Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I've had dropped money and valuables returned to me before so I'd definitely pass those acts of kindness forward.

Even if they never happened I probably still would give the money back. Keeping money I found whose owner I can trace the money back to isn't the way I operate, even if I'm under some poverty. Even when I was a kid when money would've been so much more valuable to me back then (had a pretty meager allowance) I've returned dropped cash.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By kraznor

Given this scenario, return it. Just lying on the street, may as well keep it as you have little to go on to find the rightful owner. Oddly, my girlfriend lost fifty dollars on this very day, so this thread topic popped out at me. Coincidences are fun.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By TopCat88

This exact situation happened to me and I lost the £20 I'd withdrawn and forgotten. If I was fortunate enough to encounter the situation reversed, I'd have to take the money to balance out the universe.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

I once dropped a $100 (dont ask). It would have been nice to get those back. Really nice. So the answer is: return.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#55  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I remember dropping $100 bucks or more at a Starbucks and no one returned it to me so I would pick option B/C cuz I would not see anyone returning things to me nor I...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've had a similar situation happen to me with a 500 NOK bill (That's about a 100 bucks) and I followed the dude out the store and returned it. Felt good man.

However if I hadn't seen the dude who lost it leave the store and just found it, I'd pocket the fucker.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Portis

I would return it. I work for my money, I certainly don't need $50 that bad. Even if I was struggling I'd return it.

I've also come across a debit card sticking out of an ATM -- I just took it to the bank the next day safe and sound. Small thing, but I felt really good about that.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Akyho

@Questionable Ive seen this happen. I myself would return it.

However on this case, me and my friends were waiting to use the ATM. One guy was ahead. He took his stuff and left, there was a note left in the ATM my friend ahead of me was about to take it and go "Hey guy! you left this!" instead a larger set man JUMPS out of no where pushes him aside and yanks the note from the atm and then jams it into his pocket.

The owner of that note turned round just in time to see and then they proceeded to fight over it with my friend on the side of the owner.

Guy dips into his pocket and goes "Ah cmon it was only a joke! HA HA AH AH" and leaves

What an utter prick.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@AjayRaz

i'd return it. i wouldn't like it if that happened to me, so i figure that somebody else wouldn't like it either

This is what I was going to say so instead I'll just quote it.
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By beforet

I'm going to pocket the cash while twirling my snidely whiplash mustache and giggling.

Of course I'd return it. If I really didn't give a fuck I'd just leave it for the next person to angst over.

Disco_Steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Disco_Steak

Karma. I would do my best to return it. But if I couldn't, then it would be like the world telling me to keep it. Karma is great Iike that.

theuselessgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#62  Edited By theuselessgod

If I knew where they were I'd go return it. If I just walked up to the machine without anybody there and a 50 was poking out, I'd keep it.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

If I saw the person drop it I'd return it, otherwise I wouldn't pick it up. It's beneath me to bend my knees to pick up 50$, not rich, just really stupid.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cloudenvy

Of course I'd return it!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By Hamst3r

Since they're right there, I'd return the money.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By nightriff

Return, guy I worked with found a wallet in the lot and turned it in. Little did he know the guy had 10,000 in it and gave him 100. Better than nothing.

Avatar image for canadiantoastzombie
canadiantoastzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Buy a premium member pass.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By zaccheus

@Landonsaid:

If I just come across $50 I'm going to keep it, but if I actively see someone drop it I'm going to try and return it.

This. If there isn't any feasible way to return it I'd keep it. I found a wallet on a bus once and traced their number down from their id and then returned it. Cash is pretty hard to return if you don't actually see the person who drops it.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By envane

if it was possible to return , yeah sure , but if i was just handing in $50 to lost and found , id probably keep it and buy drugs or something right ?