When did I buy this gem of a game and Halo on the Playstation 2?

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

Edited By wwfundertaker

When the Sega Saturn stream was announced i decided to look at my own game collection, to see what games i own for the Saturn. Looking through a binder i found a pre production sample of Crazy Taxi.

No Caption Provided

I don't remember when i got this, what i paid for it or even where it came from. My best guess is that this version was used in game stores as a demo before or after the game came out. I can't confirm if this was the full game or if it had the wonderful Offspring soundtrack.

If you thought it couldn't get any more weirder i found a copy of WindJammers for the Neo Geo CD. I honestly believe the Neo Geo CD system never came out in the UK, i could be wrong. The game is the American version but i could not imagine this running well with only having 1 or 2x CD drive speed.

No Caption Provided

Has promotion and advertising improved in the last 17 years since the PS2 came out. Go look at the back of some early PS2 manuals and you might this amazing promotion for the PS2 memory card. You do not want to lose your precious Fantavision data, here is 8MB to play with.

No Caption Provided

To wrap this up i found a video game magazine called Total Station (a UK magazine which started as Total Playstation in 1996 but changed their name to Total Station in 2000) from July 2000, which covered Sony's E3 presentation. I will upload a couple of pages which show coverage for Halo, Aliens Colonial Marine and a Running Man game. Could you just imagine Halo running on a PS2 (i know it's not the FPS version that we know and love). Finding out that Aliens Colonial Marine was being talked about in 2000 is intriguing but also kind of sad.

Smugglers Run and Aliens what a combination.
Smugglers Run and Aliens what a combination.

Run Like Hell, Unreal Tournament, Silent Hill 2 and Onimusha.
Run Like Hell, Unreal Tournament, Silent Hill 2 and Onimusha.

It got cut off on the left when i was scanning but that is John Woo at the Bottom.
It got cut off on the left when i was scanning but that is John Woo at the Bottom.

I have scanned the first 20 pages of 184 and there are a few interesting articles which i would like to upload for everyone's viewing pleasure.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The fact that "Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2)" was the official name for those things, and the way that it had to be referred to in every game and piece of promotional material always made me laugh. What a dumb idea.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To differentiate it from the 8MB PSOne memory cards third parties would produce .... or not. I hate how my PSOne memory cards won't work on my PS2. I've still got my MaxDrive. Ah, the fun days of putting your console upside down just for a chance to make that storage solution work.