What's next for Mick Schumacher (F1 Racer)?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear F1 fans in the Giant Bomb forums

Not long ago, Mick Schumacher (Son of Michael Schumacher the 7-time world champion) is fired from team HAAS and getting replaced by Nico Hülkenberg (F1 & former Le Mans racer) for the 2023 season, so far what I've heard about Mick's 2022 season progression, he appears to have underwhelming performance as he fails to meet the team objectives plus crashed multiple times.

While I've heard he is going to fight hard to return to Formula 1 in the near future and I'm expecting him to improve a lot.

DrGonzo456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I do hope he gets another shot at driving. I understand why he was cut loose, but Haas was certainly fun to watch at the very least this season and I felt like he was a fun person to root for with his history.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs a team with more money. Toto was saying he might take him under his wing, maybe reserve or test driver. Expect news on that front in the coming weeks.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will probably (hopefully?) end up with Merc as a reserve, but I wouldn't mind seeing him pop over to Formula E for a season. Even though he didn't have much success with Haas, he is an accomplished racer in other disciplines. It was shocking comparing Mick's resume to Piettro Fittipaldi (current Haas reserve driver). The best Piettro has finished was 5th in F3 Asia, and the rest was a bunch of double digit finishes in other series including a couple 20+ in Indycar.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RagTagBag

He'll end up in Formula E with everyone else that has more talented family members.

When was the last time someone was dropped for performance reasons and actually managed to make it back a grab a seat? I wouldn't include Hulkenberg since he was already an established driver when he left and probably could've had another seat somewhere if he wasn't picky.

I was really hoping Stroll would be a success story and would be a strong example to show other teams that if you stick with a young driver and help them grow and improve, it'll pay off. But nope, he's just another example of if you don't got it, you don't got it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grosjean found his way back. I'm with you on Stroll. He has pace but he hates looking in his mirrors.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot about Grosjean, but he didn't really get a real shot in his first stint. I was thinking more of someone who was was given at least a full season to establish themselves and then dropped because they couldn't cut it. Ocon missed a year, but that was more about the team getting sold and Stroll needing a seat than Ocon's performance.

Avatar image for inspectorfowler
inspectorfowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does seem like a nice guy. I will also admit I do get a bit tired of kids of famous racers suddenly appearing and getting a huge boost because money+name recognition=massive head start. Sainz is the same way, along with Oliver Solberg over in the WRC.

Dunno. I wish him well because he seems to avoid some of the prima donna drama some of the other drivers seem to attract.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inspectorfowler: I don't know about that. It's hard to be a prima donna when you have 12 career points and rarely drive above your car's potential. There were also some rumblings that his entourage was a bit of an issue.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inspectorfowler: I don't know about that. It's hard to be a prima donna when you have 12 career points and rarely drive above your car's potential. There were also some rumblings that his entourage was a bit of an issue.

I think that is just Haas smokescreening a bit to try and get people on their side about dropping Mick. The guy was absolutely loved by his F2 team, and the feeling seemed mutual.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

My heart wants him to get a seat but my brain understands the expectations of results.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not know what is next for Mick. Pizza delivery?

I really liked him in the beginning of his drive with Haas, but slowly soured on him over time. He made too many mistakes-some very costly- and seem to have excuses for most of them.