Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#102  Edited By Little_Socrates

Because they've spawned an army of similar, also-boring bands, like Shinedown, Seether, Sick Puppies, Lifehouse, and, of course, Hinder, probably the most offensive sound-alike band of all time. I'd hate Weezer for a similar reason if I didn't love atleastonesongoneveryoneoftheiralbums. I'd also hate Rise Against for the same reason if I didn't like the style, but I happen to dig it, so rip-offs are kind of welcome from me.

Most of the time, when I hate a Nickelback song, it's not even by Nickelback. They're practically a genre of common-denominator rock, and on top of creating perfectly worthless radio material that gets more alternative radio plays than great bands like The Black Keys, they even managed to infect otherwise good-bands like The Foo Fighters (I remember when my knowledge of them was limited to the post-grunge era a la TCATS and TINLFL and I had no knowledge of IYH or ESPG.) Luckily, FF recovered some with the new album, but other bands that are otherwise not very Nickelback-y have delved in some Nickelback unnecessarily. Basically, I hate Nickelback more because of their effect on rock music than because of their music; sometimes, that can be saved by being a good band all the same, but Nickelback isn't especially good at that either.

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By TheChaos

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about them.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By duskvamp

There's a lot of hate in this thread. I feel like I shouldn't admit that I actually like a couple of their songs...

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#105  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Hate is a strong word, I only want them to die a horrible death.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#106  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
LOOK AT DIS DEM DEERE FOOOOTOOO-GRAAAPH  ERE' TAM IS ALWAYZ MAKES MEH LAAF!!!
brilliant !
xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By xxxlynchxxx

Why DON'T i hate them?  That would be a much shorter list... and look, there it is done.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By Venatio

I do not hate Nickelback and they have some songs that I really like, sure they're a bit generic but I really like Chad Kroeger's voice, I've never understood the intense hate that they get

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By OrkHammer007

I used to hate them because they were overplayed, and I got thoroughly sick of hearing each and every song 10-15 times an hour on the radio. 

Now, I hate them because rock radio will break up a nice block of good songs with some overplayed Nickleback standard, thus making them the musical equivalent of a small child who persistently walks in on you and your significant other having sex.