Wow... I'm fucking unlucky

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

Okay, so for those who don't know I'm in high school and I work part time at Wendy's. Anyway I was at work today and the big boss who is in charge of all the Wendy's in the area was at our restaurant today. Obviously my manager and the general manager were more stressed than usual that he was here and because of that they had me do a lot of work I usually don't do. Today I had to empty the trash cans outside and throw the trash in the dumpsters.  
I went outside and collected all of the trash and was bringing it to the dumpster and while I was walking to the dumpster I noticed the door that goes in front of the dumpster blew into this car that was right next to the dumpster. I didn't think much of it at first and I just threw the garbage in the dumpster and then I went to take the door off the car and put it in front of the dumpster and I noticed the door put a big mark into the car. As I was walking in I see this big boss running out to that car, which was his car, to get something. 
I became worried. What if this boss goes and notices this mark on his car and blames it on me? I went to the general manager and told him the story and he began to panic and he explained to his boss what happened. The general manager seemed to know it wasn't my fault but I was still worried I was going to get fired. This district boss fired someone on the spot for being on his cell phone once. Anyway it seems like he understood because he told me "don't worry about it, everyone makes mistakes". I just don't understand what mistake I made.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

Okay, so for those who don't know I'm in high school and I work part time at Wendy's. Anyway I was at work today and the big boss who is in charge of all the Wendy's in the area was at our restaurant today. Obviously my manager and the general manager were more stressed than usual that he was here and because of that they had me do a lot of work I usually don't do. Today I had to empty the trash cans outside and throw the trash in the dumpsters.  
I went outside and collected all of the trash and was bringing it to the dumpster and while I was walking to the dumpster I noticed the door that goes in front of the dumpster blew into this car that was right next to the dumpster. I didn't think much of it at first and I just threw the garbage in the dumpster and then I went to take the door off the car and put it in front of the dumpster and I noticed the door put a big mark into the car. As I was walking in I see this big boss running out to that car, which was his car, to get something. 
I became worried. What if this boss goes and notices this mark on his car and blames it on me? I went to the general manager and told him the story and he began to panic and he explained to his boss what happened. The general manager seemed to know it wasn't my fault but I was still worried I was going to get fired. This district boss fired someone on the spot for being on his cell phone once. Anyway it seems like he understood because he told me "don't worry about it, everyone makes mistakes". I just don't understand what mistake I made.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Griddler

So you're lucky? You didn't get fired?

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vasta_narada

How are you unlucky?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

... treating the fucker like he's holy just because he's the boss... the disgusting world we live in. i would never give that much of a damn

RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RawShark

Uh, yeah, you're mega-lucky. Thanks for taking the time out to tell the Internet though, bro.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo

You didn't make a mistake, I think your boss has either not understood exactly what had happened or didn't convey himself correctly. Accidents happen, your boss seems like an understanding guy, don't worry about it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine
@FlamingHobo said:
" You didn't make a mistake, I think your boss has either not understood exactly what had happened or didn't convey himself correctly. Accidents happen, your boss seems like an understanding guy, don't worry about it. "
I guess I just feel bad about it. 
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Ineedaname
@Wolverine said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" You didn't make a mistake, I think your boss has either not understood exactly what had happened or didn't convey himself correctly. Accidents happen, your boss seems like an understanding guy, don't worry about it. "
I guess I just feel bad about it.  "
And so you should you deserve to be fired.

So you say, "But for what"

Then I say, "So why feel bad"
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

It sounds like you didn't do anything so you shouldn't get fired.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine
@Ineedaname said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
And so you should you deserve to be fired.  So you say, "But for what"  Then I say, "So why feel bad" "
I'm not responsible in anyway for the damage done to his car. I just feel bad that he got a scratch on his car and that I was the one who had to find it.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? I dont really get the unlucky part....

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine
@JJOR64 said:
" It sounds like you didn't do anything so you shouldn't get fired. "
Yeah, I'll be fine. 

@Resident4t said:
" What? I dont really get the unlucky part.... "
Well I guess it could have been a lot worse, he could have blamed me and all but I just feel unlucky that I was the one that had to tell my boss. It ended up working out fine but I was so nervous when my boss was telling his boss about it.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

Oh god, you pissed off Big Boss.

Kiss your ass goodbye.
Kiss your ass goodbye.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Claude said:
" Oh god, you pissed off Big Boss.

Kiss your ass goodbye.
Kiss your ass goodbye.
"
XD Oh man, Claude!
dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By dopeman
@Ahmad_Metallic: Congratulations on sounding like a complete douche. Some people need suck up so when they go home they don't starve. Fuck, your really ungrateful.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dalai

Usually this can be solved with a polite conversation over two cups of Wendy's chili.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Claude
@Dalai said:
" Usually this can be solved with a polite conversation over two cups of Wendy's chili. "
I worked at Wendy's in my youth. The chili is the bomb and the way they make it is great, loved making the chili. You know the fresh hamburgers that's not sold, well, they become part of the chili.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine
@Claude said:
" Oh god, you pissed off Big Boss.

Kiss your ass goodbye.
Kiss your ass goodbye.
"
xD hahahahaha
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Ahmad_Metallic: Working for minimum wage is one bug ass kiss mate
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Whisperkill

Heh, I misread the title as "Wow... im fucking ugly"
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolverine
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" yeah....your totally unlucky, I hate when I dont get fired for fucking up too. "
Okay well I never fucked up. I just found his car like that.
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By MasturbatingBear
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" still, your not unlucky if you dont get fired. "
lol logic...
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Milkman
@Wolverine said:
" @Ineedaname said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
And so you should you deserve to be fired.  So you say, "But for what"  Then I say, "So why feel bad" "
I'm not responsible in anyway for the damage done to his car. I just feel bad that he got a scratch on his car and that I was the one who had to find it. "
This is not the right attitude. You're way too nice. It's a dog-eat-dog world. And nice guys get fucking eaten.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" ... treating the fucker like he's holy just because he's the boss... the disgusting world we live in. i would never give that much of a damn "
Ahmad has it right.  Sadly most people are brainwashed and will disagree, though.

I can't imagine ever being a part of that world. Working from home is the way to go.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Getting fired from Wendy's..who fucking cares?  Getting fired would be a Badge of Honor for such a shitty place.  After college, I never put that I sacked groceries at a grocery store on my resume. There was no need.

Jobs like at Wendy's aren't good for the long haul.  If you have worked there for 6 months to a year already, it's time to quit & find a new job.  Don't waste away at some shit hole.  And I wouldn't worry about getting fired over damage to somebody's car, your managers get paid salary so they have plenty to worry about due to choosing such a poor career. You don't!  You shouldn't have said anything & if they came to you, you say you saw it but didn't have anything to do with it.  If they fire you, you say, "Fuck you! I quit."  & walk out on their pathetic asses.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By Siphillis
No Caption Provided
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iam3green

dang, i was kind of expecting something crazy. it is nice for the boss to understand what happened. it would really suck if he fired u because of that. 

i was lucky today. me and my friend went to taco bell. he just decided to start going through the compartments of my car. where the ashtray is i crumple all of my gas receipts in there. he was distracting i almost got in a bender bender. i slamed on my brakes and i didn't hit the truck.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RetroIce4
@Whisperkill said:
" Heh, I misread the title as "Wow... im fucking ugly" "
Lmao. That's cold! At least your not fired though.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoelTGM

no it's your boss who's unlucky.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Fucking Wendys? Good God man-child. Go work at BestBuy for $10 an hour or a Sears Electronics department for $15-$25 an hour.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Burns098356GX
@Wolverine: So your visited by a regional manager (not a 'big boss'), and your let the door smash into his car while throwing away garbage.
Thats not unlucky, your just lazy and dumb, makes no wonder your at Wendys.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By angelkanarias

it seems it went ok

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By Atlas

Dude, your boss is cool.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blazerx9x

sounds like that big boss is pretty forgiving, based on what you said, at least he didn`t go out and just fire you... or wait... can he do that?