Xbox Live Silver account can't play multiplayer?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I've been thinking about making a secondary LIVE account, but just leaving it Silver. I've always heard that Silver accounts can't play online, but I swear I've seen Silver accounts playing online. 

Does anyone have any experience with Silver accounts? Do you just get denied access to the Xbox LIVE component of a game?

pepsimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By pepsimax

Perhaps they just used a trial (like the 48-hour cards you find in certain games) or perhaps it was a special weekend to promote a game/ online gameplay :P 
The accounts will still be and look silver in both of these cases, (edit:) I THINK

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Azteck

You're not able to play games online unless you have a 48 hour pass or something like that. The game will tell you that you need an xbox live-enabled profile to access that.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer

Ahhh. Maybe they were using one of those. God that's annoying.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm curious, is the second account also for yourself? For what reason would anyone want to do that? Are you living a double life, man?!

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SammydesinasNL

With an xbox live silver account one loses the ability of party chat and online gameplay. You also miss out on early access to some demos. Private chat is still possible.
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lukeweizer
@TheGreatGuero said:
" I'm curious, is the second account also for yourself? For what reason would anyone want to do that? Are you living a double life, man?! "
I came up with a really good gamertag for Competitive multiplayer. Just wanted to have it handy and not have to pay $10 to change it on my main account.