircut, OMG the world is so fucked up these days!!!!

woodroez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By woodroez

@SenorFroberto said:

" I don't know if its just me, but In the last few months, there have been a crazy number of large events in a fairly short amount of time. 1.)  The Middle East is pretty much imploding with countries like Egypt and Bahrain rising up against their governments2.) A number of fairly large natural disasters such as the earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan, especially Japan3.) A possible civil war in America with the whole issue of states voting away collective bargaining  I don't believe in the whole everything is going to end in 2012 thing, but If ever there was a time to argue that 2012 could spell the end, now would be a time to do it. "
It's just you. Awful shit has been happening around the world forever. It was never not happening before, it will not stop now or after 2012. Possible civil war over goddamned unions? No.

People let unprecedented access to global information drive them mad.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JasonR86
@SenorFroberto said:
" I don't know if its just me, but In the last few months, there have been a crazy number of large events in a fairly short amount of time. 1.)  The Middle East is pretty much imploding with countries like Egypt and Bahrain rising up against their governments2.) A number of fairly large natural disasters such as the earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan, especially Japan3.) A possible civil war in America with the whole issue of states voting away collective bargaining  I don't believe in the whole everything is going to end in 2012 thing, but If ever there was a time to argue that 2012 could spell the end, now would be a time to do it. "

I think we'll be ok.  I have a few family members who feel like you do.  I probably look like an undying idealist but I really do think we'll all be ok.
Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Vao

welcome to the news, shit like this always happens, national disaters happen, theres always been unrest of some type in the middle east. and some side of the political party is pissed at the other.  

10 years ago We had 9/11, a war in Afghanistan, Economy was faiing, Anthrax scares.  Theres always something going on around the world, the reason its so big these days is its easy to he heard around the world. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Jeust

The end is nigh!

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FlyingRat

I think you might be overreacting a little...

The world has always been and will always be this way.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onarum

It's the aliens I tell you, they're using some sort of mind control device coupled with a natural disaster generator to make us go even crazier, then next year when we'll all be on each others throats they'll ransack the place.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Subjugation

You almost sound like someone who has just discovered news networks for the very first time. There is and always has been crazy stuff going on, it's just the way the world is.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By nintendoeats

Shit

Happens

Alot

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Xeiphyer

Absolutely nothing is happening. 

There are always people who get freaked out when they hear about a couple natural disasters happening in a year, but the fact is that the number of earthquakes we have had this year is completely average, just a bit more unlucky and a lot more publicized.

The middle east has been rife with unrest and wars for thousands of years, so that's not even remotely new.

The whole USA thing sucks, but that's life. There are plenty of civil wars and unrest in the world.

RudeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RudeJohn
  1. Shit happens ALL the time.
  2. People suck.
  3. People suck.
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LiquidS

You are probably right.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By Chris2KLee

Shit was fucked up way before any of us were born and will continue to be fucked up way after we are all gone. It's the way of the world. All you can do is try your best to make a better one, and hope when you're done the world is a little less fucked up.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Bones8677
@blueduck said:
" @SenorFroberto said:

No Caption Provided
"
Thank you this is very appropriate. ^_^
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

There is no possible civil war. 

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Matfei90
@Three0neFive said:
" Rising population = more people = more chances for people to die. "
I'd also like to add that the advanced level of world-wide interconnection and communications means the whole world hears about such events, as opposed to a century ago where news didn't travel anywhere near as far or efficiently.

So all the increased exposure to worldwide events makes it feel like shit's getting real, but it's nothing to worry about.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingzetta

Some bad shit that's very bad for everyone in the world.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Slaker117

Pick any moment in history and you'll be able to find three particularly fucked up things going on. World has anyways been a messed up place.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#29  Edited By BeachThunder

...But, it's 2011...

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Even as you typed away while making this topic, countless more fucked up things happened. Just the way things are, man.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Someone needs to calm down.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By JJWeatherman
@BeachThunder said:
" ...But, it's 2011... "
Exactly. Just enough time for all of this to culminate into one great disaster. 

Not going to happen though.
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Mr_Skeleton
@SenorFroberto: Nothing special is happening, shit like this happened for thousand of years the only thing that changed is that now people know about it because of the media and internet.
frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By frankfartmouth

What do you think people in Europe were telling each other during the Black Plague, when everybody was dropping dead, literally? Nothing new under the sun, man, except 24 hour news cycles.

UsbCable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By UsbCable
@onarum said:
" It's the aliens I tell you, they're using some sort of mind control device coupled with a natural disaster generator to make us go even crazier, then next year when we'll all be on each others throats they'll ransack the place. "
The fuck? Your crazy lol. The world has already ended silly, we all just can't let go. The aliens are here among us planting seeds of the end in our minds so that once they simulate the end again we will all be free to be planted into our true and final form. They keep pushing back the date of the end because they need as much people as possible to accept this truth. The aliens are what we will be, DUH!
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PeasantAbuse

lol Civil War lol 

It's sad that I've had to post that more than once.
Ichorid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By Ichorid4

Yeh, it could be worse. We could be facing an imminent Ice Age- the Earth has seen its fair share of those over its lifetime.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By pandorasbox

possible civil war? do you live in america? there is NO chance of a civil war.

Hichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hichael

I feel like we're just more aware of shit happening because of the internet.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Makes me think the poster is 13.  If they already think the world is bad, wait till they learn something.

kratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By kratos

Things people would say during World War II
1)Well World War II
2)Soviet Famine 
3) Chinese Floods, and Japaneses Earthquakes (Woah topical 1943 blog poster)

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By MikkaQ

The day America fights a civil war over unions is the day I give up on society. 

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

As far as all the earthquakes go, they're all pretty much within standard levels and frequency. They just happen to be going off in more densely populated areas than usual. So yeah, while it's a terrible tragedy, shit does happen.  

We also live in an age where we know what happens in every country at all times. So I'm 100% positive that has something to do with it.  

I really can't wait until December 22, 2012, so people will shut the fuck up about this nonsense. Of course, I'm sure they'll all just find another random date to use.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McGhee

Civil war between whom? Union and non union people? Employers and employees? Gimme a break. lol

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FateOfNever

I was going to say something about living in a world of global information or some such, but, I've already been beaten to the point, so, there ya go.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By onarum
@UsbCable said:
" @onarum said:
" It's the aliens I tell you, they're using some sort of mind control device coupled with a natural disaster generator to make us go even crazier, then next year when we'll all be on each others throats they'll ransack the place. "
The fuck? Your crazy lol. The world has already ended silly, we all just can't let go. The aliens are here among us planting seeds of the end in our minds so that once they simulate the end again we will all be free to be planted into our true and final form. They keep pushing back the date of the end because they need as much people as possible to accept this truth. The aliens are what we will be, DUH! "
That makes perfect sense to me.
DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarkTravesty
@SenorFroberto said:

also, lol 2012
AZ123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AZ123

You are forgetting about the shooting in Tuscon Arizona... that was the first major event of 2011

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Red12b

I have a question, 

What Civil war...? I heard about the unions but am I that far out of the loop to not now that you guys are about to go and fuck yourselves?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throughout civilization we suffer dark times that eventually amend themselves by politics learning of redemption and preservation. China will forget about our debt, the US government will forget about this dumb war, Green Technological innovations will create a new age (like the 50s), yatta yatta. Then eventually, new problems will occur that humanity must face. It's just a repeating process.