What's the deal with TWILIGHT?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

Am I getting too old? Or has the world gone to shit? Because this just crept up out of nowhere, I know there's a book(s?) and that all tickets are sold out until next week. I'm only 21, but am I already out of touch? Then again I'm not a girl, and it seems that 99% of the audience for this, are either moms or teens... or single slightly overweight young women.

Any of you guys going to watch this?

But, if you're looking for a love story with vampires go for this: http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/ It's Swedish, and it seems much better.

Eh...
Eh...
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

Am I getting too old? Or has the world gone to shit? Because this just crept up out of nowhere, I know there's a book(s?) and that all tickets are sold out until next week. I'm only 21, but am I already out of touch? Then again I'm not a girl, and it seems that 99% of the audience for this, are either moms or teens... or single slightly overweight young women.

Any of you guys going to watch this?

But, if you're looking for a love story with vampires go for this: http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/ It's Swedish, and it seems much better.

Eh...
Eh...
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

I don't know either, from what i've seen it's just a crappy teenage vampire film with shitty soap opera acting.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

I don't know, I had a friend that told me about sunlight making vampires sparkle and all I could say was what the fuck. That alone just seems a bit messed up to me...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By artofwar420

This whole thing seems bigger than Harry Potter.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

One of my friends is such a fangirl for this. It's increibly embarrassing. Anything with magic or vampires and shit like that in it, she's on like a fly to shit.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By super_machine

I thought it looked like some new show on the CW network.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By OGCartman

Iv got alot of female frieinds who joined "I fucking hate twighlight" FB group.
I think a majority of the people dont really like it :P

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene

Is this a American release only?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By super_machine

I want to know whats up with that kids hair? Why is it so huge?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Bulldog19892

It looks god awful.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Verdugo

I really don't see why the hell this series is overhyped like it is, then again, I've never read a book in the series.

I admit to liking love stories, but this looks a bit...lame.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shocker

I think it looks horrible. But oh well, I just won't go watch it...

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Meowayne

The Twilight series is about as blatantly geared towards the female audience as most Current-Gen X360/PS3 videogames are blatantly geared towards the male audience.

When it comes to fanbase and shameless fan(girl)service, Twilight is neither better nor worse than modern high-budget game development.

I loathe the series, the hype, the fangirls and from what I've read, it isn't even well written, but you have to bear in mind that when you bought Gears of War, you're not exactly in a position to mock the 99% female audience that is going to make that movie overtake Titanic in the box office.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bekern

My cousin made me read the first chapter of it, and it was pretty much garbage. It's just a book for young girls and really shouldn't be taken seriously, people are just expecting it to become the next Harry Potter, which it won't.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Meowayne
bekern said:
"My cousin made me read the first chapter of it, and it was pretty much garbage. It's just a book for young girls and really shouldn't be taken seriously, people are just expecting it to become the next Harry Potter, which it won't."
Uh, it already is? The hype around the books and the movies is HUGE.
bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bekern
Meowayne said:
"bekern said:
"My cousin made me read the first chapter of it, and it was pretty much garbage. It's just a book for young girls and really shouldn't be taken seriously, people are just expecting it to become the next Harry Potter, which it won't."
"
I really don't think this will get as big as Harry Potter. I just don't think it has the same universal appeal as the Harry Potter books, these books are much more geared towards teenage girls. I'm glad there is hype though, anything that gets more people reading is good IMO...

edit-fixed my post because I read yours wrong
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Meowayne said:
"bekern said:
"
I refuse to believe a prepubescent book about a bunch of bitchy vampires and their girlfriends is as good as Harry Potter.
This "franchise" is killing all of our souls. The only thing anywhere in recent memory that was great that involved vampires came out in 1997.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By artofwar420
Meowayne said:
"The Twilight series is about as blatantly geared towards the female audience as most Current-Gen X360/PS3 videogames are blatantly geared towards the male audience.

When it comes to fanbase and shameless fan(girl)service, Twilight is neither better nor worse than modern high-budget game development.

I loathe the series, the hype, the fangirls and from what I've read, it isn't even well written, but you have to bear in mind that when you bought Gears of War, you're not exactly in a position to mock the 99% female audience that is going to make that movie overtake Titanic in the box office.

"
Not every game in the "current gen" consoles is for males. And do you really think Gears of War is exclusively played by men? Games don't have to have pink ponies to appeal to women, they just don't have to be demeaning to women. You should look at some of the statistics in male/female console numbers.

Let me ask you this, how is Pixel Junk Monsters shameless fanboy service?
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZeroCast

I totally don't understand the hype behind this movie specially on sites like Youtube, it's like people are looking at it and thinking:"Oh look, it's another Romeo and Juliet Movie but with Vampiers, let's watch this".

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Jayge_

The book is written by a sexually repressed Mormon woman who had been so closeted that she wrote a book about an affair with a supernatural creature, a rubber-band snap to the completely opposite side of the spectrum. She was a stupid housewife with no knowledge of vampires or any idea how to write a story. She should never have been published, her book is shitty, and she just needs to go back to bearing children and hating gay marriage like the rest of the Mormons.

I love BoG.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By clubsandwich

My sister and her friends are obsessed with this piece of shit, they can't wait to go to watch the movie tonight.

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Tycoon

We saw it on a school trip earlier today.  WAY overrated, but still good.  7/10 i guess if you want numbers.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thanatos990
artofwar420 said:
"This whole thing seems bigger than Harry Potter."
mehavenotzheardofit
thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thanatos990
Video_Tycoon said:
"We saw it on a school trip earlier today.  WAY overrated, but still good.  7/10 i guess if you want numbers."
WTF, u go to the movies in school? No child left behind seems to work.................:|