Windows movie maker

BGDB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Apologies if this isn't the best place to post this; I did a search and nothing came up on the subject.

I am currently looking to dabble in video editing and before I actually dump any money into it, I like to get a better understanding of it. Cursory searching on the internet made it seem like windows movie maker was beginner friendly so I went looking into getting it, but it seems that windows stopped supporting it on their website as of the 17th of last month. With me not trusting any of the sites saying that they have a download link for it, and none of my friends having any knowledge on the subject, I've come here with hopes of a suggestion of an alternative that I could try out.

Thanks in advance

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ya theres no windows movie maker anymore. If I were you in would check on DaVinci resolve. It's free editor. It is more on the advanced side but for a free editor, I doubt you'll find much better

Colt45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You might also want to check out Blender. It's primarily used for 3D modeling and animation, but it has a pretty robust video editor, too. It's free and cross-platform. It can look intimidating at first; but if I can figure it out, anybody can. There are tons of tutorials out there.

I work in Linux a lot, so Blender is my usual go to for video projects. It won't replace things like Premiere or Final Cut, but it works.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Yeah, DaVinci is well regarded so give that a shot.

BGDB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks all, ill look into these two.